what are we missing?

SAadmin

Sikhs been living in canada, uk and usa more than 100 yr but our soo called gurdwara leaders has completely failed to educated western media about our relegion.. forget about other peeps but we couldnt even educate our youths?????

I was sittin down i thought... It would be really good acheivement if we can atleast produce 100 singhs/singhani's each to Police Foundation, Miltary Recruitment, Marines, Yoga-Teachers, Bus-Drivers, Teachers/Prof in schools, Banks, Reporters, NASA, NSA, , Pilots, Ceo's, Mps, Congress, Missionary Movements every year???????????

is that too much too ask for???

Inorder for us to do that.. First we need filter all our 1st generation old greedy so called president of gurdwaras... bring 2nd generation sikhs to run the show...

If we are to compare us with jews we are not even a bit close to em in terms of acheivements...

If sikhi was given to white people.. They would have saturated the media with sikhs.....look at us... we are soo busy fighting among emselves.. either its has to do with dumb caste, or either it has to do with different rehat maryada, tables and chairs ... we always fight... is that why guru ji gave us sikhi by scarificing their whole family????????????????????????

pls share view ur ideas..oh there might be some of the sikhs here might not agree with missionary movements?? i disagree with em... we have to present sikh relegion to every human being out there.. concepts and beleifs....

Atleast attempt to put choices infront of em.. rest of that is up to em.. forget about missionary movement...we cant even educate our own sikh youths???

Considering the seriousness of the youths issue we are facing right now... I beg to everyone here if you got basic understanding of sikhi ..try atleast one hour a week to spread the words of sikhi through emails or in person to ur family, cousins, relatives & freinds... just atleast make an attempt to educate em..

you gotta remember this.. gurbani is like a arrow if your heart is hard it will hit you but it wouldnt effect.. however if your heart is soft it will hit you , effect you and purify you with AMRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vaheguroojikakhalsavaheguroojikifateh.......... AKAAAAL HE AKAAAAL :D

• 4 weeks later...

wjkk,wjkf

i think that a lot of problems would be solved if we had one thing; 'unity' in believe as oppose to people/organisations distorting sikhi. though we are in a unfair position as the indian government has been funding & still funds institutions for this particular purpose; to divide & distort sikhi. we have always suffered attempts of supression in our history this is nothing new.

education; its purpose is void if it is not truthful. this goes back to my first point of distorting sikhi. :oops:

power hungry committee members - don't get me started; i amongst many others have suffered many conflicts of interests; their interest to fill their pockets, gain publicity / support / power / divide & rule; & the sangats for wanted to congregate & have youth programs. they are meant to be there for the good of the sangat, for the nuturing of future generations...politics...you may begin with good intentions but these never remain, everyones playing the same game. :(

however the only thing that keeps me from getting depressed is that my hope & faith in Waheguru; all will be true, when the time is right.

I was sittin down i thought... It would be really good acheivement if we can atleast produce 100 singhs/singhani's each to Police Foundation, Miltary Recruitment, Marines, Yoga-Teachers, Bus-Drivers, Teachers/Prof in schools, Banks, Reporters, NASA, NSA, , Pilots, Ceo's, Mps, Congress, Missionary Movements every year???????????

reguarding this, its happening slowely. the way is being paved example the first sardar (turbaned) singh to get into the highest british court. these routes are hard, especially for a person in sikhi roop. guru de kirpa de naal, all will happen in due course.

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk,wjkf

Dear people,

You lack passion and determination to make things happen. Also the leaders of today are corrupt, they must be removed by fair means or foul, they are the single biggest cause of the deterioration that Sikhism is going through. The youth are abandoning Sikhism in larger numbers than before and no one seems to be doing anything to counter this trend. Firstly, you need to have pride in being a Sikh, then you must explain why it is the best ideology (Religion) in the history of mankind. Then you must relate it to the modern world and stop finding comfort in past glories, as those Sikhs of yesterday were a thousand times better than any Sikh alive today. Even the Khalsa of today is not a speck on the original Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh! You all need to focus on your race as well, Punjabis are not weak people, you have been around for 5,000 years and you are just being eaten alive by the "Indian" fraud which has been thrust upon you. You guys are not "Indians" and have nothing to do with the "Hindi entity" known as "India"... Punjab is your motherland and it is your duty to secure her freedom, not just for yourselves but for the future of Sikhism too. It is only a matter of time that with the ever increasing number of immigrants that Punjab's Sikh population will be a minority in their own homeland. This situation MUST be reversed, you need to get these "Indians" out of Punjab. Also, Sikhism needs missionaries to spread the message, they need to educate people more about Sikhism so that you don't get confused for being Muslims and terrorists, it's time that Sikhs made themselves known. That time is now, before it's too late... Thanks,

Kind Regards,

MI

Very impressive and relevent topic/writeup by neo!! I would agree with his concern though he is talking abt "outside Indian" scenario only. But I feel more or less is relevence in Indian context too!!

