Movie of the Guru's???

Sat sri Akaal peeps..whats happening?!

Have any of you heard about this new controversial film of the 'true' accounts of Jesus' sacrifice? Its not out in UK as yet. Has any one seen it yet. Its influenced/ inspired so many people that they are becoming Christians.

Does any one know f the Gurus were against plays or movies made of them (im sure my mum told me that the 10th Guru was against it). But look at things from this perspective- it would really revive Sikh youths wouldnt it? (if it were to be directed by an unbiased person, hence...not some tacky Bollywood producer who rip off sikhs giving fake accounts). People would want to know more????

Then again, theres something that in my heart..doesnt feel right about making movies about such great people.

What do u lot think?

Why not? But it has to be some cool actor like maybe Sunny Dheol.

U sayign SUNNY DHEOL can plkay the Role of My GURUS :roll:

Im totally against this, as if we see the image of Jesus, hes iamge is made fun of everywhere, even iin SOUTHPARK!

now Imagen what'd happen if there was a movie about the Guru :)

and WHO can play the Guru :)?

Sunny Deol...

Cmon now... dont let me puke.. .yuck... :twisted:

Well its a bad idea overall. Guroo maharaj's are divine spirtual souls. It wouldnt be appropiate to act like guroo's.

U sayign SUNNY DHEOL can plkay the Role of My GURUS

Why not? Of course he can never be as good looking as the true Guru but hey, hey ain't that bad.

Im totally against this, as if we see the image of Jesus, hes iamge is made fun of everywhere, even iin SOUTHPARK!

You're againts it because you were brainwashed to treat the sikh Gurus like God when they themselves have stressed countless times they are mere Gurus.

Well its a bad idea overall. Guroo maharaj's are divine spirtual souls. It wouldnt be appropiate to act like guroo's.

The suggestion is about a movie. I see no wrong in that.

In fact imgine a movie was made about Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Can you imagine it? Wow.....

Why not? Of course he can never be as good looking as the true Guru but hey, hey ain't that bad.

You're againts it because you were brainwashed to treat the sikh Gurus like God when they themselves have stressed countless times they are mere Gurus.

mere? ha seems liek you regard them as one of u

Lets see what Guru Maharaj says :

Bani GURU GURU HAI BANI, Vich bani Amrit Sare

WAHOO WAHOO BANI NIRANKAR HAI :)

quotes above from Maharaj, amke a search on sikhitothemax.com for exact pg nr, but take my word - they are there :) :roll:

The suggestion is about a movie. I see no wrong in that.

In fact imgine a movie was made about Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Can you imagine it? Wow.....

No I can't..as NO1 can play him

Sunny Deol :roll:

U make me PUKE :LOL:

Bani GURU GURU HAI BANI, Vich bani Amrit Sare

WAHOO WAHOO BANI NIRANKAR HAI

quotes above from Maharaj, amke a search on sikhitothemax.com for exact pg nr, but take my word - they are there

What was the point to this quote? It just merely states Guru is Bani and Bani is Guru. Where does it state Guru is God?

No I can't..as NO1 can play him

Sunny Deol

U make me PUKE

Thats because many Sikhs have a larger then life potrayal of the Gurus and a movies will show the Gurus as they really were; the Great Men that they were.

I for one will fight tooth and nail against any human representation of the Gurus in the movies. I hope the Sikh panth will forever stand against such a thing as well.

Muslims too are against the making of a movie depicting Muhammad and probably for the same reasons Sikhs like you who are dead set against any movie portraying the Gurus.

I don't believe the Gurus were god, and a lot of other sikhs do not either. You are missing the point, it is disrespectful to portray the guru's in a movie to have someone pretend to be them (not because they were gods, but because we highly respect them, there's a difference). Also it is the guruship that is important, this is why there was only one guru at a time, the guruship would be passed down. Right now it is the Guru Granth Shahib. So why would you wanna make a movie about the guruship when it is present in the SGGS....doesn't make much sense to me.

This topic is a really touchy feely type... this is my two cents on it, forgive my ignorance

I'm not sure about making a movie about our Guru Ji's and having someone cast as them, but i know for sure that i'd like a documentry made on them that would give someone as ignorant as myself the opportunity to learn about their life and what they did and where they went. I mean i know about some stories here and there, but something that was more chronological and puts everything into perspective would be nice....That way we can educate our youngsters as well (esp if it were in english)... I do feel that media if used properly can do wonders in the world, but it takes a genius of a person to understand the medium and use it to it's max....

That's just my view....

Bul Chuk di maaf....

~Cj~ :mrgreen:

This is request for Jamuka and Inferal Monk to have read at this topic before even jumping to conculstion that guroo's were mere prophets. Quite franky, its quite offended to see when people think they are at the higher level to judge guroo maharaj spirtuality. And its indeed shame, that being born at the sikh household and being attracted to sikhi...people still think Guroo nanak sahib nirankar in 10 human forms and 11th shabad guroo form are just mere human.

This topic is locked now.

We want to make sure that our members read this thread tittle "Guroo and Vaheguroo(God)" :

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=2680.

Next time think and study scriptures before commenting on guroo maharaj's :roll: