HELP ME TO GIVE UP MEAT

Guest Javanmard

munh te gul par dil vich asul!!! Is ton pahila shadi karni hai kionki main sharif kuri han!!! Main aam taur anjan bandian de nal baat nahin kardi han!

Guest Javanmard

a rose on the mouth but principles in the heart! before all this: marriage first because I am a decent girl! I normally don't speak to unknown men!

• 2 weeks later...

GurFateh.

High protein low carb = cottage cheese. Lots of protein. my staple food.

Nutrional info per 100g:

Protein - 12g

Carbohydrate - 4.5g

Fat (saturated) - 1-2g*

*depending on brand

I am eternally thankful to the Lord for sending it my way... otherwise i wud be spending a small fortune on whey protein powder. i consume bout 1kg per day.

GurFateh.

Fish has lots of fat in, not necessarily saturated fat but lots of mono and poly unsaturated fats. They are not bad, good infact, if eaten in moderation. (like everything)

Lalleshvari why do you say cheese is bad? cottage cheese made with skimmed milk is very good for you, loaded with protein and calcium, importanting for growing teens and active adults.

Guest Javanmard

Wow so you guys are telling me that the brave Khalsa ate... cottage cheese!

Let's get the facts straight: jhatka my friends! The process of jhtaka is not just a way of slaughtering animals it's a sacrifice, being a sacrifice the karma of the animal is annulled because the animal's soul is allowed to enter a higher janam! Jhatka is actually a form of compassion. I would certainly not say that industrial meat is ok precisely becauase I believe in jhatka.

why do you want to give up meat?

is there any need or special medical circumstance?

because as far as I know in terms of Dharma there is no nedd to give up meat....it's personal choice at the end of the day

im putting on some weight..

what good is killing an animal that god sent? and then eating it?

i wish i had stopped when i was young..

GurFateh.

I dont deny the fact Khalsa Warriors ate meat and did bhang and opium, taking in to account Panth Prakash translations.

Question to Lalleshvari and challenge_everything:

So what kinds of animals did the hunt and eat?

Did they chatka just goats, in times of peace? did the singhs take goats with through jungles whilst at war or something?

wild boar or some small gazzelle type creature is all i can think of, that would be roaming about in a jungle.

Guest Javanmard

Mind you there is a distinction being mad ebetween wildboar and pig. Most dals will never touch pigs but will gladly eat wildboar (Ach Ja !!! Wildschwein a la creme!!! lol lol lol ) like Obelix!!!!

Cow is taboo!!!

Orchids,

Sikh scholars and Sikh texts do not count eating meat as sin so throw it away from your mind that you are committing any kind sin if you are eating meat. Also, everything came from God not just animals and if we go by the thought of committing sin then we have to blame our Gursikhs for committing sin as they have killed thousands of Turk Muslims during the wars. This is not a religion of "Ashoka" but of 10 Sikh Gurus and also it is not a Jainism either.

If you want to quit eating meat then there is nothing wrong in it and it is your personal choice but the ones eat meat are not committing any sin either.

We have lots of information on this and you might want to browse that information to learn more about it. If you feel like quitting meat please do so brother but it is not sin to eat and don't quit it just because you are scared of committing sin.

Here are few links for you.

http://www.sikhs.org/meat.htm

http://sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness/viewtopic.php?t=1903

This topic is locked now.