What would a Sikh PM spell for the Khalistani movement?

Sikh PM of India or Khalistan?  

21 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sikh Prime Minister
    • Khalistan
    • Both
    • Neither
    • Don't care
    • Stop asking stupid questions

“Sant Baba Takhur Singh's bachan is that sant is in chardi kalaa and will come back when they are given hukam from akaal to do so, and that the time is coming close. Baba Ji has never said anything about 2004. That's just a year assumed by premi's because its 20 years, a nice even number since the attacks.â€

Sindha Singh Jee, a lot of people know Baba Takhur Singh Jee has said this. Infact, I think he said something like if Sant Jarnail Singh Jee does not come back by 2004, “meri dhari patt deoâ€. As for the 2004 thing, this was told to me by people who have heard from Taksali leaders in Toronto telling them that “Baba Takhur Singh Jee told me Sant Jarnail Singh Jee is coming back in 2004â€.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

Veerji my post was not to criticise u it was a heartfelt plea not to get carried away with having a first sikh pm, what did the first sikh president do???

N30 said

Please stop this bullocks.

Why not bring action give justice to those who were responsible instead of crying/whinnin in forgein countries.

Dear veerji u dnt even know who I am or what I do, yes I cry and whine because it hurts so much when ppl just throw blanket comments on the whole movement. I cant and will not justify or support ppl who abuse sikhi or the movement for their personal pockets.

N30 said

I been hearing this whining for years now.. still no action... since people like to tell others and not look at their own manjiii .. what have they done for the movement??? Internet forums....???!? That doesnt quite count does it???????... why dont you sent your khalistani boys to india to give justice to those who killed innocent people in 1984... I ll tell you why the shake when takin over this mission?????????

Actions don’t need to be told to the world, the Damdami Taksaal has for years been helping out the families in need, theres supports groups for the singhs in jail, the defence for Prof Bhai Davinderpal Singh Bhullar was support by gursikhs here, the documentation of the shaheeds from 1978 is still continuing there is much more, personally all I can is do my utmost to up hold the values Guruji gave me, yes my manji is full off crap yes I am full anger desperate to see my brothers and sisters get justice.

All I can say I devote my time and energy into actively helping the shaheeds and the gursikhs let back home and yes some off my friends have become Shaheeds. So please dnt think I sit here on the net crying I only come on here to share my thoughts and the thoughts off those Gursikhs who gave me their love. I want to carry on with what they started.

The best warrior will shake when the time comes, I do but I now Guruji will bless me when its my turn. Please do Ardas for me so too I can join my brothers and sisiters

N30 said

I ll tell you why... because lack of bhagti... look in urself in the mirror and ask yourself are you willing to be shaheed?? do you have that kinda naam abyhaas in you ?? If yes .. please carry on the with parchar of khalistan. If not then just shad it and work on the bhagti level ( i dont preach because i dont have bhagti in that level to preach). I m sorry to say this.... you want to make khalistan do it the josh which were at the times of sant jarnail singh ji times ......whats this bullocks?? khalistan zindabad all these slogans...judgin others of capablity...

Shaheedi is a gift from Guruji I now how many times singhs have gone for shaheedi yet it was not their time or yes may be their Bhagati was not up too it. Guruji knows. I try to do as much nam simran and seva as possible and yes i stride towards to be a greater sikh ever looking at those Gursikhs who gave their lives. The movement cant fail as it was started by a Mahapursh and the ardas was done at Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, we live by the jeevan off the singhs who grow up with Santji the movement is still run by those gursikhs, but as all ways the bad ppl get noticed and the true foot soldier carries on with his mission.

N30 said

awareness is good, remembering of shaeeds must

But when we remember what do we remember??? do we feel like pick up ak-47 or nitneem gutka??? If the answer is feeling like pick u ak- 47 then you know where you stand?? where is your fear-level is ?? where is your bhagti level is?? Because first you become saint and then soldier..not other way around...

If you pick up nitneem gutka and do patt while remembering shaheeds and guroo maharaj .. thats what i call real khalsa and khalistani!!

I

N30 said

Sukdev i think you should first work on sorting out sikhs who are abusing khalistan name which was suppose to be spiritual movement rather than bunch of fanatics (cold-bloosed morons) who blow up planes and buses and kill up innocent people!!!!!!!!!

Veerji ive tired my utmost to not get personal or attack anyone, we do confront those leaders that tarnish the name off Santji and the movement. We take great care in not to publicly fight with these morons, the best way to tackle them is so show them for what they are a bunch off power hungry dogs, they way we do it is actively promoting what Santji and the Shaheeds stood for. We take our lead from the puran Sants ie Baba Thakur Singh ji the acting Jathadar Damdami Taksaal and the Sant samaj

So please lets help those families who are still looking for love ones and those who lost loved ones get justice.

Take care

sukdev

Sindha Singh Jee, a lot of people know Baba Takhur Singh Jee has said this. Infact, I think he said something like if Sant Jarnail Singh Jee does not come back by 2004, “meri dhari patt deoâ€. As for the 2004 thing, this was told to me by people who have heard from Taksali leaders in Toronto telling them that “Baba Takhur Singh Jee told me Sant Jarnail Singh Jee is coming back in 2004â€.

Singh I've had the great kirpa to stay and visit with Sant Baba Takhur Singh Ji on various occassions. Last year while in New York a local journalist for a large punjabi community paper visited with Baba Ji to talk about the whole Ram Singh mix up.

The question regaring Sant Jarnail Singh was also once again raised (as it almost always is) to which again Baba Ji replied that Sant Jarnail Singh is in Chardi Kalaa. The reporter further inquired about when Sant ji will return to which Baba Ji said when hukam comes.