Inorder for us to do that.. First we need filter all our 1st generation old greedy so called president of gurdwaras... bring 2nd generation sikhs to run the show...

Somehow I am fully agree on this. Whatever impression of these "sikh leaders", i have, is very disapointing. no, we can't prove our "beauty" like this.. if i being a young can understand this.. why those so called "Gyani jis" don't understand this simple thing.

though we are in a unfair position as the indian government has been funding & still funds institutions for this particular purpose; to divide & distort sikhi. we have always suffered attempts of supression in our history this is nothing new.

Once again, i strongly disagree.. It is becoz of our own deeds more.. when do we realize that.... Who is more responsible of presenting todays "not-so-sober" image of a sikh .. not any govrenment. or org. it is we ourselves.... before blaming it to others.. we should look at ourselves..

you have been around for 5,000 years and you are just being eaten alive by the "Indian" fraud which has been thrust upon you. You guys are not "Indians" and have nothing to do with the "Hindi entity" known as "India"... Punjab is your motherland and it is your duty to secure her freedom, not just for yourselves but for the future of Sikhism too. It is only a matter of time that with the ever increasing number of immigrants that Punjab's Sikh population will be a minority in their own homeland. This situation MUST be reversed, you need to get these "Indians" out of Punjab. Also, Sikhism needs missionaries to spread the message, they need to educate people more about Sikhism so that you don't get confused for being Muslims and terrorists, it's time that Sikhs made themselves known. That time is now, before it's too late... Thanks,

Kind Regards,

MI

Mr MI, first tell me what is your mission.?? if it like what i m sensing.. it is surely Impossible.

You guys are not "Indians" and have nothing to do with the "Hindi entity" known as "India"...

We are very much Indian.. proud Indians.. i failed to understand.. what do u mean by hindi entity... . may be there are some problems.. but then. which "home" don't have problems... I have been living here since last 2o+ years... including unfortunate 84 time.. and i don't feel that it is not our home.. or we have do something of "That" sort to gain the recognization.. across the country.. a SARDAR with all other images has a PROUD Image of being brave and sincere to the land.. when it comes to common people they regards a Sikh like brother.. may it be hindu or muslim.. or any other... There are extremist in all religions and they are the root cause of the problems.... and we don't any "special action(s)" .. like veer neo said... we just need to re-think and re-organize ourselves... and be unite.. and it is good to see that youth is concerned about this ..

Once again, NEO .. very good topic.. need to be discussed and analyzed more ...

Vahe guru.... Vahe guru

Regards

Sardu!!

I am posting this specificallly addressing MI.

I read this post of urs yesterday and.. admin bhaji gave me a link where i read another post by you . Well bro, when i was reading this post yesterday, i observed the words "you" and "your" which suggested me that you are not a sikh and telling us (sikh youths) something and than rest of the post sounded like "Anti-India". i was thinking that you as an "Anti-India" non-sikh and i was mad.. than i read your post at sikhnet.com, admin bhaji gave me that link. After reading that post.. i realized that there were some "misconceptions" in my mind about you. I liked that post very much and i admire your thoughts and skill. I just wanted to say SORRY to you if i have been "harsh" in my last pst..sorry bhai.. !!

i agree that people need to be educated bout sikhi, but i don't like the term missionary, cause in sikhism you do not go around trying to convert people, it's about their choice. You may present them with the facts, but do not try to get anyone to convert as that is agains sikhism. I suggest you all try to use a different word because missionarys went around trying to convert everyone to christianity. We are sikhs not christians, we do not need to go around and try to convince people to follow us, just get information out there, just the facts, no subjectivity.

I am posting this specificallly addressing MI.

I read this post of urs yesterday and.. admin bhaji gave me a link where i read another post by you . Well bro, when i was reading this post yesterday, i observed the words "you" and "your" which suggested me that you are not a sikh and telling us (sikh youths) something and than rest of the post sounded like "Anti-India". i was thinking that you as an "Anti-India" non-sikh and i was mad.. than i read your post at sikhnet.com, admin bhaji gave me that link. After reading that post.. i realized that there were some "misconceptions" in my mind about you. I liked that post very much and i admire your thoughts and skill. I just wanted to say SORRY to you if i have been "harsh" in my last pst..sorry bhai.. !!

Bro, I was not offended, I am a very provocative person, I try and follow Guru Nanak and force people to think, because without THINKING there can be no POSITIVE action! :) If you think you are an "Indian" I would like you to read up on some history regarding "India" and how the concept is a false British invention! :)

Kind Regards,

MI