Love you Sikh Gals - ur the best

BabbarSher

""lol you just contradicted your own self...

u brought punjabi culture into it by revealing ur a jatt..(whether it matters little or more ) cuz matter is matter...""

I dint understand how I brought Punjabi culture into this by making that last statement. Perhaps if ur highness can elaborate, it would be good ;-) :-)

Anyway Bhain Ji tusin taan sayane we bade ho to hoshiyaar we bade.. te maaf karna ji.....munh fat te ladake we bade.. :-)

Changa Bhain Ji....mainu Maaf Kardo ....mere ton Galti Ho gayi. bahut waddi.....jo tuhade Hundiyaan message post kita.

Tusin Daang Fad lao te ..wahni shuru kar diyo...duniya di aisi di taisi ;-) Ki Majal je koi sardarnian di tareef kar je...

Just for your info....i am not into caste and stuff.... :-)

caste does NOT matter to me or do i have to give it on a stamped paper to you people..(Rupy and you)....[ and i dont think it matters to any of the other memebers....You should be proud to be a sikh of the Guru ji .......:-) ..not some punjabi or some chooda, or some jatt or some khatri .... OK

No One but 'KHALSA' RULES !!!!!!!

Recognize the Lord`s Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||

jaanhu jot na poochhahu jaatee aagai jaat na hay. ||1|| rahaa-o.

and Page 1127

No one should be proud of his social class and status.

jaat kaa garab na karee-ahu ko-ee.

He alone is a Brahmin, who knows God. ||1||

barahm binday so baraahman ho-ee. ||1||

Do not be proud of your social class and status, you ignorant fool!

jaat kaa garab na kar moorakh gavaaraa.

The above updesh hold true for all castes !

Guest Singh47

Why are you guys talking about? Truth of the matter is, Sikhi to a large extent is down because of them. Open the newspaper and see how they demand a clean shaven jat sikh boy. I know tons of guys who have cut their kesh just so our “Sikh†bibis can like them. I don’t know what planet you guys are living in, but here on earth Sikh girls are responsible for the large extent of Sikh apostasy in our youth in the west. But not all Sikh bibis are like that. A small minority of bibis have kept their Sikhi intact. But they are just a small minority. They are the ones who deserve all the praise.

woah im just a tad hurt by some of your comments! Especially "Sikh girls are responsible for the large extent of Sikh apostasy in our youth in the west" ok give me proof with evidence.. ok im not like that! but still what kind of masala did u cook ur subjee with? THE SINGLE MOST INFLUENCIAL PERSON ON SOMEONES LIVES IS THEMSELVES, then PEERS OR PARENTS, but blaming a whole sex of females in the sikh religion for the APOSTASY of SIKHISM.. well that sounds just a bit shocking...

when you open the newspaper may i add thats what the parents write, and yes maybe the girl behind it wants it too but they are not the problem of bringin sikhi down.. they are just there to annouy the hell out of you... sikhi going down is a different story! ok well u say a small amount of bibis have kept sikhi intact... well we can say the same about guys too! i mean WOW they have a turban but look omg he trims his beard gets drunk! don't be blaming all us kuris for the whole world, after all guys live in it too! i don't think a small minority of sikh girls or guys are true to sikhism (there are a lot!)... its that just we as humans tend to notice the negative things when we see it (aka the 'bad' sikh)! and may i add that there is never a true sikh, infact if you ask me, the whole part of sikhi is becoming a sikh, its a process that counts, thats truly what it is.....

and don't blame us girls for the extent of sikhi goin 'down' i disagree with you! if you ask me everyone is to blame, yes GUYS TOO! so don't be pointing no fingers on us, before you look at you guyz too! i hate it when u judge others before you can judge your side! i can think of many things females and males have done to make sikhi look bad and good! im not goin to lecture but damn that hurt!

one

ps. im just voicing my opinion....

I partly agree with Singh47. But it's also the guys who are also to blame as well.

What I've seen in Leicester is what I call "Jatt culture," meaning as long as you wear a ridiculously chunky kara and a gold khanda necklace, speak Punjabi fluently (no need to read), emphasise on jatt pride and listen to bhangra music you are a Sikh and no-one can question it no matter what you do (even eating halal meat doesn't seem the slightest bit wrong). The few real Sikhs (including myself) are seen as extremists "gianis," "khalsa crazy" etc so with this kind of attitude who's gonna be religious.

Also I reckon guys only shave just to pull girls, I keep getting the same crap from my mates when the subject of girls pops up "How you gonna get a gal wit dat bush on yo face", "Monks arn't supposed to be on the pull" or "What kind o gal wud wanna friction burn." I havn't actually asked any girls (not something you say in everday conversation is it!) what they think but from things I've seen, it does seem to be true that clean shaven faces are the best and this adds a lot of peer pressure to look "good".

Doesn't everybody hate that sheep mentality? :evil:

so i guess u just like to blame the girls.... eh?!

well FINE then, i agree, yes some girls like that in some guyz (shaven punjabi), but please why do u want to go change someone! why do u want to go after a hoochie mama!? why go after a girl that u know doesn't want to look at u because of what u are, thats shallow yes, but don't blame us girls, blame that person... and why do u want to change being a sikh because of it? if a girl likes u, and u like a girl.. be urself man! don't give me this bull tutti! im sick of hearing this from guyz, lets blame all the girls, ive seen people guyz cut their hair b/c they felt insecure, if u ask me they are going to more insecurity b/c they lost faith in their religon, but then again im no preacher! but damn im am so sick of how some guyz use hormones as a tool to blame girls, its like girls are only good for girl friends or cooking?! i mean i can say the same about guyz, i pluck my eye brows, shave my legs, have piercings.... but i am not blaming it on guys, im blaming it on myself, and thats another issue!

but pLEASE don't diss all of us!! cuz i ain't blaming u for being so ignorant!