There are also videos of Baba Ji making this bachan, and maybe in time will be shared.

Like I said earlier premi's, suspect the year to be 2004 just because it seems like a really round year, but NEVER has Baba Ji themselves said this year. This can be confirmed by asking any of the Singhs with Baba Ji.

I think neo made an extremely important point here..people talk about khalistan on the internet and have marches in the streets..but what REAL action is being taken? Im not talking about going on killing sprees (it wouldnt acheive anything) im talking about getting jobs in politics/making contacts/working hard,etc. Instead these khalistanis are "gyanis" and "preachers" and all other kinds of powerless jobs (in politics.)

I too was a khalistani..until i realised we have no khalsa to have khalistan..and we have no leaders to make this ideal feasible.

Im totally against oppression, but asking for khalistan wont stop this. Its something we have to do politically..and 84 prooved that in india, we cant win fighting physically. We have to use the pen.

Sadh sangat ji, in the words of jarnail singh bindrawale (note theres no shaheed there ;) )

'im not for khalistan, and neither am i against it..if they(india) handed to us, they we will accept it.'

^ Fully agree.

If you're going to enter a battle, you need to use the most effective strategy.

In this case I also believe that entering politics is going to be more effective than marches and preaching in Gurdware's.

I went to the '84 stand at Handsworth Mela, and the things I saw and read were genuinely disturbing. But soon I slipped back into my normal work routine and those disturbing images slipped from my mind (I'm being honest abt my thoughts now). My question is how many others did the same? How many other people came to the stall, were touched by what they saw and then after a few hours/days/weeks got back to their daily routine? At a guess, I would say almost everyone who is uninformed abt '84 did this.

This isn't our fault: its fine to do the stands, the marches and the parchaar in Gurdware; but these actions should be complimenting a more effective strategy if justice is to be served.

Please note: these are my personal opinions to those who are actively seeking justice for '84.

Maybe to be more effective some of the people heavily involved in gaining justice should also map out their short/medium/long term strategies more clearly. ie What they plan to do, why, and when do they plan to do it by. (Just an idea)

How many other people came to the stall, were touched by what they saw and then after a few hours/days/weeks got back to their daily routine?

Me :( And thats the problem singh..how can we have a country when most of us who claim to be khalistani, dont have the desire or more importantly the power to do anything about it. At the end of the day, as cold as it sounds, we live in the uk..and we have our own problems to face. Trying to solve the problems in the punjab isnt likely to happen in the uk, its something the sikhs in india have to work for (of course with any help they need from us.)

If anyone has the chance to read cynthia mahmoods book please do..i read the first few chapters and i was so touched and hurt at the treatment these gursikhs received..until i read chapters later on, and realised some of these "freedom fighters" were infact wrong in their actions i.e one singh strapped bombs to a child and sent him in the middle of a hindu village (because they were saying derogatory comments towards sikhs.)

There is two sides to a story..and i think what began as a movement with good intentions has turned into a blind ritual of shouting slogans and leaflets. Theres no actions..only words :(

check this out pm dr manmohan has given tytler a cabint post lol

Jagdish Tytler

A member of Sanjay Gandhi brigade, Jagdish Tytler stages a splendid comeback by finding a berth in the Manmohan Singh Cabinet.

The veteran 66-year-old Congress leader of Delhi puts behind him the accusations of involvement in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, in which he was absolved by a court here recently, and returns to Cabinet after eight years.

Born on December one, 1942, at Dajal in Dera Ghaji Khan in Pakistan, Tytler began his career as a Commerce professor before shifting to Delhi politics and became a close confidante of Sanjay Gandhi.

Tytler has handled several ministries such as Civil Aviation, Surface Transport, Coal, Food Processing and Labour.

During his period as Union Minister under the Congress government of P V Narasimha Rao, there were allegations of corruption levelled against him in the Mumbai Port Trust case, but a lot of water has flown under the bridge since then.

Like I said earlier premi's, suspect the year to be 2004 just because it seems like a really round year, but NEVER has Baba Ji themselves said this year. This can be confirmed by asking any of the Singhs with Baba Ji.

Theek hai Bhai. I respect your views. If Sant Jee comes back, thats great. But if Sant Jee comes back, will he have aged since 84 or will he look exactly the way he did back in 84?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I did not wish to respond to some of the most recent posts since as predicted the thread has moved some distance from its original intention i.e.. the impact of a Sikh being installed as indian PM on the Sikh right to self determination.

However some of the comments made do need to be countered if for no other reason than to correct some misconceptions and factual inaccuracies.

Me And thats the problem singh..how can we have a country when most of us

who claim to be khalistani, dont have the desire or more importantly the

power to do anything about it..:

Above is nonsensical, why would anyone claim to advocate something if they did not desire it?

Surely if you lacked the desire of an objective then you wouldn't champion

it, would you?

The only way 'you will do anything about it' is if your desire outstrips your apathy, perhaps for you that may never happen.

As for your comment regarding power or as you see it the lack of it, it is a

good thing that not everyone is as

defeatist as yourself, indeed had this attitude been prevalent in the

formative years of Sikhi, we would not be

having this, or any other discussion on a Sikh website since none would have

existed.

At the end of the day, as cold as it sounds,

we live in the uk..and we have our own problems to face. Trying to solve the

problems in the punjab isnt likely to happen in the uk, its something the

sikhs in india have to work for (of course with any help they need from us.).:

It is precisley because we live outside of india that we are uniquely placed

to be the unrestricted, uncensored voice for the Sikh nation,

we are fortunate enough to live in a society

where information is freely available, where opinion maybe openly expressed.

