SARDARS IN BOLLYWOOD FILMS

Orchids

There used to be a time where if a person was to see a Singh or a Singhni, they would feel honoured, blessed & protected. Its sad how we have let this reputation slip in the space of a hundred and fifty years or so, this was the reputation we our Gurus gave us at the cost of their lives as well as millions of others, we sit back & let Bollywood make a mockery of this, would our Gurus be proud of us today?

• 3 weeks later...

Intresting post......

however, you have to realise that the biggest market who watch these people outside of india are Punjabi sikhs etc etc.....

Punjabi music is the in thing and therefore the directors seem to think by giving their films a punjabi touch their film will do better... i.e. music a singh etc etc....

I do feel finally bollywood has recognised Sikhs and Punjabis as a force in India.... look at the Bhagat singh.. there were 3 versions made about the same person. I have never seen this happen before, even about Ghandhi.