If u want to become a Nihang do you have to re take amrit?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eatng meat is forbidden by sikhs and if a nihang eats meat, that is not an invitation for you to also eat meat. nihangs way of life is for nihangs and the conventional sikh way of life is for sikhs.dont confuse the two

So, are Nihangs Sikhs or Not??

if not..

then how come u have the same gurus as us Nihangs??

whoa chill out frends. im jus saying dat you should open your eyes. and no, BEAST thats not an invitation for sarcasm. ive been to many gurudwaras is england and america. and neva has the topic of a nihang come up.

can you please explain what makes a nihang different to a normal sikh? is it beliefs or practices? :?

• 2 months later...

because most gurdwara's in the U.K are spgc or tat khalsa styled. they know nothing of Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa... it would be silly to say Sikhs and Nihangs are two different things, we are all Sikhs but not all Nihangs.

Nihangs are martial in their way of life, different to you da militant and others.

you say killing an animal is wrong... and the animal is innocent, then why do you mr militant drink milk and eat cheese? who are you to take the cows milk which was destined for its calf? you suddenly having a caring streak in you, do you? ive said it before and ill say it again, meat was part of the humans diet for millions of years and will be... some animals are omnivores... like some monkeys and gorillas... are they cruel for swaying from their predominantly vege diet?

Eating other animals is part of their lives and so it is a part of ours... if you can bear to eat an animal ow do you expect to kill a human (in war)?

and don't say to me "we should only eat animals in times of war" and all that bull...

that would mean we should only train in times of war and not before... that would be silly... its no good trying to learn the art of war when the war is about to begin, you want to be heavily practised and ready for the crunch before it happens...

Failing to plan is planning to fail...

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Dear Rakash Singh,

Thank you for your input, perhaps you could also join the 'meat' debate and discuss as per the 'Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa' tradition, what the view is with regard to 'Chatka' meat and what ACTUALLY constitutes Chatka with necessary references and why, hopefully without going into the usual 'sainsbury chickens' are sacred and please don't insult 'sainsbury' remarks which are rampant from most other Nihangs on this forum, when asked this simple question for clarification.

Thanks,

SMS.

Rakash Singha

If you turn to page 73 of the “Gurbani Paath Darshan†Granth written by Siri-Maan, Panth-Rattan, Vidiya-Maartand, Sant-Giani Gurbachan Singh “Khalsa†Bhindrawale you will see that although Baba Ji warns of excessively eating meat, Baba Ji does clearly state that it is only “Kutha†or “Halaal†meat that is forbidden to the Khalsa. Baba Ji does state that Jhatka meat is allowed for the Khalsa.

===

Not sure where you read this quote of Sant Gurbachan Singh as I have just checked page 73 and at the bottom of the page, Guru Nanak Dev Ji writes

'puchan khol kitaab noon, vaddaa hindoo ke musalmanoiee'

this means that if one reads a book, and one becomes egotistical this is equivalent to eating meat.

secondly, if one reads mechanically this is equivalent to eating ghost meat.

finally if one reads a book with full faith and understands it, then this is equivalent to eating 'Magz' - this is for full strength..

Nowhere on Page 73 does Giani Ji mention Halal or Kutha meat as pointed out by yourself.

Please clarify your reply or provide a more accurate referfence.

The clear meaning of the Shabad is outlined on Page 74.

If you look at page 73 Bhaji the title is 2) 'Kutha'. So how can u say Baba Ji doesnt mention kutha on this page..

I will post a translation of this page to clarify things. By the way this is not published by Damdami Taksaal Mehta Chowk but by Bhindra valee Taksaal under the great leadership of Baba Mohan Singh Jio.

the words kutha, halaal, chatka are all on this Page 73 and they all are discussed.

May I suggest an eye test Bhaji... I hear spec savers are doing a good deal at the moment?

Gurbarkaaal

==

Singh Ji,

I can assure you my eye sight is crystal clear.

The edition I have is the one published by Bhider Kalaan and Gurdwara Akhand Prakash.

I await your exact quotes, page numbers and index ref with anticipation.

Just in case we have different copies, I will cross reference your info with a Singh who lives at the Gurdwara and is a student of Baba Mohan Singh Ji.

hey challanege yaara why dont u just scan or take a digital photo graph off the above mentioned quotes and texts and post it here that way we can all see who needs to go vision express :D.. well i obviously do because u said spec savers before.. and I read vision express.. humm raises an intresting point of manipulations and misquoting of texts.. which is exactly what im posting about.. wow.. dhan dhan daddy christmas ji.

• 4 weeks later...

Rakash Singha

I think if I’m correct you took Amrit from the so called “Damdami-Taksaal†youth of the U.K (although many other independent Panj Pyare in the UK also preach anti-jhatka). The “Taksaali†youth of the UK edited the original Damdami-Taksaal Maryada about 2 years ago to produce a new “Gurmat Rehat Maryada.†This was a good try at interpreting the Taksaali Rehat but did not interpret the old Taksaali Rehat Maryada with enough objectivity and neutrality as the youths have ignored parts of the original Rehat which conflicted with their own views.

If you turn to page 73 of the “Gurbani Paath Darshan†Granth written by Siri-Maan, Panth-Rattan, Vidiya-Maartand, Sant-Giani Gurbachan Singh “Khalsa†Bhindrawale you will see that although Baba Ji warns of excessively eating meat, Baba Ji does clearly state that it is only “Kutha†or “Halaal†meat that is forbidden to the Khalsa. Baba Ji does state that Jhatka meat is allowed for the Khalsa.

You have spoken about twisting the truth, however you have misled the sangat by stating 'Baba Ji does state that Jhatka meat is allowed for the Khalsa'

Having just read these pages- (not in the version I have) 95% of the time Gurbachan Singh Ji, has warned against eating maas as ones vikaars increase and the resultant action ie 'jo karega, so bharega'. Unsurprisingly these facts were never mentioned.

He has however stated that as a last resort it is OK to eat 'chatka'. As far as I know, most singhs do not contest eating chatka as a last resort - truth be told, some jathebandhies may disagree.

As this will be my last post on this topic, I would just like to inform you that I follow the Akal Takht Maryada as it stands. So I have no personal vandetta against people who eat chatka.

However, when people distort the writings of others for whatever reason, then this I feel needs to be highlighted to the sangat.