It is not a matter of separating 'our problems' from 'theirs' it is exactly

this lack of identifying 'their' problems as 'ours' that leads us to our current

situation.

History witnesses that those people(s) who are unable to secure their

sovereignty lack both impact and longevity on the world stage.

Our long term future existence as a Sikh nation regardless of where we

choose to live is absolutely dependent on the creation of a Sikh sovereign

state.

It is vitally important that the world acknowledges the plight of the Sikhs

and the genocide that they have been subjected to by the supposed democracy

of india, by raising awareness we will be fulfilling our commitment to all

those who have suffered and those who gave their lives for us. With the

world in the dark 'Panjab's' will continue, look at Gujrat, only by raising

awareness will india be exposed and think twice before dealing with its

minorities with impunity. Frankly it is the good fortune of

the Jewish people that this sort of thinking wasn't prominent following the

holocaust.

If anyone has the chance to read cynthia mahmoods book please do..i read the

first few chapters and i was so touched and hurt at the treatment these

gursikhs received..until i read chapters later on, and realised some of

these "freedom fighters" were infact wrong in their actions i.e one singh

strapped bombs to a child and sent him in the middle of a hindu village

(because they were saying derogatory comments towards sikhs.)

Based on what you have written, it seems you managed to change your stance

on this issue in one turn of a chapter of one book. Firstly the book you mention is a well researched, well written and

impartial study of people who were involved in the liberation movement of

Panjab and subsequently escaped to find asylum in the west. Those that have

a pro-india stance would be less appreciative of this book as it points to many

truths that contradict standard indian propaganda.

Sikh-fauge, I do not know how many other books, articles, reports you have

read on the subject, I can assure you there are many, such as Who are the

Guilty (1984), Voices, Sikhs of the Punjab(1995),the nations tortured

body(2001),india and khalistan (1991),india commits suicide(1992),

Operation blue star(1993),Punjab to Khalistan(1987)

Aftermath of bluestar(1992),eye witness account of bluestar(1999),

chakravyuh web of indian secularism(2000)

Sikh in history(2000),The gallant defender(1999), politics of genocide

(1999) from a Scarred City (1985), Punjab Crisis and Human Rights (1985), The

Turning Point (1985), Oppression in Punjab (1986), I Swear An Indian

Torture Chamber (both published 1990), India Kills the Sikhs (1991) as well

as numerous Amnesty International, asia watch, physicians for human rights,peoples union for civil liberties

and HRW Report's to name but a few.

My point is that a subject of such fundamental importance and complexity

should not be determined on the reading of any one book. Further you either

embellish the contents of the book to suit your prejudice or at least you

have treated the subject trivially enough to not even read this book

properly, what you describe above is in fact not true.

The book recounts that the bomb was strapped to a bicycle and not a child as you contend further

the 'bike bomb' was left in a bazaar (market) there is no mention of any 'hindu village'.

The way that you have manipulated the text of the book is disappointing, you also

omit the summarisation of the author at the end of the chapter when she examines

the motivations behind such a bombing..."Dramatic acts of violence as Franz Fanon noted,

have the capacity to jolt the silent masses into an awareness of their power. This experience of sudden

empowerment seems to overcome hesitations relating to concerns for victims, on the part of both

perpetrators of the violent acts and the audiences who applaud them. Were the sense of disempowered

not so strong, acts of violent empowerment would not resonate as they do in the khalistani Sikh community virtually all of whose members assert the primacy of moral considerations in the separatist struggle".

Further the author speaking publicly a year after the release of her book had this to say....

Cynthia Keppley October 1998

India is one of the most deeply unequal societies the world has ever known.

It is the type case for anthropologists and sociologists teaching about

rigid stratification systems, the polar end on the scale of social

hierarchy. It is hardly surprising that this system spawns periodic

violence. No amount of cultural relativism can explain away the degraded

circumstances of India’s millions of Untouchables, for whom the intricacies

of the religious philosophy that defines their status mean very little. How

much does it mean to an Indian Muslim that the state which failed to protect

his place of worship at Ayodhya from Hindu mobs proclaims itself to be

liberal and secular, to protect all faiths equally ? The claims of spiritual

depth and democratic commitment so celebrated in India don't ring true for

Dalits or for Muslims, for whom more concrete images of personal humiliation

and crumbled mosques eclipse all religious and political rhetoric. And for a

Sikh, the insult to the Guru that occurred in June of 1984 gives lie to

every government statement of support for the rights and freedoms of

minority communities

Despite all I have said just now, I want to make the assertion that although

the Khalistan movement is full of flaws and although its religious character

renders it alien to many of us in the West, and although it is chaotic and

can never be reduced to a kind of flow-chart military model – something I

once tried to produce for my book but had to give up quickly – the Khalistan

movement is in its essence a political and not a criminal movement...

To return to my opening remarks about the character of India, let me say that

when one looks at the broader, sub-continental context of Sikh insurgency,

one is brought to the inevitable conclusion that what we have here is a

political order that has hovered around the threshold between majoritarian

democracy and proto-fascism, and when it slips toward the latter it sparks

armed resistance.

Let me say this clearly. ‘The rhetoric of terrorism’,

carrying all the heart-pounding connotations of psychopathology and

monstrousness, covers up the plain fact that it is regular human beings who

have been pushed to involvement in the Khalistan movement by the

circumstances of late twentieth century India.

As long as we are unable to

see India for what it is, blemishes and all, we will be unable to see

Khalistanis and others like them as anything other than ‘terrorists’ beyond

reason and beyond redemption.

