SARDARS IN BOLLYWOOD FILMS

Orchids

i asked my hindu friend she said b/c punjabi people are funny.. then i told her punjabi people don't wear turbans... sikh people do.... she said same thing?! if u ask me its just a stupid stereotype and sadly bollywood is stuck on stupid stereotypes, so do what i do... watch the matrix instead of long boring same old hindi films!!!!!! they don't bother u much..... im still waiting for the day in which a sikh is a lead role in a cartoon tho, now that wud be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and yes they wud be in a funny role cuz its a cartoon... but u never see that in kiddy shows... i alwayz wanted to see that in my cartoons!)

im just happy that my life ain't a bollywood movie!

When you have bad leaders for your community then everyone makes fun of you. We all need to reform our leadership so they can protest against any degradation of our Sikh community and we will get what we deserve until that time keep getting upset online. We must need "diversity" in our leadership.

Sunny Deol (Jat) and Puneet Issur (Brahman) played roles of Sikh army officers in 'Border'. Amitabh Bachchan played a role of Sikh army officer. He is also playing a role of Sikh army officer in coming movie 'Ab Tumare Havaale Vatan Saathiyo. Sunil Datt (Brahman) played role of Sikh in his Punjabi movie 'Man Jeete Jag Jeet'. 'Guru Maneyo Granth', 'Sarbans Daani Guru Gobind Singh' were produced by a Hindu. (I am sure you do not know the name of the producer). And they are not funny at all.

And what about 'Maachis'?

Was not allowed? :roll:

I watched this movie in a cinema hall in India, my brother. If it was released, it means the censor board had passed it.

Please make comments on other movies, like 'Guru Maneyo Granth', 'Man Jeete Jag Jeet', 'Sarbans Daani Guru Gobind Singh' 'Naanak Naam Jahaaz Hai etc. :wink:

sorry got confused with hawein, that was banned by nihangs in chandhigarh.... the other films were not made by bollywood, they were made in 70s, sarbans dani was made by a person which respects sikhism. it is bad that when sikhs try and discuss the ways sikhs are made in jokers by bollywood, other people then try and shows few films that make sikhs look good. 100 films make sikhs jokers 5 make sikhs look ok, so people think that's fine. we sikhs have lost our sense of honour. now too many sikhs dont even think there is anything wrong with bollywood making sikhs jokers

Shesssh!

Bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

sorry got confused

Yeah, it is obvious.

the other films were not made by bollywood, they were made in 70s, sarbans dani was made by a person which respects sikhism.

Don't you think you are again confused? 'Sarbans Daani Guru Gobind Singh' was made in 90s, and Not in 70s.

Which movies were not made by the bollywood? Please provide the list. Are you sure you are not confused again? I mean, do you know what is the meaning of Bollywood?

it is bad that when sikhs try and discuss the ways sikhs are made in jokers by bollywood, other people then try and shows few films that make sikhs look good.

It is bad that when some non-Sikh film producers show any Sikh character positively, the 'critics' do not appreciate them. On the other hand, they do not speak when Hindus are showen as funny characters in Sikh plays. If you cannot show respect for others, how can you expect that others will show respect towards you?

Are only Sikhs made jokers in Hindi movies? What about Hindus, police officers, Hindu preists etc, who are shown as jokers in those movies?

It is bad that sometimes Sikhs are shown as funny characters, as bad as Hindus are shown funny characters in our plays and movies.

100 films make sikhs jokers 5 make sikhs look ok, so people think that's fine.

Please provide the names of 100 movies, in which the Sikhs are shown as jokers. Then, I will provide more than 5 names of Indian movies, where Sikhs are shown as good people.

we sikhs have lost our sense of honour. now too many sikhs dont even think there is anything wrong with bollywood making sikhs jokers

We Indian Sikhs have the sense of honour. We did not spare even the prime minister, if there is threat to our honour. We know how to die and how to kill. <self edited> Where are you living, dear child?

If you are so angry with these movies, why don't you come to India and talk to those producers? Just a thought, otherwise I know you will not talk to them in Bollywood. Only a person with sense of honour can do so.

