Any into weight training/bodybuilding??

sikh_fauge

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, of course I know you're kidding..but perhaps I should share my routines one day..they're quite good for a 'kaur' ;) I learned from the best after all..

Surprised you put "Kaur" in inverted commas. Sort of suggests that you're not who you say you are.

As for your "routines", I find that routine dulls the mind. So perhaps you should keep them to yourself. In any event, I'm all about having a good time, so I would'nt have any use for your physical penances and tips on bodily ascetism. Still, surprisingly in good physical condition though.

I suppose I'm lucky insofar as my genes are good enough that I don't need physical training.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

As per my inverted commas, that's not what I meant at all..just trying to use emphasis, suppose it wasn't the correct symbol to use..

I found your tone a bit rude..I was merely replying to your sarcastic remark, I don't think there was any need for such comments.

Routines (to me) do not mean doing the same thing day and day out, it is learning what suits one best..practicing what works..enriching and keeping it up daily. I'm all about having a good time too.

Your Physical penances?? Bodily Ascetism??

I'm really lost as to what I said to bring out all this negativity out of you..'keep to yourself'. I don't think there is anything wrong with exercise and keeping fit, I read your post and found myself in tears.

Perhaps you don't need physical training, but just maybe you should learn how to speak to a sister...When you can't even have a simple discussion without getting such harsh and rude treatment, I really worry about those in-depth ones..

humbly,

Summeet KAUR...

As per my inverted commas, that's not what I meant at all..just trying to use emphasis, suppose it wasn't the correct symbol to use..

I found your tone a bit rude..I was merely replying to your sarcastic remark, I don't think there was any need for such comments.

Routines (to me) do not mean doing the same thing day and day out, it is learning what suits one best..practicing what works..enriching and keeping it up daily. I'm all about having a good time too.

Physical penances?? Bodily Ascetism??

Perhaps you don't need physical training, but just maybe you should learn how to speak to a sister...

Summeet, I overlooked the fact that you may not be in the UK (despite your choice of the Union Jack) so you might not be fully conversant with the nuances of British humour. Ask any Britisher: the content of my post was just some humour, and it would be taken as such by anyone who is UK-based.

There would'nt be any point in learning how to speak to a sister - convention and courtesy were the only reasons I used "Bhenji". Don't take this personally but I don't put anyone on a pedestal just for being a Sikh or a member of any other religious or ethnic or other denomination any more. I've seen Sikhs do all sorts of astonishing things (especially recently), and now I'm pretty much convinced that Sikhs are absolutely nondifferent in their lives, habits and customs from working-class and middle-class goray (i.e. drugs, smoking, sexual habits, plots and machinations, etc). They do those things with absolutely equal frequency to non-Sikhs. Hence, I would not deem any Sikh my brother or sister. Therefore, I have no sisters. I have truly shed the conditioning which was instilled in me by my upbringing: to regard Sikhs in a certain way. As such, to coin a phrase: I don't know you from Adam. That does'nt mean we can't be friends: I like making friends. But I can never be your sister, and I can't even be your friend if the foundations of such a friendship are religion.

We have to accept each other for who we are. If we can't be friends, we will have to be strangers. This in itself is a realisation, because people who are too intense in their fixation upon a particular idea (religious or otherwise) tend to enter the names of their ex-friends into their "enemies" list, as well as the names of all dissidents. Again, I don't know if you are like that.

On the subject of your training, I'm sure that it's consistent with the rest of your life: a part of a package in which everything has its proper place (to make you a "better" person) and in which passion and individuality are regarded as weaknesses to be subdued or disguised wherever possible. I don't judge you for being that way: I know that there may be a lot of pressures on you. However, I urge you to give yourself a chance. Give yourself permission to eat an ice cream and skip the gym session. Given that you are bound to deteriorate physically and mentally, and that eventually all trace of you will disappear, why not try working on something outside yourself instead of your body or mind? Such as a painting, some poetry (don't listen to criticism from Sikhs if its a Sikh-related poem), some music composition or whatever. I believe you will find it more fulfilling. This is because you will be sharing the output of your soul with others. It's less selfish than sticking headphones in your ears and pounding away on a treadmill with 50 other yuppies.

Also, I'd like to see you try to apply a "routine" to your creativity (i.e. one completely original work of art every 2 days). If you can achieve that I will be impressed (I don't think it's possible). Otherwise, your other routines (such as exercise) are pointless. Why are you trying to rollerblade up Mount Rushmore (to coin another phrase, as I don't know where Mt Rushmore is or even if it's real)? Someone with different genes will be able to smoke, drink and live on porterhouse steaks, and still outlive you by about 20 years.

A question: as a woman, do you train at the gym in the same spirit as when you book your appointment for other cosmetic routines (i.e. hairdresser, manicuring, pedicuring, bikini-line-waxing)? Truthfully, are you doing it to compete for or to hold a place in the cattle market?

SikhAwareness members,

Look carefully for the alleged "insult" Neo might be referring to. If it's not there, consider why he said that there was an insult. Ask him about it, too. There was no insult. Note also Neo's invitation for me to join his organisation - the Wahabis.

Neo = Jamuka ???

Guest Maha_Pavitar

..sigh..

