"GD image library" & "ImagemagicK" L

Ideal Singh

What place I have to install these libraries on a server... :?:

I have downloaded both of the libraries... but could not gather as to how do I install them on my computer/server so that I can use it with PHP to view images/thumbnails in photo albums.

Perhaps, Amardeep could put some light on it as these libraries are being used on SikhiOnline.com.

Regards

I think unless you have root acess , you cant install stuff on ur webhost's server, especialy something that will effect other users as well.

GD image library i think is part of some PHP installations, you might want to check with ur web hosting provider if they have them installed or not.

The Link Admin ji has given is a good one and will help you out.

Off the topic : :D I have learnt to make one page website, without frames. Tottally dynamic. Like a windows application :LOL:

Off the topic : I have learnt to make one page website, without frames. Tottally dynamic. Like a windows application

Please showcase... :D... Do you have the prototype for demo ready ?

• 4 weeks later...

i think these library stuff is beyond me for now... i should better stick to animation... anymore projects, please ?... :D

Are you using perl or php, GD image library is installed on almost any server that supports perl/cgi .. just check the list of perl modules for that server and you will find GD::Image there.... This is because most of thier stats images and graphs that are generated are done using those libraries.

let me know if you need any help in it