Guru Gobind singh & Guru Nanak Dev comparative study!

During my discussion with one intelligent person I came across this statement which he made and I want to see if his research came to right conclusion ?

Here is his statement:

Having studied comparative religions now for over 30 years it is quite clear to me that Guru Gobind based his teachinngs on Hermetic thought and that Guru Nanak was clearly influenced by Templar culture and chivalry

• 2 months later...

I can't stand those researchers that come up with their own useless openions and are seeing SGGSJ or The 10 Gurus with such an analytical and critical point of view.

I mean what does this guy really mean... :roll:

Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji are the same Jot. That's it that's all. I don't need to hear anything else.

There is absolutely no differnce in the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji or for that matter the other Gurus - as the time span of normal human life was not sufficent to solidify a concept such as Khalsa - the perfect human being - hence the 11 Gurus.

What Guru Nanak Dev Ji presented to the world, Guru Gobind Singh Ji formalised - the other Gurus were various stages in this formalisation. '

This is an irreversible process just like an evolution.

Just like Bandook said- all the Gurus are the same Jot. People who try and find differnces at this level are Manmukhs.

Guest Javanmard

They are the same Jot but a flame can appear in different colours! The point is that the Templars had no base in Panjab. There is surely an great element of javanmardi-spiritual chivalry in our Gurus' teachings and links with the Ismaili and Shi'a can be found but the Templars???

Guest Javanmard

I agree but SIkhi is more than just principles. Guru's jot is a mystical reality that cannot be expressed in words except through direct mystical experience . This one reality expresses itself like a rainbow has different colours: unity within diversity. Just like Sikhi : one yet diverse with the four sampradavan. Like Guru Granth Sahib: one yet expressed in three sublime forms Adi Guru Darbar, Dasam Guru Darbar and Sarabloh Guru Darbar. Just like ekomkar!

I love Sikhi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you on sikhi part.

but you are totally wrong on "one yet expressed in three sublime forms Adi Guru Darbar, Dasam Guru Darbar and Sarabloh Guru Darbar. Just like ekomkar! "

Why cant you people refer to Guru Granth Sahib Ji by their proper name rather than Adi Guru Darbar- why do you have to be totaly different from the Panth. Why do u want to associate shariks to Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

First it was Bachittar Natak Granth, then dasam Granth, then Dasam Sri Guru Granth sahib, and now Dasam Guru Darbar. Whats the next name coming up.

First it ws just a granth and now people are doing a prakash of it on the same level as Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Whom did Guru Gobind Singh Ji bestow the Guruship on ??

Although I respect you a lot on some aspects, your above statement has really come as a shock.

Just by putting Guru Granth Sahib with so called Dasam Granth and Sarab loh Granth, you have separted Guru Granth sahib Ji the present and eternal Guru of the sikhs from the rest of the ten Gurus.

You are taking Bhai Gurdas Ji's words too far by implying that Guru Granth Sahib's jot is the same as Dasam Granth and Sarabloh Granth.

Dasam Granth - as present in the compiled form is NOT all of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's baani. Charitropakhyan and hikyatnamas defy all logic and purpose as does Bachittar Natak.

Nihang Singhs, taksali singhs and other sampardhaya's been beleiving all three granths as part of gurbani, still beleiving and always will be beleiving all three granths as part of gurbani where anyone likes it or not!!!!!!!!

I think sikhs need to understand their own guroo(shabad guroo) before rejecting dasam granth and sarbloh (disowning their own guroo) which is not good when you go guroo maharaj durbar. :roll:

I remember sakhi of sant baba harnaam singh ji where he did lot of bhagti got darshan of satguroo gobind singh ji maharaj but guroo didnt spoke to him. Upon wondering, sant ji was later learned that he didnt do jaap sahib every day thats why guroo ji didnt speak to him but just gave him darshan.

This was a sakhi of sant baba harnaam singh ji who did soo much bhagti.

Now you can imagine what will be happen when we all die and had to go to his durbar and pay the prices of (guroo ji not speakin to us) because we rejected guroo maharaj's ang by keeping our buddhi(manmaat) in primary and faith in secondary.

I dont feel mad or anything for those reject guroo maharaj bani but just feel pitty that haie vahiguroo, bless baksh his sikhs with bibek buddhi.

Gurbar AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Two question to NEO and Amrik $ingh

1. Have you read Charitropakhyan and Hikayatnamas as well as Bachittar Natak?

2. Amrik $singh , can u please elaboret how Chraitro and bachitar give out the same message

Bachittar Natak shows Guru Tegh Bahdur Ji as undertaking pilgrimages !!! among the numerous other fallacies... Are u guys willing to accept that.

What is the meaning of Pritham Baghauti Simar Ke ???? Does this mean sword here or devi here or God her ??

If you have read charitro and Bachittar Natak, we will discuss it right here...or in a new post.

I had a length discussion about CharitroPakhyan on this forum and in the end it turned out that the other person hadnt even read the Charitropakhyan or for that matter any of the books objecting to it !!!!!!! Please read it before making comments.

I have explained this SO MANY times, BUT do u guys read my posts or just make remarks like that !! and I say again..... No one has doubted Jaap Sahib ever.

It is evident from the Sakhi Neo mentioned that Guru Mahraj was upset about Jaap sahib not being read. (I dont belive in the saakhi because, i dont think Guru Maharaj will ever be sad or angry at a sikh not reading a certain part of Gurbaani...any I have assumed that it is true). Our Guru doesnt have such a small heart. His Hirda is vishaal.

"I think sikhs need to understand their own guroo(shabad guroo) before rejecting dasam granth and sarbloh (disowning their own guroo) which is not good when you go guroo maharaj durbar"

Please my humble request, Dasam granth is not our Guru. You are making a big mistake by associating a sharik to Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Some of the Baani in Dasam Granth is Guru Gobind Singh Ji's baani, definately BUT not all of it.

Even if we were to remove the spurious portion from the Dasam Granth compilation, we cannot accord the same level to Dasam Granth.

If you want I can quote historical quotes from an old manuscript whereby Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself rejected the Khalsa's request to compile his Baani in a Granth..and warned them ...."Naa Haum Karein, Na Tum Phir kario"

Akal Sahai

Babbar Sher

Having studied comparative religions now for over 30 years it is quite clear to me that Guru Gobind based his teachinngs on Hermetic thought and that Guru Nanak was clearly influenced by Templar culture and chivalry

Does it matter what or who influenced them? What matters is how they influenced us.

Babbarsher, I've read somewhere that the Dasam Granth is not valid because it has been corrupted by Hindus. Is this true?

Guru Nanak said give your head and so did guru gobind singh ji, so how are they different?

they have both taught humans have to live a pure life

its like saying one eye is different to the other..but they are the same , its the same light in both of the guru's

its like saying one is giving a different message from another, that would be contradicting, that deosn't making any sense of what you saying

both guru's were the same

but anyway chall, everyone has their own views

No Amrik $ingh I though u were referring to Dasam Granth and Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Sorry bro..if I miscommunicated, and I totally agree with you on both Gurus giving the same message - can be extended to genuine baani of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Baani of Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Guru Granth Sahib.

Dont mind man..:-) i am sorry for the miscommunication

Jamuka: Yes, partly it is true that they have been corrupted by the Brahmins..(as u would expect of em) BUT there are some like Chritro ..which dont qualify to be Guru Gobind Singh Ji 's writing - if u can read Gurumukhi (and I think u can).....lemmi know ur email and I can send u an analysis of the Dasam Granth's spurious compositions. - like Charitro and Bachitar Natak.