Whenever you get a Singh in a Bollywood film they always look stupid, wearing loud coloured clothes and the other actors wear something bling-bling and they always seem to make a big entrance unlike the singhs. They never show palvaan Singhs with attiude, muscles, dress-sence and riches. They always seem to reduce our credablity. :(

You know im not going to take any side but in one of late Surjit Bindrakhiya's song I have seen Sikh portrayed as coward and joker. Is he also non-sikh? When our own people are not taking care of our prestige then why blame others. Also, I'll stand for my words that we need better political leaders and the ones really want to work for Sikhs progress not for building wealth.

if you see Kal Ho Naa Ho, they show lots bout sikh proper boys with pathke and turbans and its sooo cute and funny and well punjabis are funny epople and we'll i'm proud of it...its loads of fun being punjabi at my school everyones heard of the Jay-Z and PMC mix Beware of the Boys and we preformed a dance to that song at a Cultural Assembly at our school and the kids went wild...it was fun now people are like so how do you dance punjabi? can i come to a punjabi part? etc. we r just funny characters...lol...

• 3 months later...

you kno wat else is wack. even in a movie like hawayein about Dehli Riots where turbaned sikhs were murdered. the main character is a mona, a mona! it killing scenes were intense and touching but the rest of it got dumb really fast and the dude keeps his kes and starts looking so cool but cuts it again like it was a fad or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a bit late but I havn't been able to go on the forum recently.

Anyway in response to Tejvir Kaur, Kal Ho Naa Ho portrayed Sikhs in a derogatory comical way rather than what you're implying as nice and inoffensive. What really annoyed me was the scene where the bibi shows her some photos of some Singhs asking her which one she liked and her response being "They all look the same".

Also there was the scene where the Singh brought his sons over and they looked meek, goofy, shy and silly with the father and mother being swollen, pompous, loud and of course silly.

Also did anyone notice how the bibi would idolise the photo of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, and at one point she was worshiping a shrine of Ganesh in their house.

As for PMC, yeh that ONE hit was good but I was really put off by the intro to Mirza, come on what kind of image he trying to promote but then again he was already pandering to the ghetto/punjabi audience.

As for me I'm into rock and metal (inoffensive music does exist yay!) :¬P :yo: before anybody comments no I do not like Slipknot or any of that thrash metal ok. Like they say "Whatever rocks your boat".

O yeh and in response to lil princesse's suggestion that we should watch the matrix instead of boring hindi films, yeh the 1st one but come on reloaded and revolutions gotta be the worst sequels ever made in hollywood history, you should have suggested Lord of the rings now dat triliogy rules from beggining to end.

I know this is a bit late but I havn't been able to go on the forum recently.

Anyway in response to Tejvir Kaur, Kal Ho Naa Ho portrayed Sikhs in a derogatory comical way rather than what you're implying as nice and inoffensive. What really annoyed me was the scene where the bibi shows her some photos of some Singhs asking her which one she liked and her response being "They all look the same".

Also there was the scene where the Singh brought his sons over and they looked meek, goofy, shy and silly with the father and mother being swollen, pompous, loud and of course silly.

Also did anyone notice how the bibi would idolise the photo of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, and at one point she was worshiping a shrine of Ganesh in their house.

As for PMC, yeh that ONE hit was good but I was really put off by the intro to Mirza, come on what kind of image he trying to promote but then again he was already pandering to the ghetto/punjabi audience.

As for me I'm into rock and metal (inoffensive music does exist yay!) :¬P :yo: before anybody comments no I do not like Slipknot or any of that thrash metal ok. Like they say "Whatever rocks your boat".

O yeh and in response to lil princesse's suggestion that we should watch the matrix instead of boring hindi films, yeh the 1st one but come on reloaded and revolutions gotta be the worst sequels ever made in hollywood history, you should have suggested Lord of the rings now dat triliogy rules from beggining to end.

i like rock and metal too

which bands do u like

i like trash metal

and some mellow rock 2

Cool, really? I always knew I wasn't the only Sikh who did.

My fav bands are Smashing Pumpkins, Greenday, Muse, Lost Prophets, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Blink 182, Queen, Toto, Velvet Revolver, Rancid and Nirvana. What about you.

I even got my own guitar and am learning to play. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, really? I always knew I wasn't the only Sikh who did.

My fav bands are Smashing Pumpkins, Greenday, Muse, Lost Prophets, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Blink 182, Queen, Toto, Velvet Revolver, Rancid and Nirvana. What about you.

I even got my own guitar and am learning to play. :D

i like:

Nirvana

A perfect circle

the beatles

david bowie

new york dolls

A,F,I

a lot of 70's punk rock bands

theres a lot of bands it would take forever listing them lol

i invite you to join the sikh rock club which has lots of sikh members that like rock music

www.sikhpal.com

then click next matches

then the club is called rock

enjoy

• 3 weeks later...