More significant, however, is the fact that the initial grievances of the

Khalistanis have not been resolved, and have been topped by fifteen years of

government excesses that have alienated a large proportion of the Sikh

population irrevocably. It is my considered judgement that eventually

tensions will rise once again – maybe in the form of the Khalistan movement

or maybe in some other form. I think it would be naive and shortsighted to

suggest that the current relative quiet means, in fact, ‘peace and normalcy’..

Last weekend, at another meeting, someone asked me whether, if the original

grievances of the Sikhs were resolved, a true peace and normalcy could be

established in Punjab. I had to say honestly that I did not think this was

the case. Had a greater measure of autonomy been granted Punjab and other

regions at the time of Independence, these Centre-periphery tensions might

have been avoided. But now a great deal of damage has been done, and much of

that damage does not relate to hydroelectricity, agricultural pricing, or

Chandigarh, but to the deeply wounded pride of a people. I do not know

whether the sentiments of these people who have experienced every sort of

fear, pain and degradation, can ever be brought round to a feeling of

pan-Indian pride and solidarity. I do know that any hope of the long-term

integration of the Sikhs with the nation of India will have to be based on a

full and fair accounting of the past fifteen years of atrocities. The

spiritual cleansing offered by a Peoples Commission might not be enough, but

it is a critical start in my opinion....)

There is two sides to a story...)

This is a comment that tries to suggest that their is somehow some parity between the Sikh experience and that of the GOI or indian people, there is no parity whatsoever. India was the aggressor and instigator, the vast majority of civilian victims were Sikh, those imprisoned,raped and tortured by the police and army were Sikh, those disappeared, killed in 'encounters', imprisoned for years without trial were and are Sikhs, bluestar desecrated the most holy shrine of the Sikhs, all victims of the Nov pogroms were Sikh, all those denied and still denied justice are Sikh.

Yet you contend there are two side's to the story!!

This comment only serves to strengthen my belief that your opinions are based on a rudimentary knowledge of the topic, there is therefore little to be gained by even asking why you draw such conclusions, but with further regard to this being 'a story with two side's.'

There are opinion's some are based on facts whilst others are based on misinformation, the propaganda that was used by the indian government to justify bluestar and the subsequent 'information' issued through government and army officials into the aftermath of the attack, such as numbers of militants, numbers of dead, breakdown of men women and children, damage to akal takht, numbers of arms, discovery of illicit drugs, troop casualties, arson, removal of artefacts etc.etc.etc. have all subsequently been shown to be lies, this is not a matter of opinion or open to debate they were absolute, unashamed, downright, lies. How do we know this?

Because every single piece of information issued relating to the examples above was later revised or in a number of cases completely denied.

As a small example the Indian's originally issued a statement saying that there were 49 militants taking shelter in Harmandir Sahib, Lt.Gen Brar later offered these statistics "army casualties were 83 killed and 248 wounded; terrorist and other casualties were 492 killed and 86 wounded" Yesterday 24th May speaking on the BBC programme 'after bluestar' Lt.Gen. Brar puts the number of militants at 2,000! To further add to the confusion It is noted that PM Rajiv Gandhi addressing the national union of students at Nagpur in September 1984 referred to the 700 shaheed soldiers killed executing bluestar. (I.Jaijee P.O.G.) One statistic that is unequivocal however is that more gallantry awards were given for operation bluestar than the combined awards for indias four wars of 1948;1962,1965 and 1971.

This endemic lying resonates throughout the entire period of insurgency in the Panjab and continues to the present day.

The GOI has so twisted and distorted the facts that there are those like you who will contend that their are 'two sides to the story' without really looking at the fact's.

The idea that a individual act of barbarity, although unjustifiable is comparable to the sustained, pre-meditated assault on an entire people, employing the whole might of a national army, police and intelligence network, the use of all media by government to demonise the Sikhs both nationally and internationally, the corruption of the judiciary, the suspension of the rule of law, the passing of draconian legislation, the legitimisation of extra judicial execution, the imposition of martial law, the removal of the democratic process, the immunity from prosecution of the guilty. In fact the entire machinery of the indian nation state was pitted against one of its own minority communities, India had effectively declared a war on the Sikh's.

These actions as the action of choosing to perpetrate 'bluestar' on a recognised day in the Sikh calendar belies the governments intentions. The intention of GOI was to cause maximum Sikh civilian casualties. If not the case then why June 6th? If not why half a million soldiers? If not why give total impunity to the police and army? If not why cut off all communications, effectively turning Panjab into a open prison? If not why expel all media? If not, why ban entry of UN or Human rights delegations?

The Sikh armed response in any impartial and objective summary was never one intended to impose civilian casualties, if it had been it would have been far easier to move the battle out of the Panjab and bomb any number of indian cities. If the fight had not been focused firstly on defence and later moral struggle and resistance, cell's could have disappeared at will in the vast metropolis of delhi, bangalore, calcutta, bombay. If their intention had been to inflict mass civilian casualties, it would have been far easier than facing an army on the plains of the Panjab, in many ways taking the fight out of the Panjab would not have only been more effective in hurting the GOI it would also have meant that a far higher proportion of those killed would have been hindus rather than as it was, Sikhs.

The resistance movement imposed upon itself high moral standards, in stark contrast to its opponent. The GOI would hold on to Panjab regardless of the cost both in civilian and moral term's.

If the freedom movement had adopted the same principle i.e.. victory at any cost then there can be no doubt a Sikh state would be a reality today, however could a state built in such a way ever hold legitimacy? Would the end's justify the means? As Sikhs we must say no they would not. Equally does the GOI who adopted such amoral methods in order to 'win' hold any legitimacy? No, it cannot.

