What Do You Do When Lacking...

recently ive been going to the gurdwara really early in the morning to listen to asa di var

i dont understadn gurbani but the sound resonates inside me like a sweet beautiful melody and when i shut my eyes i can focus on anything i want in life

this has given me real motivation and inspired me to reach for my aspirations like a lion on the prowl

it really is sublime dude

recently ive been going to the gurdwara really early in the morning to listen to asa di var

i dont understadn gurbani but the sound resonates inside me like a sweet beautiful melody and when i shut my eyes i can focus on anything i want in life

this has given me real motivation and inspired me to reach for my aspirations like a lion on the prowl

it really is sublime dude

agreed - sittin in the sangat at the gurdwara brings just detacthes u from all ur problems and worries - lately ive been stressed out with uni work - sittin at the gurdwara and listening for a while makes me more at ease 8) 8)

nice one warrior.. :wink:

yea the asa di war dha vela is a really peaceful n wonderful time..

generally when i feel like this.. i have lots of things in do.. keep mah activities varied hence i save mahself fromt he boredome that sometimes causes this feeling..

i think in a sense the feelings is there to keep you on your toes and never to let the thirst for knowledge die in your soul.. the restlessness, that sometimes can be felt, just drives you on to keep searching and adding to your knowledge..

things i do..

- go for a walk

- read, varied material, history books, fiction, magazines n newspapers

- research, anything from articles to history

there is so much knowledge out there and its frightening at times the thought that we know so little..

but its all good..

:)

tru say steel bangle.. goin to the gurdwara is great, try and go most weekends, normally saturdays..

jus keep ya mind occupied..

Nice to see u warrior and Loony :P;)

Im gonna be the coconut i am and say - i just blast wotever music suits my mood at the time - thast what gets me through it :$

I find it really hard sitting and concentrating hearing a shabad.

Im not a person who likes taking things off of my mind. the way i see is that worrying is like crying, it gives you something to do but doesnt get you anywhere.

Just see the problem or whatever it is. Remember guru is all around us. Guru looks after us. No need to be sad.

O my mind, why are you sad when your true lord is complete.

• 2 weeks later...

yea warrior.. Musik.. especially sangeet can be an excellent tonic for a tired mind..

classical sangeet is the best..

i understand ur point to mugermach singh.. but again as humans i think we all have times where we are not totally 100% hence to prepare for these times we shud have a strategy in place to keep our mind focused and occupied..

in mah opinion that is..

when u accept a problem then u can develop means as to deal with it.. huna..

• 2 weeks later...

Do Ragra...nah just jokin :wink:

Seriously appreciate the things god's given you, your life worth jack without love of god, look aroun dyou go 4 a walk, get away from your "normal" routine, go to the gurdwara i went yesterday its was wicked..sukhmani sahiob rahiras.kirtan i been boosted since, i;m aitng for the down pour this evening then i'll keep the faith and remember the saheeds and then all of a sudden my life seem ok .strange :shock: