abstract math problem....

lil_princess

• 2 months later...

hahaha... i just read this thread now... the solution is actually very simple.

if the husband tells the truth, then he will tell his wife that he is a truth teller.

if the husband tells lies, then he will lie about that fact and tell his wife that he is a truth teller.

so either way (whether the husband tells the truth or lies) he will have told his wife that he is a truth teller.

hence the wife is lying.

clocked it!! 8)

don't just rely on your logic guv, push yourself, go beyond what your mind is telling you...all you have done is find the answer to the question, but have you found the question that will lead you to answer...hmmmmmmmm

truth and lies are two ends of the same stick....hmmmmmmm

can the truth be told? hmmmmmmm

who is telling who? hmmmmmm

once you have pondered upon these gems and jewels of wisdom, you will truely clock it my friend

don't just rely on your logic guv, push yourself, go beyond what your mind is telling you...all you have done is find the answer to the question, but have you found the question that will lead you to answer...hmmmmmmmm

thanks for bursting the bubble... i was soo chuffed that i'd solved it! :cry:

truth and lies are two ends of the same stick....hmmmmmmm

what if they are the same end of different sticks???.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

can the truth be told? hmmmmmmm

yes

who is telling who? hmmmmmm

i am telling u

once you have pondered upon these gems and jewels of wisdom, you will truely clock it my friend

whilst pondering i have realised that there is an alternate solution to the problem. i had assumed that the couple were wife & husband. what if the husband was not on the island & his wife was there with another man. in which case if the husband was not on the island, he would not have to be either a sole truth teller or liar. hence he could have told his wife that he was a liar & she would be telling the truth.

ps u spelt truly wrong... therefore i am right & u are wrong. i rest my case! :D

i had assumed that the couple were wife & husband. what if the husband was not on the island & his wife was there with another man. in which case if the husband was not on the island, he would not have to be either a sole truth teller or liar. hence he could have told his wife that he was a liar & she would be telling the truth.

either not enough put in, or too much.....