The situation in Panjab was created for nothing other than political gain it was not a issue of hindu/Sikh communalism as the GOI would have us believe. It is telling that the massacre of Sikhs in Delhi and all over india was not responded to by a massacre of hindus by the Sikhs in Panjab.

Gross injustice on this scale is never forgotten, it may be quelled by brutality for a generation or even more but the history of similar movements has always shown that the state will eventually reap what it has sown. The truth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji 'Apei beej ape hei khae' is not lost on the indian state which is why every effort is now being made to tear the 'seedlings from their roots.'

Two goals, revitalising Sikhi and achieving a Sikh homeland are not mutually exclusive on the contrary, if you recall the mid 80's just after 'bluestar' Sikhi was in ascendancy all over the world. Youth that had previously not given a damn were instilled with passion and wanted to declare themselves to the world as Sikhs. It has historically always been a ' just cause' that has re-awakened the spirit of dormant

Sikhs. The creation of a Sikh nation state and the resurgence of Sikhi go hand in hand.

Gur Fateh

Sukhbir Singh

.and i think what began as a movement with

good intentions has turned into a blind ritual of shouting slogans and

leaflets. Theres no actions..only words

I think neo made an extremely important point here..people talk about

khalistan on the internet and have marches in the streets..but what REAL

action is being taken?

Im not talking about going on killing sprees (it

wouldnt acheive anything) im talking about getting jobs in politics/making

contacts/working hard,etc. Instead these khalistanis are "gyanis" and

"preachers" and all other kinds of powerless jobs (in politics.)

I too was a khalistani..until i realised we have no khalsa to have

khalistan..and we have no leaders to make this ideal feasible.

Im totally against oppression, but asking for khalistan wont stop this.

Its something we have to do politically..and 84 prooved that in india, we

cant

win fighting physically.

We have to use the pen.

Sadh sangat ji, in the words of jarnail singh bindrawale (note theres no

shaheed there )

'im not for khalistan, and neither am i against it..if they(india) handed to

us, they we will accept it.'...)

Fauge you believe that there is no progress, that nothing is done that the people involved are ill qualified to further the cause, that empty rhetoric is the order of the day?

Well much in the same way that N30 felt that there was no relief or charity work for the victims of 84 (I have included something for you N30 veer at the end of this post) because he was not aware of any, you think that nothing constructive is being achieved, that the people involved are politically naive.

Well much in the same way as N30, you are wrong.

Just because you are not aware of something does not mean it doesn't exist. read the article below I have included it on a previous post, pay particular attention to the final comment by the writer.

UK SIKHS

Blast From The Past

Potential votes get Khalistanis support from all British parties

SANJAY SURI

Just when everyone thought the Khalistan matter was dead and gone, it is

back, cleverly disguised as the Sikh Agenda produced by a group calling

itself the Sikh Secretariat. This time, not only are British leaders

listening, they're in a hurry to deliver what the Khalistanis want.

The disguise is simple but effective. The Secretariat is telling British

leaders it wants Sikhs to be given the option to enter their ethnic origin

in official data as Sikhs, not as Indians. By Home Office estimates, there

are 3.5 to 5 lakh Sikhs in Britain, now recognised as a part of the 1.2

million Indians.

The Sikh Secretariat wants official data to record their ethnicity

separately as 'Sikh', not as 'Indian'.

One change in the census form could dent that Indian population figure

significantly. And kick up a political storm in two countries.

The agenda for a separate identity in Britain overlaps with a separatist

agenda for India. The seemingly innocuous demand

British leaders are falling for is that the government find out how many

Sikhs there are, that it can't do so unless they are listed separately. But

items six and seven in the eight-point agenda make the real aim clear: lobby

for and promote the reasons to establish an independent Sikh

state—Khalistan.

These declarations would have been insignificant without the support of

senior Conservative Party leaders. Their reason is obvious. The Sikh

Secretariat has declared that they will vote for parties that deliver what

they want. The Tories stand invited to look at votes from what the

Secretariat advertises as a population of 7 lakh Sikhs.

At an annual convention of the Secretariat at the Guru Nanak Sikh Gurudwara

in Wolverhampton on September 22, shadow Tory minister for international

development and women's issues Caroline Spelman said it was "extraordinary

(British for outrageous) that the government has not cared to find out how

many of you there are". The Labour government should monitor Sikhs

separately and "if they fail, it will be a task for a Conservative

administration to deliver on".

Labour can see the votes as well. Local Labour MP Rob Marris turned up at

the Wolverhampton do to say there would be no need to wait for the 2011

census. There will be plenty of opportunities before then to list Sikhs

separately, he said.

He then turned to the Khalistan demand: "Those in the Indian subcontinent

who peacefully and democratically push for self-determination for that part

of the Indian subcontinent, their opinion for self-determination, their

right to ask for an independent Khalistan shouldn't be suppressed." Marris

said it would not be right for parties in Britain to decide whether there

should be self-determination in what he called that part of the Indian

subcontinent. "But it would be right for people to democratically and

peacefully express their opinions."

The comment elicited loud cries of "Khalistan zindabad". The gurudwara had

become something of a Khalistan centre for the day. The walls of the langar

hall were plastered with posters of Bhindranwale carrying a sten gun. There

were posters of police atrocities, K.P.S. Gill torturing Sikhs, torture

victims. Speaker after speaker praised "Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji

Bhindranwale". The Secretariat had said 10,000 would attend the rally. Only

a few hundred were around, but that was enough for the Khalistan leaders to

make their point to the Tory and Labour leaders.

The Sikh Agenda, launched at this gurudwara on September 16 last year, has

come a long way with strong Tory support. Spelman's speech followed strong

support from shadow home secretary Oliver Letwin and shadow minister Dominic

Grieve at a lobby day called by the Sikh Secretariat at Parliament on July

3. A group of Secretariat leaders then called on PM Tony Blair to present

their demands. Later, the Liberal Democrats, the third force in UK politics,

also expressed their support to the separate-listing demand.

