Sikhnie

Sat sri akal to everyone!

I got this from a friend and thought you might want to see this.. It's about the massacre in 1984.

http://www.carnage84.com/

There are some horrible pictures. But it's reality. It's what happened to Sikhs in 1984.

Seventeen years ago, for three full days, armed mobs had a free run of India’s Capital hunting down Sikhs, one of the more prosperous minority communities of the country, killing their men by burning them alive, looting and destroying their properties, molesting their women and assaulting their children, all with the patronage of the then ruling Congress party and its leaders.

This story of how 4,000 Sikhs were massacred in Delhi alone form November 1 to 3, 1984, and the covert but very determined efforts made by the state machinery to shield the culprits and deny justice to the victims.

And also a story of the equally determined efforts made over the years against all odds by a group of citizens led by Senior Advocate H.S. Phoolka to fight for justice.

The fight is still on... (www.carnage84.com)

And the pathetic thing is that Sikhs of Punjab don't even consider Delhi Sikhs faithful to Sikhism. They are just "Bhaape" and when need to spread false propaganda of Khalistan then use them on websites.

I'm writing it from personal experiences, as I have seen how Sikhs of Punjab think of Sikhs of Delhi.

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

And the pathetic thing is that Sikhs of Punjab don't even consider Delhi Sikhs faithful to Sikhism. They are just "Bhaape" and when need to spread false propaganda of Khalistan then use them on websites.

I'm writing it from personal experiences, as I have seen how Sikhs of Punjab think of Sikhs of Delhi.

Hmmm, Bhaape is a Khatri right? Most Khatris came from Pakistan and were settled in places like Ambala and Delhi after Punjab's division.

I dont have any personal experiences myself but ive heard from elders that Delhiite Punjabis are sometimes looked down upon by East Punjabis because of (such a stupid reason) difference in dialect, probably also jealousy of the West Punjabi Sikhs and Hindus (We are a more successful people).

Would be interested if you could sometime elaborate more on the issue of them thinking Delhi Sikhs are less 'faithful'. Very pathetic and discriminatory with no footing in reality.

It should not be surprising then why Delhi has its own Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and why the Sikhs of Haryana (Many of them displaced West Punjabis) are threatening to take control of all the states Gurdwaras (Currently under the control of the SGPC).