Aryans came from india and Not Europe...

oh don't get me wrong. i'm not talking about the entire world. i KNOW that'd be impossible. but wouldn't it be great if everyone who's on this site tried to adopt this mentality of equality and fairness? and if not everyone, then most people... and if not most people, then some people... i mean even ONE person trying to do this much would make the world a better place.

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

I refer back to my earlier post, why with the advent of DDay and in times where Sikhs have experienced numerous hostilities on the grounds of 'mis-taken' identity (contrary to popular belief, whether in Round Dhumala or Triangle Turbans, both have experienced these), where presently in the UK, the Kirpan law is looking to undergo further assessment and so on...with all this happening:

-why is the insistance to harp on about Aryan roots and "fairer skin tones" so popular?

-why are Sikhs keen to idolise inviduals, who regardless of one's stance on associated political matters, only serve to aid the 'mistaken-identity' already in place, moreover as we can see from countless threads on this forum and almost all other Sikh forums, a use of language that suggests superiority, differences and increasingly political agendas over and above religious matters.

I am not asking for an indepth analysis about Aryan-origins, Sikh-figure heads or political situations, but simply an understanding of the 'mindset' of what appears to be the majority of the Sikh Youth on the net since these are topics that appear all over Sikh sites.

Please explain a little further so that we may understand the motivation behind these discussions.

Thanking you.

oh don't get me wrong. i'm not talking about the entire world. i KNOW that'd be impossible. but wouldn't it be great if everyone who's on this site tried to adopt this mentality of equality and fairness? and if not everyone, then most people... and if not most people, then some people... i mean even ONE person trying to do this much would make the world a better place.

hmm.... I agree. So what about you.. are u ready for this?

i'm trying.

as for ur question Sardar Moderator Singh... i don't have an answer for u since i don't know exactly what it is that goes on in the minds of other ppl. all i can say is that i'm not interested in understanding who is Aryan and who isn't and where and why there are fair-skinned people in Punjab and whether Punjabis have the same ancestry as other Indian people. it doesn't interest me on its own although the ideas in this thread are intriguing.

i hope i made sense up there...