"Just think what message this will give to them in Punjab," one of the many

Khalistani speakers said: the message that if this goes ahead, the British

don't think Sikhs are Indians. Behind the usual hot-headed speeches by the

usual Khalistanis, this move is being directed by some brilliant leaders

such as Kashmir Singh of the British Sikh Federation and Indarjit Singh, a

retired civil servant. These gently-spoken men in lounge suits are making

more headway than all those men with the sten guns.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further

(25th May 2004, 7pm, Grand Committee Room, House of Commons, London )

"It is important for all peoples that we seek not just the truth about the

events of 1984 and beyond in Panjab but that we also act for justice."

Jeremy Dear, General – Secretary, National Union of Journalists (UK)

"I offer my strongest support…to seek recognition of the progroms in

1984…Human rights violations against Sikhs over the last 20 years must be

identified, acknowledged and exposed…" Baroness Sarah Ludford, London Member

of European Parliament & Member of House of Lords (Britain)

Campaigners will tommorrow hold a PUBLIC MEETING in the House of Commons to

highlight the mass-scale slaughter of Sikh civilians in 1984 by the Indian

state. The PUBLIC MEETING will be addressed by representatives from Amnesty

International, the 1984 GENOCIDE COALITION and Members of Parliament.

The PUBLIC MEETING forms part of a sequence of campaign initiatives over

2004. These form part of a special 20th anniversary campaign to inform and

engage world opinion on the devastating events of 1984. Sikhs across the

world see 1984 as a HIDDEN GENOCIDE. Campaigners are keen to expose India's

concealed 'WAR OF REPRESSION & GENOCIDE', which they say has been conducted

behind closed doors and media censorship from 1984 to 1995. Amnesty

International and various UN Human Rights inspectors, have been barred from

India for many years.

British Campaigners have been working actively to engage support in the

House of Commons and European Parliament in support of a COMMISSION FOR

TRUTH & JUSTICE into the 1984 mass-scale slaughter. Many MPs have signed

three Commons motions - 662,663 & 664 on the subject, and similarly 30 MEPs

have signed a European WRITTEN DECLARATION.

Further public events are to follow over the next three weeks. This includes

a vigil outside 10 Downing Street on 4th June and a mass public

demonstration (London) on 6th June.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In summary much is being done, there will always be people like yourself who are fatigued and can no longer be bothered, the reaction of such people is invariably to voice criticism from the sidelines rather than involving themselves.

It is only too easy to blame others rather than looking at oneself, if the movement isn't as you see it 'working' then either do something about it or acknowledge that in your already complicated and demanding life this subject is not a high priority.

What you should not do is assume because you are unable to fit this into your schedule others cannot or others should not because you see it as futile posturing on their part.

I understand your apathy but speaking frankly the fickle nature of your comment " i too was a khalistani.." leads me to say you have made the correct decision to concentrate on issues that, as you see them are closer to home. I do not know how old you are or anything else about your background but believing in something like the right to self determination is a belief in a fundamental principle no different from believing in the equality of all men as example.

Not something you believe in today but change your mind about tomorrow.

Remember fauge the struggle continues, it can take decades, it can take different form's whether its the AK or the ballot box depends more on the global picture at the time. I think most Sikhs in the UK at least support the concept whether it be as an ideology or a reaction to the indian state injustice against the Sikhs over the past twenty years and more but there is

at this time a great deal of general apathy.To return to the groundswell of support of the mid and late eighties will require the indians to commit another huge and public atrocity against the Sikh nation unfortunately this is not a question of if but when.

There is no one in their right mind who would want to see this happen but as I have said it is as inevitable as the reaction. I listen to Sikhs say that they do not support 'khalistan' in some ways the term has been so maligned

by the power's that by over such a long period I am not surprised, but if they do not support the creation of a independent Sikh state than they are simply waiting to be dealt another blow by a state that cares nothing for it's minorities least of all those that it considers 'the enemy within'

There is of course, to india, a acceptable Sikh identity as espoused by the popular media of the day which wastes no time in remodelling the Sikh ethos to fit indias need and there is no doubt there are those who feel that we

can forget the past and carry on but for all their good intentions they are missing the point.

Our future is not dependent on our behaviour towards the majority rather it is the reverse our future is dependent on their behaviour towards us. You know the real irony of the 84 Sikh massacres in Delhi? The victims were the

indian text book Sikhs largely Hindi speaking, non-secessionist urbanites more partial to the Mahabharat than any talk of Sikh sovereignty, they considered themselves indians, did that help/save them?

You know the answer to that question you see regardless of their attempts at integration they were considered different, aliens if you will, to be taught a lesson and of course clearly visible as Sikhs.

Listening to a program titled 'after bluestar' on the BBC world service yesterday Mark Tully whilst visiting Harmandir Sahib asked why the white marble walkway in a particular area was stained red, the sewadar that was accompanying Tully said this is where the bodies of Sikh pilgrims murdered by the indian army were piled one upon each other before the municipal (rubbish) trucks were sent in by the army to collect the bodies, Tully asked 'there still red from the blood?' (sewadar) 'Yes' (Tully) 'after twenty years its still red, haven't you tried to wash it off?' (sewadar) 'we have tried everything but it will not wash away'....

Hearing that it made my think that even that inanimate marble has greater depths of love than many of us, after twenty years it has not denied, it has not forgot it still bears testimony to the blood of innocents, do you?

