Nagar Kirtan

WJKK WJKF

somebody came to me and asked me, "if naamdhari's do not follow the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, then why do they attend the nagar kirtans from behind the Guru Granth Sahib Ji?"

I did not know what to say to my frind.

Could someone tell me the answer so i would understand and can tell my mate.

To my knowledge, if naamdhari's are going to attend the nagar kirtans, then the radhasoamis, nirankaris and dehdharis might aswell come.

they do not follow satguru's teachings so why they attend for?

wasn't it the radhasoamis and dehdharis that killed the sikhs in 1984? along with indian government?

Reply back please

WJKK WJKF

Correct me if i m wrong but namdharis dont have their own granth written by their guroo's but their guroo's all give updesh from siri guroo granth sahib ji and dasam granth sahib ji and treat sikh scriptures with high esteem.

WJKK WJKF

This is what was said in an article.

Im going to take the relevant points out

'Baba Ram Singh who was a freedom fighter (naamdhari's 12th Guru), communicated with th sangat through letters he sent them whilst imprisoned as an exile in Burma....."Brothers, after the Ten Patshahis, Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Guru and Eternal. There is no other Guru (letter No. 44). Accept Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the Guru manifest (letter No. 36). Make offerings to Shabad Guru....Don't refer to me as Siree Maharaj (letter No. 40). I am not the Guru (letter No. 38)".

The Naamdharis are so misguided that they don't even acknoledge and respect the words of the very man they claim to be so devoted to; instead they positively go against his wishes'

That is the quote that I had read.

I was told by a Sant that, Guru Gobind Singh Ji had told the sangat that all of their family and relatives would become shaheeds because that way no-one will come back claiming to be the next Guru. That is why the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was Created,.......to be the 11th and final Guru. Well...that is what I was told........by a Sant.

WJKK WJKF

Baba Ram Singh didnt even call himself the next Guru either. Naamdhari's called themselves Naamdhari's because they do Naam Jaap more than anything else, this is what all sikhs should do. This is what our Guru Granth Sahib Ji also says.

Gurm Singh have you got da full letter?