I don't go to the gym, I haven't been to a gym in my life..As per the 'why not try working on something outside yourse instead of your body or mind'. Perhaps if you knew me..This exercise is a very small part of my life as compared to the poems I write and art I create, the music/keertan I sing and the books I read..Just look at a few of the things I have 'shared' with this online sangat..

I do apply 'routine' to my creativity, I practice daily: writing journals/thoughts, sketches, designing..

I've never selfishly put on headphones and pounded away with 50 yuppies, like I said before I've never stepped foot into a gym! You really have no shame or regard for others.. :cry:

A question: as a woman, do you train at the gym in the same spirit as when you book your appointment for other cosmetic routines (i.e. hairdresser, manicuring, pedicuring, bikini-line-waxing)? Truthfully, are you doing it to compete for or to hold a place in the cattle market?

I don't have any cosmetic routines..and I don't consider my running or stretching one either..

I hope you are happy with what you have said to me, yes I have felt very hurt. No, I may not live in the UK (by the way that's a Canadian flag) but my ties with the UK, my fiancee, my family, sangat have been present for years. Enough to know the difference between humour and rudeness..

Summeet, you're not showing a Canadian flag now. Just to give you an idea of the games the site admin staff play, you're now showing an Ethiopian flag on my computer screen. Before, you were showing a Union Jack.

There was absolutely nothing insulting about my post. I told you the truth and that's all there is to it. For the second time you have stated that you have felt hurt. I do not accept that you know the difference between humour and rudeness. In any event, you certainly have made it absolutely clear that you don't take me for my word when I told you that my post was tongue-in-cheek, so I won't tell you a second time. Consequently, it's your choice to feel hurt. As I've already explained my reasoning in detail (which you seem to have selfishly ignored), it's not my duty to assist you with your hurt. It seems that you only take on board a very small portion of what I write, and then you construe it as an attack.

Your problem, not mine.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

The flags are not some game that the staff play, it tends to remain the same from the posters above you--just talking from a computer perspective.

But you seem to ignore that I do art, I write poems..it's fine for you to say I'm selfish and I pound away at the gym?? When I've never been to a gym..

I have not selfishly ignored anything, I think you have...You continue thinking that you are making people laugh, I have the right to my feelings..and I'm an educated woman, I can read and comprehend things.

I never said it is your duty to assist me, neither am I asking for assitance.

I don't need your approval, and I do know the difference between your UK humour and rudeness.

What was the need to call my stretching/running 'routines' cosmetic? What was the need to say are you doing it to compete for or to hold a place in the cattle market?

As this has got very off topic, I'll stop here..

Summeet,

You say you have never been to "a gym" but a gym is simply a place where you train. Many people have such spaces in their homes.

You have no sense of humour, and it seems that the right you hold most dear is the right to take offense. I have known many Sikhs with the same attitude, and it just is'nt normal. It's weird and I reject it entirely. Besides, you should be grateful that I even care that you claim to have taken offense. What does that tell you about me? If I wanted to, I would be perfectly free to say: take offense and so what?

You claim to be able to read and comprehend things but the evidence suggests otherwise. For example, I asked YOU if your routines were cosmetic or had something to do with holding a place in the cattle market.

You have failed to address any of the points I raised in my first post in this thread (about the connection between fascism and bodybuilding culture). Therefore you have also missed the point behind my questions and the issues I raised.

When you feel ready to accept my assistance, the door will be open. Trust me, you have taken offense over absolutely nothing.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Don't think that your intellect or age can let this all slip by me..You really are no one to judge my attitude..

About your gym definition, you give the example of my selfish nature with headphones pounding away with 50 yuppies..can I do that at home???

Please don't twist things..I will not take this humiliation from you..

OK, maybe it's time to cut loose and call it a day (amicably). Everything must come to an end, even friendships.

I regret it if your feelings were hurt, but I regret doubly that I have to keep a tight rein on expressing what I believe is the truth about any particular issue (whether bodybuilding or anything else), simply in order not to upset the apple cart.

In order to prevent this from happening, it looks like I will have to reassess my position so that I have only Sikh acquaintances rather than brothers, sisters and friends.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Truth is what we all seek..but I have found nothing but negativity in your remarks..Please take your 'truth' to someone else, obviously I am unable to comprehend as you say.

May Guroo jee bless you..

Well i eat like a horse..drink like a camel..and take steroids..and i train almost every day- whether its running or weights. Dont follow this routine singhs, this is just me! Moderate schmoderate! I beleive in 100% or nothing at all. And guru hargobinds singhs use to train in wrestling and weights, so it cant be that bad!

Hey dudes wassup u train singh??

I think anyones entitled to an opinion..but at the end of the day, its a fact that guru incorporated weights/wrestling in singhs training..and if one reads historical accounts of singhs in war, they were described as rock like,muscular, and hard!

I dnt take it! I jst like being disliked ;)

Totally agree singh, the discipline u get from bodybuilding can be applied to anything/everything in life.

Much like urself, im more into strength/less worried about the physical side of things i.e how i look.

So whats ur routine like?? and what weight are u pushing in the obvious lifts!?! (and how much do u weigh?)

PM if u prefer to!