Gur Fateh

Sukhbir Singh

N30 as requested,

You can send your donations now and there are some stories of the brothers and sister's these good people help.

Gur Fateh

Sukhbir Singh

Gur-Aasra Trust,

#3133,

Phase-7,

Mohali,

Punjab

The Trust has got its own website www.guraasra.com. You can get more

information about the trust from the website.

106)-

Amanjot Kaur

D/o Shaheed Dr. Sukhchain Singh

Age - 13 years

Class - VIII

Brief History:- Her father, the only son of his parents, was a professional

doctor in his village-Maan Khaire, Distt. Gurdaspur. He was blamed that he

used to treat the militants. Due to this reason, he was third degree

tortured by Punjab Police infront of his whole family including Amanjot at

his residence itself. When he was badly injured and was near to death, he

was shooted somewhere outside. His dead body was also not given to his

family members. Not only this, one of her cousin brothers and two uncles

were also killed likely by Punjab Police in different incidents. It was a

sign of hatred towards Sikh Community that these incidents took place. There

was no earning member left in her family. Amanjot, with her sister, brothers

and mother is living in Gur Aasra Trust for the last three years. She is

very good in her studies and recites Gurbani Kirtan and Dhadhi Varan. At

present, she is studying in Sant Isher Singh Public School under the

guardianship of Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.)

107)-

Rajmeet Kaur

D/o Shaheed S. Sarabjeet Singh

Age - 14 years

Class - X

Brief History:- Being strongly affected by the Operation Bluestar (attack on

Darbar Sahib), her father became a militant. After sometime, he became a

great Lt.General of Khalistan Liberation Army. He was martyred in a Police

encounter on February 26, 1992 near Dhaliwal, Gurdaspur . Her family faced a

lot of problems after his death. Related to Ramgarhia Community, they have

not got any land or any other source of income. Rajmeet is living in Gur

Aasra Trust with her mother for the last three years. She is good in her

studies. She also recites Gurbani Kirtan (especially Dhadhi Varan) and plays

Gatka well. At present, she is studying in Sant Isher Singh Public School

under the guardianship of Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.).

Preet Kaur

D/o Late S. Mahander Singh

Age - 19 years Class - B.A. Ist year,

Diploma in Computers

Brief History:- She belongs to a nice reputed and a prosperous family. But

their whole business and property were ruined during the Anti-Sikh Riots of

1984. Her parents also became the victims of the riots. These were not

actually riots but was pre-planned conspiracy to finish the Sikh Community.

For sometime, she stayed with her relatives in Delhi. But because of their

denial and negligence, she is now staying in Gur Aasra Trust. Her brother is

also living with her in the Trust. She is studying in B.A. Ist year as well

as doing Diploma in Computers. She is good in reciting Gurbani Kirtan and

Dhadhi Varan. At present, she is studying in Panjab University, Chandigarh

102)-

Randeep Kaur

Age - 19 years

Class - B.A. Ist year

Brief History:- Her father was a reputed employee of Railway Police. Punjab

Police got him involved in false cases. So, he ran away from his house and

became a militant. He was martyred in a Police encounter February 26,1992 .

Her family suffered a lot after his death. They have not got any land or any

other source of income. She is living in Gur Aasra Trust for the last three

years. She is good in her studies especially in Fine Arts. She also recites

Gurbani Kirtan and Dhadhi Varan. She is suffering from some brain problems

and her treatment is going in PGI through the Trust. At present, she is

studying in Govt. College, Mohali under the guardianship of Gur Aasra Trust

(Regd.).

Gurbaksh Singh

S/o Shaheed Dr. Swaran Singh

Age - 17 years

Class - X

Brief History:- His father was a doctor in Indian Army. He practiced

privately after his retirement in his village itself. He was badly beaten

and brutally killed by some Hindu militants by attacking him in his house

itself on Dec.25, 1994 in Haryana State. Gurbaksh is the eye witness of the

whole case. He was at home when his father was attacked and killed. A

patient who was completly blind, and had come to his father for treatment,

was also killed. Gurbaksh was also beaten but he somehow managed to flee

away from there. Till today the signs of wounds are there on his body. He is

living in Gur Aasra Trust for the last three years. The trust is itself

facing some problems regarding him since he is the eye witness of the whole

case. This case is still under trial in the Punjab and Haryana High Court in

Chandigarh. He is staying in the residential branch of Amritsar and studying

in class X. He is also taking the training of Taekwondo And Karate.

152)-

Gurmeet Singh

S/o Shaheed S. Paramjeet Singh

Age - 17 years

Class - X

Brief History:- His father was the only son of his parents. Their whole

property and assets were ruined and looted in the Anti-Sikh riots of 1984 in

U.P. His father then came to Punjab and became a militant in order to take

his revenge. He was martyred in a Police encounter with five other young

militants on May 21, 1992 near Anandpur Sahib. His grandparents (mother and

father of his father) could not tolerate this and died soon after his

father's death. They did not have any other source so he is living with his

sisters, brother and mother in Gur Aasra Trust for the last three years. He

is good in karate and is studying in residential branch in Amritsar under

the guardianship of Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.).

Amritpal Singh

S/o Shaheed S. Rashpal Singh Shandra

Age - 8 years

Class - II

Brief History: He is the younger one of a very famous militant Rashpal Singh

Shandra, who was the chief of Bhindranwala Tiger Force. He was martyred in a

Police encounter near Ludhiana

on June 11, 1992. Amritpal's grandfather Shaheed S. Ranjit Singh was also

martyred in a false Police encounter. On the next day after the death of his

father Rashpal Singh Shandra, his mother Mrs. Amarjit Kaur and grandmother

(Nani) were picked up by Police. Till today, it is not known that how did

the police actually killed them. After the martyrdom of his father, mother,

grandfather and grandmother (Nani) he is living in Gur Aasra Trust for the

last three years and studying in residential branch in Amritsar under the

guardianship of Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.).

