Why is Jesus thought to be born out of a Virgin Mother?

Pheena

Guest Javanmard

So you are denying the fact that Guru Gobind Singh had an Arabic and Farsi teacher, namely Sayyid Inayat Khan?

As to visit budhe babe... done that and what I have learnt is that you only want to hear what doesn't threaten your conception of what your community is.

I think we Sikhs have not done enough research on Sikh Gurus. For example, the shabad, Jiu Kar Suraj Nikilia, Tarey Chappey Andher Peroya. which means "when the sun rises, the stars and darkness of the night disperses. Satguru Nanak's presence in this world is an objective reality, regardless of whether our knowledge is complete or not.

I was reading todays hukumnama from Darbaar Sahib, and felt inclined to post an extract here, it seems many of us could learn a thing or two from this, obviously this is not be taken literally (there is a balance), but many of do cross the line where the objective of inward faith and experience is replaced by the outward study of faith, kindly read it:

ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਭੂਲਹਿ ਚੋਟਾ ਖਾਹਿ ॥

पड़ि पड़ि भूलहि चोटा खाहि ॥

Paṛ paṛ bẖūleh cẖotā kẖāhi.

Reading and studying, one becomes confused, and suffers punishment.

ਬਹੁਤੁ ਸਿਆਣਪ ਆਵਹਿ ਜਾਹਿ ॥

बहुतु सिआणप आवहि जाहि ॥

Bahuṯ si­āṇap āvahi jāhi.

By great cleverness, one is consigned to coming and going in reincarnation.

ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪੈ ਭਉ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਖਾਇ ॥

नामु जपै भउ भोजनु खाइ ॥

Nām japai bẖa­o bẖojan kẖā­ė.

One who chants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and eats the food of the Fear of God

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸੇਵਕ ਰਹੇ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੫॥

गुरमुखि सेवक रहे समाइ ॥५॥

Gurmukẖ sėvak rahė samā­ė. ||5||

becomes Gurmukh, the Lord's servant, and remains absorbed in the Lord. ||5||

btw the i like had the weirdest dream maybe its listening to too much Qari Saeed Chishti or Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan or even Javanmards constant argument about Shia'ism but i was like in this room where there were men and women (muslim) all singing "Dama Dam Mast Qalandar" and the women were chanting "Hoo Hoo Haq Haq Ali Ali" and then for some reason i started singing out loud and chanting Ali sade dil de andar.

Was that weird or what!

Guest Javanmard

Just your soul linking to the Face of God....

There is no difference in saying Ya Ali or VahiGuru

As for the hukamnamah I guess you should all quit school then...

Try reading the whole post, I clearly said "not to be taken literally", don't twist the point, or as Maharaj says, consign yourself to reincarnation by being clever.

Guru Ji is not talking about study per se, they are talking about those who are obsessed by it to the extent they think they can find (or have found) all the anwers, and to the extent that they forget the whole reason why they took interest in the subject (dharam) in the first place, and have replaced the thirst for naam with the thirst for knowledge and recognition.

If you disagree, kindly educate us and give us your interpretation.

Try reading the whole post, I clearly said "not to be taken literally", don't twist the point, or as Maharaj says, consign yourself to reincarnation by being clever.

Guru Ji is not talking about study per se, they are talking about those who are obsessed by it to the extent they think they can find (or have found) all the anwers, and to the extent that they forget the whole reason why they took interest in the subject (dharam) in the first place, and have replaced the thirst for naam with the thirst for knowledge and recognition.

If you disagree, kindly educate us and give us your interpretation.

brother your interpretations are bang on!!!

May the peace and blessings of the lord be upon you!

Jai Jai Shri Mahakaal Jai Jai Shri Chandika!

Akaal!

Guest Javanmard

Oh now I get it. Just because my interpretation of things doesn't correspond to your collective vision of things that hukamnamah applies to me. Interesting how you people use hukamnamah for petty internet battles...

The hukumnama applies to us all, but on a realisation level, it only benefits those of us that have opened our hearts up to our Guru, and with his blessings, can see who and what we really are.

Instead of judging and critising everyone else all the time, we should focus on analysing and improving ourselves, but this requires nimrata and pyaar, something which only comes from his grace, not from textbooks.

Guest Javanmard

Basically what you're telling me is that I am an arrogant scholar. At least have the decency to say it straight instead of hiding behind hukamamas...

Guest Javanmard

At least you have the balls ti say it instead of using gurbani to say it. Hence I Javanmard bestow upon you o Kharag Singh the "Golden Balls Award". Behold how angels and devte throw flowers from the heavens to celebrate your courage! Hail Hail Hail Kharag Singh, courageous bearer of the golden balls!

I don't need to accuse you of anything, your responses speak for themself. In any case, it was for you and all of us to do vichaar on, not put our defences against.

For your information (for the umpteenth time), the reason I posted the hukumnama was for all our benefit, and to provide a divine view on the subject rather than "our" collective egocentric views. But even spoonfeeding is of no avail.

What I think of you personally is of no importance, the aim was for you, alongside the rest of us, to look at ourselves.

In my humble opinion, bravery isn't measured by seeing who can throw the most insults to people, communities and faiths on an Internet forum.

At least you have the balls ti say it instead of using gurbani to say it. Hence I Javanmard bestow upon you o Kharag Singh the "Golden Balls Award". Behold how angels and devte throw flowers from the heavens to celebrate your courage! Hail Hail Hail Kharag Singh, courageous bearer of the golden balls!

dont patronize me jah take a look in the mirror, may the lord rid you of scholarly ehankaar!

guys, if you wish to make personal comments back and forth, use the PM service, stick to the topic and relevant materials on the hand.

You should be glad this forum gives freindly warning for sheer stupidity comments like- golden balls award and other rubbish thrown at people, stay in the limits. If this was other forum you be long put in moderation by now.

Guest Javanmard

That's it you ungrateful people. I grant Kharag Singh the rare golden balls award and I get a warning. What will happen when I get really friendly...

In my humble opinion, bravery isn't measured by seeing who can throw the most insults to people, communities and faiths on an Internet forum.

If you have anything to add I suggest you be a man, a Singh, a Sikh, a Shia, a Sufi or knight of whatever Tariqa and openly make your points heard as Bahadur is man enough to do.

LOL, manifestation of the invisible man, well done Singho the Sikh, or is it Baqi the ex Sikh??

Although I am the first to admit I am "very" far from perfect, unfortunately your vain, dishonourable, half-witted and cowardly effort to use a private message to deface me is deficient.

I wholeheartedly believe that Javanmard speaks what he believes, and when productive, unbiased and positive, that is commendable, even if it is unorthodox.

But when he (or anyone else, as my post was clearly speaking about all of us), seek to insult people, communities or faiths on forums, I see that as cowardly.

Hope that clears things up for you.

And as a tip, it's not a good idea to betray someone trust, I am sure you would not be too pleased if I plastered what you have told me in confidence over this forum.

Like I said to you before, act like a man (and not your one track definition).

or is it Baqi the ex Sikh??

Nope.

And as a tip, it's not a good idea to betray someone trust, I am sure you would not be too pleased if I plastered what you have told me in confidence over this forum.

I have not betrayed any confidence or divulged any information about you. I have a life.