Naam Simran And Non-Amritdharis!!!!!!!!

A wise man once told me that naam Simran is occuring within us alll the time, the common definition given for naam simran is remeberance.

What was explained to me that simran is along the lines of 'thirst and inspiration'.

Romeo was always doing simran of Juliet

He had a thirst for her! He wasnt actively telling himself to think of her, it was inspired from within. He wasnt sitting and forcing himself to remember Juliet, infact it was the other way around, he couldnt get her out of his mind!

Your atma is continuing to do simran of the existance all the time, the key is to link your mind to your atma, then your mind will be doing simran 24/7, the same way Romeo was doing simran of Juliet.

It is not done, it is being done - it isalreadly happening - No force, No words.

You(the reality) are already immortal, you just havnt realised it. You are already deathless! When you realise this your sorted! Think about it !

Get a picture of when you where a child, and then look in the mirror.

They are two bodies, different in shape and size - they are always changing

Your mind, again is always changing(ie your mind in that picture is different to your mind now).

Your mind and body are always changing (the atoms are made, destroyed and so on). However in saying this alone it would seem that the person in the picture and mirror - are 2 different people, because they have a different mind and a different body.

How silly does that sound ?

There must be something linking the Two different bodys and minds - because otherwise your just an object which has had 7 different bodies and 7everal different personalities!

what is it that links all this together ......your atma!

So in reality you are the atma!

Time is the distance between 2 changes. Your mind is changing, your body is changing but your atma remains the same! Hence your atma is beyond change - therefore TIMELESS. You(atma) are timeless!

Aaad sach, jugaad sach,

Nanaak hosee bhi sach.

Gurfateh

Harpreet

Ps its really hard to explain in words, so much easier with diagrams and graphs ! apologies if it is not very comprehendable !

This is the problem with sikhi hunah, well these days.

Seems like the wrong people are the mouth of the panth (sgpc). Ive always heard nothing is fruitful if ur not amrit dhari. Thats absurd.

I agree amrit is important, and maybe im wrong, but i think its not the physical amrit itself which is powerful, but the spiritual/mental effect as well as the grace of the guru which results when taking amrit; and this is because one is declaring to spend their life as a gursikh in the service of the guru, and as a slave of waheguru.

There is always some kind of initiation into a fold (monks shave,etc) in the same way we declare our love and put our heads on our hands when we take amrit..and this can be charun pahul or khande ke pahul. I think the former should be more 'commercial' for people, and guaranteed there would be an influx of people following sikhis essence i.e kirt karna/naam japna/vand shakna. And ultimately, these basics are the root of sikhi, which most people DONT follow.

I say lets focus on these qualities and learn to accept people at different levels of spirituality; if a persons not ready to be khalsa, so what? Everyone has to start somewhere, and with this elite attitude there would be no khalsa..there would be no sikhs. Even the biggest sinner has to naam jap to clear his debts..or even begin that journey of perfection.

Ok, im going on one now..but in conclusion, ANYONE can naam jap. ANYONE can do sewa of any kind they choose (providing its for the right reasons.) Regardless of relegion..sex..race..etc.

Lets not forget bhai mardhana, bhagat kabir, baba sheikh farid, bhai kaneya, etc were not 'amrit dhari' yet they were in union with waheguru..and to get there im sure there was some level of meditation/mantra.