Sikh should marry only a Sikh... SGGS View Point...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

My Sikh, who enjoys the sexual relations with a Muslim woman, is not my Sikh. If someone repents after having sexual relations with other's woman, he can be forgiven; but he, who has sexual relation with a Muslim woman, will never be forgiven".

The Sikhs said, "The Muslims copulate with Hindu women. If Sikhs get revenge, it is good".

Guru Jee said, "Sikh-brothers! We have to take this 'Panth' to the high position, not to lower position. We have not to imitate the wicked.

Do not have any quote by DAHN DAHN Sri guru Granth SAhib ji mahraj

but thtie above quote was provided by 'Amrit Singh ji'

in another post :)

Guest Javanmard

There is no specific mention od such laws in Adi Guru Granth Sahib or even Dasam Guru Granth Sahib. Some rahitname incist on it but then again we are dealing here with descriptive texts not prescriptive ones. Practise in history is that Sikh have married into many other communities before the arrival of the British.

Practise in history is that Sikh have married into many other communities before the arrival of the British.

Well if you mean by marrying Hindu partners, that is true.My own great-grandmother was a "Hindu".So really there was only one other community which Sikhs married into, that is "Hindu".

I doubt that many marriages occurred in Muslim communities.

Also people still married into their own caste, wether they were Hindu or Sikh.

I would marry a "Hindu" if she had faith in Parbrahman and didn't worship stones.I wouldn't mind reading Shri Ishopanishad with her.

Guest Javanmard

It is a renowned fact that Jatt men often went to Bihar, Bengal and other regions of India to get wives from there. Also I read many a report of English women running away with SInghs and... Nihangs in particular (seems Nihangs are sexier than anyone else in the Panth :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: ).

It is a renowned fact that Jatt men often went to Bihar, Bengal and other regions of India to get wives from there.

Not just Jatt, but Tarkhan too.I know an elder in Panjab who married a Bihari woman.

seems Nihangs are sexier than anyone else in the Panth

Seems so. :LOL: :shock:

Ok, i wanted to know...which rehat nama states that you should get marry with sikhni [amrit-dhari] only if you are amrit-dhari yourself...

I was look into this myself.. couldnt find it anywhere.. on which rehatnama it states??

Perhaps sangat ji can quote from rehat nama where does it state the above??

Thanks in advance..

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hiii Akaaaaaaaaaal

anand hiii anand :D :D

In my little opinion, Anand Karj IS SPECIFICALLY FOR GURSIKHS, hence I'm againsti.e. two 'mone' doing Anand KArj as they MOST probably wont follow what they promise to (in lava), and According to Bhai Desi Singh Rehitnama A person can't call himself/herself a SIkh without following the rehit

hope I made any sense :?

bhull chukk maaf :)

Fateh

Neo Ji, when you take Amrit the Punj say that if you are in a marriage then it is best that you take Amrit as a couple. This is because you can only keep marital relations with someone who is Amritdhari also. In fact, you should not even eat their jhootha, let only sleep with them. This is the clearest Hukam that you can use to say a Sikh should only marry a Sikh.

Firstly, it's the Hukam of the Punj, as outlined above, secondly it makes the most sense practically. People here have said they would marry Hindu women, well what language are your children going to speak? Language is a strong foundation for religion.

How can people just forget what Guru Ji did to give us some distinction? You want Sikhi just to 'blend in' with other religions?

Gurfateh

Thanks, Saihajleen Kaur Khalsa ji... In fact my punj pyareie did say that. You see i m not "doubting" their hakum to me but just wondering which rehit nama it says that... just wanted to know where does it say that... i m in no poisition to dis-obey my punj pyarei... no way jose :D

Also d33p, lets not get into that discussion now..hair is hair whether is up your @#$ or armpit.. it doesnt matter.. just learn how to respect them.. its natural... . lol... :LOL::LOL:

Fateh

Neo Ji, when you take Amrit the Punj say that if you are in a marriage then it is best that you take Amrit as a couple. This is because you can only keep marital relations with someone who is Amritdhari also. In fact, you should not even eat their jhootha, let only sleep with them. This is the clearest Hukam that you can use to say a Sikh should only marry a Sikh.

Firstly, it's the Hukam of the Punj, as outlined above, secondly it makes the most sense practically. People here have said they would marry Hindu women, well what language are your children going to speak? Language is a strong foundation for religion.

How can people just forget what Guru Ji did to give us some distinction? You want Sikhi just to 'blend in' with other religions?

Gurfateh

Seems that your blending Punjabi in with Sikhi.

What if a person's respective spouse is an Amritdhari from (eg) Europe? That person may be able to fully or partially understand Bani but their mother tongue is not Punjabi.

Unless you follow a religion that imposes barriers on your lifestyle, I don't think Sikhi is constrained by language. Remember, Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not converse in Punjabi as his 'native' language. And history has shown that many Nihangs saw no problems marrying those women of other faiths.

I've just thought of something. Up until 1699 how did one class themselves as being Sikh? How would they have dealt with these issues that have been bought up here?

Guest Javanmard

What a silly lot of self satisfactory non-sense!!!!

Marry who you want but be aware of the consequences for your Sikhi. And as St Augustinus said: Ama et fac quod vis! Love and do what you want!!!! :wink:

thanks neo ... that put things in perspective. Cheers bruv :wink:

On another note, i've found myself disillusioned with women. they confuse me by the things they say and do. They cant even play sport properly. Sometimes they laugh and point. Other times they talk about silly things like feelings and clothes. Most of them dont even use linux. Some of them dont even care about animals. Most of them hate cats. Even my own sister fights with me. They make guys do stupid stuff like falling in love. Is it really necessary to get married? Cant you live single and be a good sikh. Its something i've been considering lately.

d33p the single singh :?:

Guest Javanmard

I thank God for women for not using Linux and not being computer freaks, I love women because they talk about clothes and laugh, I love women because they make you fall in love, I love women because one of them gave birth to me!!!!

All the great Prophets have recognised that marriage in optimal conditions is the way to Heaven.

It's man's world but it would be nothing Nothing without a woman's heart....

In my little opinion, Anand Karj IS SPECIFICALLY FOR GURSIKHS, hence I'm againsti.e. two 'mone' doing Anand KArj as they MOST probably wont follow what they promise to (in lava), and According to Bhai Desi Singh Rehitnama A person can't call himself/herself a SIkh without following the rehit

hope I made any sense :?

bhull chukk maaf :)

So then wut r the two "mone" n how should they get married?

Sikhi is more than jus rehats.. that should be more than obvious.

Anyways its about whats in someones heart and their beliefs...not the bullshit that people display on the outside. That "mone" could be a much better person than a gursikh.. and dont say dat cant be true..be realistic..not everything is as it appears. A true gurusikh would know this.

And by the way SIKHS DO MARRY MUSLIMS..and have in the past. Dont know what world you people live in.