Why is Jesus thought to be born out of a Virgin Mother?

Pheena

kharag singh,

one has to look at what the word 'virgin' means. If you read the bloodline of the holy grail, the give the theory that virgin actually translated to 'young'...which would then question the whole concept of immaculate conception...but at the same time, many people find more comfort in a faith which pitches this reality against another realm....stuff to ponder

Guest Javanmard

May God's permanent curse be upon namjap you filthy heretical bastard!!! Insulting the Holy Virgin!!! How dare you? What is it with you people does insulting God's prophets make you feel nyara and special?

You so-called scholarly article comes from a website in which ALL of its authors including François Gautier are Hindutva thinkers. You Namjap and the people of your kind are filled with filth, all you can do is blaspheme. May you and your kid rot in hell you bastard!!!

May God's permanent curse be upon namjap you filthy heretical bastard!!! Insulting the Holy Virgin!!! How dare you? What is it with you people does insulting God's prophets make you feel nyara and special?

You so-called scholarly article comes from a website in which ALL of its authors including François Gautier are Hindutva thinkers. You Namjap and the people of your kind are filled with filth, all you can do is blaspheme. May you and your kid rot in hell you bastard!!!

before getting personal you should read brother drawrofs excellent post. some times if not most you put forward an arrogance that your view is gospel truth and any other is heretical

Guest Javanmard

I suppose all of you have studied Greek as I have in order to read the Gospels (the advantage of a good Catholic education I suppose). The word used 14 times in the gospels is "parthenos". A parthenos in Greek means a young woman of marriageable age and a virgin. Anyone familiar with Middle Eastern culture knows that a girl is expected to remain a virgin before she enters marriage. The whole purpose of the Blessed Virgin's virginity is precisely to be a proof of the miracle that was Prophet Jesus (as). The agraphon and the Qur'an also mention that she was brought up in the temple of Jerusalem. To receive Jesus the Spirit of God (Ruh Allah) she had to be the pure temple herself in which the presence (shakina) was to manifest itself.As the Qur'an says:

"Behold! the angels said: 'O Mary! God hath chosen thee and purified thee - chosen thee above the women of all nations.'" 3:42

All you are good at is insult God's prophets hence why you are cursed!

Mith bolrhaa jee har sajan su-aamee moraa.

My Dear Lord and Master, my Friend, speaks so sweetly.

ha-o sammal thakee jee oh kaday na bolai ka-uraa.

I have grown weary of testing Him, but still, He never speaks harshly to me.

ka-urhaa bol na jaanai pooran bhagvaanai a-ugan ko na chitaaray.

He does not know any bitter words; the Perfect Lord God does not even consider my faults and demerits.

patit paavan har birad sadaa-ay ik til nahee bhannai ghaalay.

It is the Lord's natural way to purify sinners; He does not overlook even an iota of service.

ghat ghat vaasee sarab nivaasee nayrai hee tay nayraa.

He dwells in each and every heart, pervading everywhere; He is the nearest of the near.

naanak daas sadaa sarnaagat har amrit sajan mayraa. ||1||

Slave Nanak seeks His Sanctuary forever; the Lord is my Ambrosial Friend. ||1||

ha-o bisam bha-ee jee har darsan daykh apaaraa.

I am wonder-struck, gazing upon the incomparable Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan.

mayraa sundar su-aamee jee ha-o charan kamal pag chhaaraa.

My Dear Lord and Master is so beautiful; I am the dust of His Lotus Feet.

parabh paykhat jeevaa thadhee theevaa tis jayvad avar na ko-ee.

Gazing upon God, I live, and I am at peace; no one else is as great as He is.

aad ant maDh parabh ravi-aa jal thal mahee-al so-ee.

Present at the beginning, end and middle of time, He pervades the sea, the land and the sky.

charan kamal jap saagar tari-aa bhavjal utray paaraa.

Meditating on His Lotus Feet, I have crossed over the sea, the terrifying world-ocean.

naanak saran pooran parmaysur tayraa ant na paaraavaaraa. ||2||

Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Perfect Transcendent Lord; You have no end or limitation, Lord. ||2||

You call yourself a scholar full of uncontrollable anger. Wonder why you didn't get called again for the radio/tv show. I suggest you take the test: " What kind of Muslim are you? " Look into the section of - Origins of Shia/Sunni Split.

So long as one's mind is on the Holy God and its servants, even if it is a love-hate relationship with God, one is still contemplating upon Him.

This is not the translation, but added notes from me. You want translation, ask any Sikh. God's curse only means giving one so much material wealth that one forgets God.

Guest Javanmard

Uncontrolable anger? You insult the Holy Virgin and I should smile?

Oh the usual tactic: the gurbani quote to prove how much of a bad boy I am. You insult the mother of God's Prophet, Jesus (as) and that I am sure makes you a saint right? You people have such twisted morals...

