yamdoots, dharamraj.

Gurfateh orchids,

Yamdoots/Devdoots: Both are angel of death. Yamdoots take people who did bad deeds in their life and Devdoots take people who did good deeds in their life.

Dharamraj: Dharamraj is the dude who give your shakum sirrara(jiv atma) an decision whether you goin to narak(hell) or swaraga(heaven)

Please click on this link to have idea about life after death:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=1013

I hope that helps :D

Gurfateh orchids,

Yamdoots/Devdoots: Both are angel of death. Yamdoots take people who did bad deeds in their life and Devdoots take people who did good deeds in their life.

Dharamraj: Dharamraj is the dude who give your shakum sirrara(jiv atma) an decision whether you goin to narak(hell) or swaraga(heaven)

Please click on this link to have idea about life after death:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=1013

I hope that helps :D

im confused i thought that if you were bad you come back as another life form?

LOL@ Dharamraj - a 'dude'

Orchid, have a read of a book called 'In Search of the True Guru' by Rama Singh (a dude who was Hindu and one day, stated getting visuals and as a result became a gursikh). Its in English, so its easy to understand.

Heres a quote from the book with regards to what he saw (death experience):

"I have had a personal experience of how a lustful person is tortured in that horrible nightmare. A person is first taken through a gate of fire and thrown into the pit of hell where the water is boiling all the time.

When the Soul reaches there, it repents for its evil deeds. There is no food or water served. On all 4 sides, one can hear the wailing of 'HAI, HAI' , if someone asks for water, he is first asked by the JAMDOOTS for which good deed done during his lifetime he should be given water. If he has none to his credit, then no water is given".

There are some images in the book that Bhai Rama saw, and more on this experience.

another life form = narak..

I dont think being born as animal is something to be proud of .. because in animal reincarnation there is no power of "vichar"

Only human being has ability to do vichar and contemplate on naam simran.

Admin's query:

I think it depends, if you are female you will see female character and if you are male, you will male chracter as dharamraj.

According to my understanding on this subject...

• 2 weeks later...

about heaven and hell

I think n3o singh means heaven-like and hellish circumstances in life, which can be experienced in different life forms

---

and those who really repent are forgiven yes

those who repent and never re-offend, guru sahib gives them a chance to clean up their past karma

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee

VaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaaVaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!

Guest Javanmard

some people here don't seem to get it: heaven (svarg) and hell (narak) exist in SIkhi but they are not eternal. Some people like Kala Afghana say they do not exist in SIkhi: that's a lie. This is actually one of the reasons why he got condemned by Vedanti and all the traditional scholars!

Guest Javanmard

Bhai Rama SIngh isn't the authority! Gurbani has plenty of mentions of other levels of reality!

Mod's Note: Edited- You don't decide which literature this site should have or which literature this site shouldn't have. Leave that to team pls.

lalleshvari,

I was just giving an example. If you goto http://www.sikhitothemax.com and type in hell, you will see there are many references of hell.

Also Didn't Guru Gobind Singh Ji say whoever calls him God will burn in a pit in hell?

I guess there are no clear answers, we will only have to experience hell however it is. Yamdoots taking me away is hell enough for me, I'm gonna faint right there. :LOL:

Here are a couple posts probably worth checking out:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?act=...&t=1765&hl=hell

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?act=...&t=1085&hl=hell

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?act=...3&t=684&hl=hell

Guest Javanmard

The Gurus were intelligent enough to express a message without using unnecesessary artifices. If hell is mentioned it's because it exists although in sikhi we are not obsessed by it. You should love Akal Purakh not out of fear of hell but because you love to love Akal Purakh.

• 15 years later...
On 4/12/2004 at 12:48 AM, Orchids said:

Q1)how long are they tortured for...?

Q2)what if they really repent.. and will god forgive

A1) There is no such calculator yet for the question you ask about, for it is something in the hands of wise Nature, pretty much beyond our manipulative human nature.

A2) The only repentance is possible while being  alive in human birth, for as the Bani repeatedly tells us something, to which we moorakhs pay no attention, and that is that Nam is the only Truth, and it is by attaching ourselves to that Supreme Truth,  through meditative Nam bhakti, that all our sins can be washed away. 

After death, only punishments and rewards can be had accordingly to our karmas, but it is ONLY while being alive in human form, that real repentance can be made, which is of Nam bhakti, the all rounder cleanser.

Only  with Nam bhakti, all karmas are erased whether good or bad,  for it is only then that we become karmaless, thus no punishment in hell, nor rewards as much as in Baikunth or Swarg lok, but only total freedom and true union with that highest and eternal Truth, namely Waheguru Akal Purukh

SSA.

14 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

This is a brief meaning of the terms that dass found from bhai randhir singh ji khalsa akj from one of their books. If anyone wants me to upload pages or chapters from this book please let me

Thanks brother Soulfinder,

yes please,  do upload all the pages from this book, as I find them useful, inspiring and fascinating.

🙏