Lalleshvari

Lalleshvari (14th century) is also known as Lalla. Her verses are the earliest compositions in the Kashmiri language that have come down to us.

She was born in Pandrenthan (ancient Puranadhisthana) some four and a half miles to the south-east of Srinagar. She was married at an early age, but her marriage was unhappy and she left home at twenty-six to become a disciple of the Shaivite guru Siddha Srikantha.

Lalleshvari has been very influential in shaping Kashmiri culture and attitudes to life and religion. She came along after the Islamic conquest of Kashmir that disrupted its high tradition in philosophy and the arts and her sayings constituted a memory of the Kashmiri classical age in the popular consciousness. Her poems (called vakhs) have been translated into English by Richard Temple, Jia Lal Kilam, and Jaishree Odin.

Please, follow link to read more about lalleshwari... http://www.fact-index.com/l/la/lalleshvari.html

Giani G you are cool man....:-) dont take this clean shaven stuff to your heart.

I have been asked by no less than 5 girls ('sikh') to get my hair cut ....as it would make me look smarter..and more kissable ....lol (even though I was selected to be one of the first turbaned model last year)

But I dont pay any attention to such gals. They are a complete turn off.

Just to add in the same length, there are have been gals sikh and non-sikh who have equally admired my turbaned personality and felt that I would look incomplete without the turban.

Interestingly 4 of the 5 were married to clean shaven guys ...and from my interaction, I know they are NOT happy (guess it was cause they had a very shallow and only criteria for selecting a guy). One of them was even lamenting on how girls need to look for other aspects.

Anyway there are r a lot of gals .. who dont go in for such stupid criteria.

And this post is meant for gals who are into sikhi, NOT some shallow, clean shaven liking girl...with no substance.

We always seem to bundle these nice sikh gals with the other pseudo ones.......who seem only to like 'Dino Moeros' etc. So I made this post to give OUR gals some hallasheri.

Also I think Turbaned, bearded, Amritdhaari guys need to carry themselves with more grace, more substance. They should remember that they are easily recognisable and hence their actions will have directly, bearing on the way people look at em.

I hope this clarifies to Singh_47

The more desperate one becomes or something, the more that thing eludes the person. ;-)

What I've seen in Leicester is what I call "Jatt culture," meaning as long as you wear a ridiculously chunky kara and a gold khanda necklace, speak Punjabi fluently (no need to read), emphasise on jatt pride and listen to bhangra music you are a Sikh and no-one can question it no matter what you do (even eating halal meat doesn't seem the slightest bit wrong). The few real Sikhs (including myself) are seen as extremists "gianis," "khalsa crazy" etc so with this kind of attitude who's gonna be religious.

Oh and having stupid debates as to should one sit on the floor as opposed to a chair in the temple langar halls makes one very 'Sikhi'? What about giving dubious 'Sant' titles to each other and placing more authority to what some Baba said as opposed to what the Guru commanded? Nowhere is it stated in the SGGS that to be a Sikh one must done a turban and a beard. It is modern day fanatics making up their own rules just so they may put themselves in a position of authority.

This is to BabbarSher

Thanks for the support but I'm happy with keeping my hair. I'm just annoyed at this pretentious and arrogant attitude that being clean shaven is better than keeping one's hair intact and that you're automatically ruled out for any girl (apart from mail order ones).

This is to lil princess

"well FINE then, i agree, yes some girls like that in some guyz (shaven punjabi)" - lil princess

Well actually, where I'm from its actually lots of girls who are into the shaven type not just some.

"but please why do u want to go change someone! why do u want to go after a hoochie mama!? why go after a girl that u know doesn't want to look at u because of what u are" - lil princess

I havn't shaved and I don't intend to for anyone no matter what some people reckon I'm missing (I prefer the conservative type anyway).

"if u ask me they are going to more insecurity b/c they lost faith in their religon" - lil princess

Most guys I know who cut their hair wern't really religious in the first place and didn't feel that they've lost much, in fact there's this firm belief that becoming an amrithari isn't necessary at all and that only people who intend to become granthis require it. Which is why I think most guys find the decision to cut their hair so easy because they think there isn't any stigma attached.

"i mean i can say the same about guyz, i pluck my eye brows, shave my legs, have piercings.... but i am not blaming it on guys, im blaming it on myself, and thats another issue!" - lil princess

Well thanks for sharing that but I havn't conceded my hair and facial hair. I was critisicising attitudes of most Sikhs so rant at them not me. BTW being in Leicester, there are much more religious guys than there are religious girls, I don't think its the girls fault though, I don't think parents place enough emphasise about religious with girls (I havn't bothered to elaborate here but if I'm wrong correct me anyway).

This is to Jamuka

This wasn't a stupid debate. It wasn't really a debate at all. I don't follow any Sants or Babas so I don't know where you get that from. I never did say you had to have a turban or a beard to be Sikh (but it wouldn't hurt if everyone could have some commitment towards their spirituality). I just criticised commoun practises of many so called Sikhs (who also include those with patkay but booze) in my locality (hence I typed Leicester) and if you can justify them I'll be glad to apologise.