islams another attempt to convert sikhs

Orchids

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent this reply:

Why can't you accept that Guru Nanak spread the message of God-yes GOD. Not of religion, although he did start a new religion that was DEFINITELY not muslim or hindu. It doesn't matter what religion you are, as long as it is the meditation of God's name, which is paramount to the sikh religion. why would sikhs want to convert? if you die and call yourself a muslim, you won't get the rewards for just calling yourslef muslim, but for all the deeds and time spent meditating God's name in your life. So sikhs don't want muslims getting in their face! we could make muslims feel insecure about their religion for an eternity!

Dharamraj is a mythical character, my bro.

Please consider the following:

Other than the Guru, who can explain that within the mind is the Lord, the King, the Emperor? ||4||

Page 61

-----------------

andar raajaa takhat hai aapay karay ni-aa-o.

Page 1092

For detailed explanation, please check:

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/1092.html

Orchids, this thought just occurred to me. What were you doing on a musalman website like that in the first place? :?

i was referred 2 that site by some1

anyways.. i was in talk with a muslim today he said that he follows baba farids teachings and he asked me if guru nanak was muslim.. i said he was not..

im tired of these tactics used by muslims, just because there is writings by muslim scholers in the SGGS, they use it to try and tell us how great islam is.. i told him straight im proud of my religion.. i could have debated with him but i didnt see the conversation going any further as he would deny a bunch of things.. yes i did tell him everyone is equal in the eyes of god, god doesnt care which religion any1 is!

peace

Ka'ba was a building which contained all the demi gods and idols of the many variations of relgious beliefs prior to Islam and the creation of the one mecca (indicating there is only one god - which consists of all these demi gods and more) also mecca was a massive trading route hence the reason all the different clans and religions would meet there, to trade it was like a massive market...

It doesnt seem strange that a hindoo trader would take his idol along with him (a shivlinga) and that was also placed within the walls of the ka'ba..

Also just because someone claims a certain person is theirs who cares, there is no monopoly on GOD or Spirituality. After all it was Guru maharaj who adopted muslim dress and went to mecca and preached to them about the teachings of the Qu-aran, So maybe we shouldnt be so ignorant and let them take whatever gun they can take and hope inshallah (satgurparsad) it helps them with their relationship with their guru and ALLAH.

Guest Javanmard

I feel quite happy to have a Guru that all religions claim is their own!!!! I mean do any Christians say Muhammad was theirs?NO!!!!

yet it seems most religions want to claim Guru NAnak for themselves. Let them be: I think that's what makes SIkhi unique!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Guru Nanak Devji never adopted any Muslim dress etc...He might have gone to Mecca but as we all know, he made the mullahs realize that god (Akal Purakh) was everywhere not just in their Mecca.....

This whole story that Guru Nanak was a Muslim is perpetuated by disgruntled Muslims who are pretty bitter at the fact that they do not quite have role models (Gurus) as the Sikhs do...Our Gurus led remarkable live and we should all be grateful to be born as Sikhs...It is time that others realize this adopt our religion.

• 4 weeks later...

You are right. It's people who create a fuss in religion, and not religion. Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the first guru of our religion, didn't mention wot u said as can be proved in Guru Granth Sahib. So we, as educated people, should do wot we deem is right and not being influenced by stupid people who said that we should be against islam as such although it's true they are wrongdoers.

No we can still join clubs sukhi.

Sat sri kal

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

i was referred 2 that site by some1

anyways.. i was in talk with a muslim today he said that he follows baba farids teachings and he asked me if guru nanak was muslim.. i said he was not..

im tired of these tactics used by muslims, just because there is writings by muslim scholers in the SGGS, they use it to try and tell us how great islam is.. i told him straight im proud of my religion.. i could have debated with him but i didnt see the conversation going any further as he would deny a bunch of things.. yes i did tell him everyone is equal in the eyes of god, god doesnt care which religion any1 is!

peace

I was going through posts. I know it is an old post, but if anybody says baba farid was muslim, tell him to read his writings in SGGS. Baba farid did not show any hope for judgement day. He did not mention Mohammad. Here is one of the writings.

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਇਟ ਸਿਰਾਣੇ ਭੁਇ ਸਵਣੁ ਕੀੜਾ ਲੜਿਓ ਮਾਸਿ ॥

Fareed, a stone will be your pillow, and the earth will be your bed. The worms shall eat into your flesh.

ਕੇਤੜਿਆ ਜੁਗ ਵਾਪਰੇ ਇਕਤੁ ਪਇਆ ਪਾਸਿ ॥੬੭॥

Countless ages will pass, and you will still be lying on one side. ||67||

Whole bani by Baba Farid is written in affection of God. Everything he said was as per Gurmat.

Islam on the other hand is based on forced conversions, manipulation, blackmail (hell, heaven) and I will stop right here (Just read life history of their prophet) .

laalsingh please educate yourself on Islam before you start talking about its philosophy etc.

amardeep,

I am here just replying to the fact that why Baba farid's bani is included in SGGS, even thoug he was a muslim?

Do you want refrences from quran about forced conversion, manipulation and more? I am not sure if moderators here will allow it. If you are more educated about Islam, let me know how I am wrong?

Problems is moderators will let anybody say anything about sikhi here, but saying anything about other religions is not permitted (even if it's true).