Mixed Martial Arts / Ultimate Fighting Championship

Did the Kshatriya's have similar rules about (eg) the time of day to fight? ie No battles were fought at midday coz it was really hot.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Nihang Singhs used to deliberately ignore this protocol and (in the case of the example mentioned) fought during mid-day. This kind of evened things out, coz otherwise the Singhs were outnumbered 30/40 to 1.

Can anyone confirm?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mugarmuch Singh, the reason I pointed this out was because Veer Narsingha said it was Kshatriya Maryadha to attack the groin. But if you read ancient Sanatan texts like the Mahabharat then you’ll know that low blows were against kshatriya maryadha. Infact low blows were punishable by death. You have to understand is that, ancient Kshatriyas were very noble hearted souls who fought in accordance to rules and regulations which is known as Kshatriya maryadha. They were not like us Kalyugi folks who will use every dirty trick in the book in order to defeat their opponent(s).

Personally speaking, whenever I have fought, I have never used dirty tactics, low blows to defeat my opponents, unless my opponent uses them first, then I am justified in using similar methods.

Perhaps you need to recap on what exactly "Kyshatriya maryada" is. The Mahabharat and Ramayan speal of "dirty tricks". Even Krishan Maharaj and Raamchandra Maharaj themselves played such "tricks" to deceive the enemy, sometimes on a grand political scale, and sometimes to kill.

btw, as a side point, I dont know of that many men who can continue to fight effectively and win when hit in the groin, unless:

a) they happen to be a castrated man

B) they happen to be a napumsak

c) they happen to be a female

d) the hit itself was feeble

e) are wearing a sarbloh kachera (or some kind of alternative)

:LOL:

(there are other alternative explanations, but listing them would mean violating the sacred laws of this forum as it appears non-puritanical matters result in locking of threads) 8)

btw, as a side point, I dont know of that many men who can continue to fight effectively and win when hit in the groin, unless:

e) are wearing a sarbloh kachera (or some kind of alternative)

LOL LOL LOL LLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.

sarbloh kachera can be bought, pm me if u want one. lol

:shock: :shock: :?

sarbloh kachera can be bought, pm me if u want one. lol

can i get a titanium one? :wink:

Well, as I'm sure ur aware Guv, some MEN tend to have very FEMALE tendencies and characteristics...

and vice versa of course. Sometimes similarities to the opposite gender are so great, confusion is inevitable....

Countless Indian tales mention stories where women have entered the battlefield disguised as men (see Charitropakhyan for examples) They have bravely and have been mistaken for being men...

“Did the Kshatriya's have similar rules about (eg) the time of day to fight? ie No battles were fought at midday coz it was really hot.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Nihang Singhs used to deliberately ignore this protocol and (in the case of the example mentioned) fought during mid-day. This kind of evened things out, coz otherwise the Singhs were outnumbered 30/40 to 1.â€

Beast, actually the Puraatan Singhs did not fight a conventional war where two armies face each other with there infantry to back them up. Puraatan Singhs fought a guerilla war against the Muslims. They were fighting against an enemy that followed no rules.

As for Kshatriya Maryadha. This Maryadha had some very fine and noble rules to live by. Manu Simrati and other Sanatan texts mention that a Kshatriya cannot attack an enemy who has fallen on the ground, and should only attack when the opponent is back on his feet. Since ancient Kshatriyas were also Keshadaris like the Sikhs, Manu Simrati says one should not attack an opponent whose Jooras has opened loose. One should give him a chance to tie his Joora back, then resume fighting. There are many such rules the Kshatriyas lived.

“Perhaps you need to recap on what exactly "Kyshatriya maryada" is. The Mahabharat and Ramayan speal of "dirty tricks". Even Krishan Maharaj and Raamchandra Maharaj themselves played such "tricks" to deceive the enemy, sometimes on a grand political scale, and sometimes to kill.â€

Just because Krishan used some dirty tricks to make the Pandav win doesn’t mean krishan wasn’t punished for using dirty tricks. He had to suffer just as much as the Kuru dynasty did. The punishment krishan had to endure was that his entire vansh i.e. Yadhu Vansh was destroyed in a civil war with not a single Yadhav remaining just as all the Kurus were destroyed in the Great War. This was because of a curse he received from Mata Gandhaari for using all these dirty tricks. Lesson from this is, “the ends don’t justify the meansâ€.

“btw, as a side point, I dont know of that many men who can continue to fight effectively and win when hit in the groin, unless:

e) are wearing a sarbloh kachera (or some kind of alternative)â€

LOL, Sarbloh Kashera. Good one!

Well, as I'm sure ur aware Guv, some MEN tend to have very FEMALE tendencies and characteristics...

now that u mention it, i have noticed that some men have feminine traits... & vice versa.

Sometimes similarities to the opposite gender are so great, confusion is inevitable....

that's very tru... er... not that i've ever made the mistake of thinking someone was of the wrong gender... no siree... not me... :oops: :roll:

VAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH!

I am not up to par with knowledge on kashatri maryada but sumtimes when ur grappling survivalk mode kicks in... and when u got a 6ft 17/18st geeza on ur head (one of my boys) u gota do whatever to survive. went training 2day bit hyer. its fight season.

If a Singh is callenged by another man should he accept on questions asked and bust the geeza? ive been a sort of pacafist but tensions are flairing up again this yr and its been too long since ive had a proper scrap. i wana taste blood, blood i tell ya!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BLAD i am not that heavy jus big boned :D

Nah grapplin is bad,savaraksha is that like grappling aswell or different, would some one plz elaborate

if u have a scumbag of an opponent, with no morals and basically wants to hurt u to rob ur money etc - then why wouldnt u do anything available to smash him? why would u restrict your arsenal of moves? in a do or die situation there is nothing wrong with poking someones eyes out, biting them or smacking em down below

on the other hand if ur opponent is honourable and is fighting u to improve skills, then its understandable to restrict certain moves to keep ur own honour against another great fighter

i agree with narsingha on his points about mixed martial arts

dont learn if you think your going to get a tap on the back or win a competion, the only way your going to get a tap on the back is if you get hit there, and thats not a nice tap, believe me.

Learn for the sake of keeping it alive, keeping the Martial Science in sikhi, too many bloody sants and hanji hanji puth people around. more they say hanji more dodgy they are.