The radio show? Difficult to do radio shows when you don't live in the UK anymore...very smart namjap...very smart

Back to the subject you lot can squabble after,

this is my 2 pennies to this arguement.

i believe that the Virgin Mary was divine and was indeed pure in every way. i believe Jesus to be born in a miraculous way showing the divinity of birth and concluding his divine births of which there are three

- Prophet Adam was born from neither a male or female but was created by the lord.

- Eve the partner of Adam was created from Adam and had no female involement. Born from a male.

- Prophet Issa born from the pure mother Mary. He was born from only a womans involvement and no man was involved.

This is the divine trinity of beings created by the Lord.

A good book to read which is held in great esteem by the Catholic church and which i personally found a good read was the 'Protovangelian' which is written by James the Lesser. This canon for some unknown reason was left out of the Bible and was in existence at the time the Roman emporer constantine collated the first official bible.

The Protovangelian shows the divinity of Mary how she remined pure throughout her life, and a virgin. She is regarded as the feminine divine.

Also one learn that Mar's brother in law was the prophet Zachariah and Jesus's cousin was the prophet Yahya (john the Baptist)

if i have said anything wrong it was nto intended to be blasphamy

Guest Javanmard

May Allah (swt) bless you Kam1825, excellent post indeed. Maryam (as) is indeed more than the official Church let's people think. Such is her status that Lady Fatimah (as) was called Maryam al Kubra after her. She is indeed the Feminine Divine. Whosoever questions her purity is a demon.

Allah swt send hoories from heaven for Kane and Able to marry according to some sources.

it should be noted that Adam and Eve were only the first humans in this Age, and that there has been thousands of creations and humanities prior to this.

Isa was a good man, but its a shame that the christians do not follow what he wanted them to actually follow.

I mean everyone knows that Isa's real rules have been hidden away by the vatican and other high chritian authorities as the real guidelines for the christian people that Isa told them to follow they find it to hard and strict, thats why the bible has been edited and changed so many times with the their real version not been brought out. But there are many real christans who follow the ways that Isa had originally told his people to follow, i'm not talking about the sunday christians, i am talking about the monks who are keshdari, and follow their religion the way they are supposed to, the khalsa respects people who follow their religion the way they are supposed to.

I remember not too long ago reading about Isa and Musa in a version of sau sakhi and how they are connected, how they were blessed with the land of Isreal, the sakhi was very long and hard too understand as it was quite detailed about the two of them, i'll try and re-read the sakhi from the sau sakhi and give the low down.

Guest Javanmard

Isa was a good man

Well I am sure that Nabi 'Isa (as), the Spirit of God (Ruhollah) is honoured by your statement...

Keshadhari Christian monks? Can you give us a reference? I am just curious...

'Well I am sure that Nabi 'Isa (as), the Spirit of God (Ruhollah) is honoured by your statement... '

What are you going on about i'll say it again Isa was a good man! These prophets are respected by the Khalsa but thats all that they are, they are nothing compared to our Gurus because it is the Gurus who are One with Vaheguruu, it is our Gurus who are avataars of Vaheguruu, as it is maharaj that has the keys to Sachkand.

It was a while back when i saw footage of them, basically from the footage they were told to be monks, but this just could be the video man getting it wrong because it could have also have been the greek/russian priests you speak of, i remember though that they were a small sect, i think based in isreal jeruselum but dont quote me as it was ages ago i saw this footage, but i will still try and find a reference about them.

Namjap re your questiona about the prophet Adam can i suggest the following canon's again left out of the bible, however some of them are difficult to get hold of

1) The life of Adam and Eve (this is very detailed and really interesting)

2) The apocalypse of Moses

3) the Slavonic book of Eve

Regarding your question about the wife of Cain may i suggest another canon which was again left out of the jewish and christian testaments

1) The book of Jubilees (written 150 years before christ) reaaly interesting about Moses and the meetings with the angels. The answer which you seek is at the end of the forth Jubilees!

If people are looking for a really interesting canon left out of the bible can i suggest the Book of Enoch. This canon tries to cover the giants of the land and other unanswered questions of the Bible. Also explains why women are to cover their heads with a cloth? Very interesting

Guest Javanmard

Well as usual dhan96hardcore you have it all wrong. So surprising isn't it...

Jesus wasn't one with God? yeah right joker!

Guest Javanmard

Well Satguru Jesus (as) in his own words. I love that passage. It's still so fresh and true today. Replace Pharisees with professional Gursikhs and the Jewish temple with the Sikh community. I love how Jesus (as) just cusses them, far from the Disneylad image people on this forum have of Satgurus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLgcEcmtgxI

Robert Powell did an excellent job as Jesus.