How many of you have memorized gurbani??

How many of you have memorized gurbani in kant??

Lets name them which you know to recite in kant(moo jabani) and also in your personal expereince what thoughts come in your mind while you reciting it??? I m sure different thoughts come when you reciting different gurbani in your nitneem. Thoughts can be interchangable...

I myself know mool mantar until nanak hosi bhi sach... thats about it... yes i know really sad...but i m learning every day :D .

wjkk,wjkf

well, i know my Nitnaym and Rehraas kant, also many shabads since i do Kirtan, now i'm working on memorizing Asaa Di Vaar.

personal expirence:Well i'll say this much that it is very easy to get distracted while reciting Gurbani, but by focusing and understanding what i'm reciting gives me such energy when i'm done, and it lasts all day, well thats me. soo much more but can't explain in words.

oh i just want to say, if you are distracted don't force yourself to recite Gurbani, Gurbani should be recited in nimrata and sharda so wait until mind is clear and then restart.

wjkk,wjkf

singhnee ji,

Very good to know that you have memorized nitneem and Rehraas kant. :bow: :bow:

Please give us (kalyugi jeevs) ways or procedure of remebering gurbani in kant. What should one do in order to do it??? :D

wjkk,wjkf

the way i got Gurbani kant was by hearing my parents every morning, from the age of 5 to 10, they would wake me up amrit vela to sit with them and listen. then i started reading from a gutka for correct pronounciations.

I teach Gurbani to sikh youth were i live and the most effective way of learning to memorize is by taking it step by step, for example: Jap Ji Sahib most of you all know mool mantre and maybe a liitle more. next step i would say is take 5 poree's at a time or 2 pages at a time, once you have that much memorized then move on to the 5 poree's or 2 pages. This is how i tought 8 yer olds to recite Jap Ji Sahib kant. and now their working on Jaap Sahib. (remember step by step)

also listening helps, put Cd's of Gurbani on that your working on to memorize and just keep on litsening until you are able to recite with what your listening to.

And even if you know your Bhaanee's kant do use a gutka just for the sake of not making pronounciation mistakes.

i hope my procedures help someone.

wjkk,wjkf