Simranjeet Singh

S/o Shaheed S. Avtar Singh Padhri

Age - 6 years

Class - I

Brief History:- His father was a very famous leader of the militant

organisation Babbar Khalsa. He was martyred in a Police encounter on April

14, 1994. His mother, Rajwinder Kaur, was of 15 years when she was married

to this militant and was of 16 years when she became a widow. Simranjeet

took birth after the death of his father. Simranjeet's Uncle S. Dhian Singh,

aged 14 years, a student of Matric, was killed by Black Cats by torturing

him in third degree. Gur Aasra Trust is facing a lot of problems to keep

Simranjeet and his mother safe. Simranjeet is quite sharp and plays Gatka

very well in such a small age. At present, he is studying in Class I in

Hemkunt Public School under the guardianship of Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.).

155)-

Fateh Singh

S/o Shaheed Dr. Swaran Singh

Age - 16 years

Class - 10 + 1

Brief History:- His father was a doctor in Indian Army. He practiced

privately after his retirement in his village itself. He was badly beaten

and brutally killed by some Hindu militants by attacking him in his house

itself on Dec.25, 1994 in his village Jamalpur Sheikhan in Haryana State. A

patient who was completly blind, and had come to his father for treatment,

was also killed. This case was taken up on the international level and was

criticised by all Human Rights Organisations. The case is still under trial

in the Punjab and Haryana High Court in Chandigarh and the seven accused

persons are still under Judicial custody in jail. He and his brother have

been tried to be killed by the Hindu militants on several ocassions. The

trust is itself facing some problems to keep them safe. He is living in Gur

Aasra Trust for the last three years with his mother. At present, he is

studying in XIth class in Govt. College, Mohali under the guardianship of

Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.).

156)-

Sarabjeet Singh

S/o Late S. Mahander Singh

Age - 15 years

Class - VIII

Brief History:- He belongs to a nice reputed and a prosperous family. But

their whole business and property were ruined during the Anti-Sikh Riots of

1984. His parents also became the victims of the riots. These were not

actually riots but was pre-planned conspiracy to finish the Sikh Community.

For sometime, he stayed with his relatives in Delhi. But because of their

denial and neglifence, he is now staying in Gur Aasra Trust. His sister is

also living with him in the Trust. He is studying in class VIII in the

residential branch of Amritsar under the guardianship of Gur Aasra Trust

(Regd.).

103)-

Bhupinderjeet Kaur

D/o Shaheed Jathedar Ranjit Singh Ballagan

Age - 18 years

Class - B.A. Ist year

Brief History:- Her father was a Head Granthi in the famous and old

Organisation of Sikh Panth called Budha Dal. When the head of this

Organisation Santa Singh became a spy of the Delhi Government, the entire

Sikh community made Ranjit Singh as the Head of the Organisation. Sant

Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale and Sri Akal Takht Sahib also recognised

him as the Jathedar of the Budha Dal. On the ocassion of Shahidi Jor Mela in

Fatehgarh Sahib in December-1985, he with his three followers were brutally

murdered by the followers of Santa Singh. Her nanaji, Jathedar Mohan Singh

was also killed by the followers of Santa Singh in 1989. Her mother

Simranjeet Kaur was re-married to her uncle Sukhdev Singh (brother of

Shaheed Ranjit Singh) with the advice of their relatives and friends.

Sukhdev Singh became the Lt.General of Khalistan Liberation Army and became

quite famous in a very short time-period with his work. He was martyred in a

Police encounter on Feb-3, 1992. Her mother still remained widow.

Bhupinderjeet's father, step-father and nanaji became the victims of this

Genocide. But facing a lot of difficulties, she is quite intelligent in her

studies.

104)-

Sandeep Kaur

Age - 18 years

Class - B.A. Ist year

Brief History:- Her father was a Lt. General of Khalistan Liberation Army.

He became quite famous with his actions in a very short time. He was

martyred in a Police encounter on February 26,1992. This family had to face

a lot of difficulties during his lifetime and after his martyrdom. Punjab

Police ruined their assets and property. She is staying in Gur Aasra Trust

for last three years. She is good in sports, plays hockey well. She is also

good in Gurbani Kirtan and Dhadi varan. She plays Gatka also well. At

present, she is studying in Govt. College, Mohali under the guardianship of

Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.).

109)-

Lovpreet Kaur

D/o Shaheed S. Avtar Singh Kahthunangal

Age - 8 years

Class - II

Brief History:- Her mother, Mrs. Sukhwinder Kaur was married to S. Avtar

Singh Kathunangal at a small age of 16 years. S. Avtar Singh was a very

famous militant and was the Lt.General of Khalistan Liberation Army. About

four months after their marriage, S. Avtar Singh was martyred in a police

encounter on April 21, 1991. Lovpreet took birth seven months after the

martyrdom of his father. Her mother is living in her parental village. Her

grandmother (Naniji) is already a widow. This family has faced such a

torture by Punjab Police that it cannot be explained. Moreover, there is no

male member left in this family. Lovpreet is studying under the guardianship

of Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.), but the Trust is worried about her mother who

became a widow in such a small age.

110)-

Sukhraj Kaur

D/o Shaheed S. Satnam Singh Changiara

Age - 8.1/2 years

Class - I

Brief History:- Her mother, Mrs. Sawinder Kaur was also married to Shaheed

S. Satnam Singh Changiara in a very small age. S. Satnam Singh was the

Lt.General of the very famous militant organisation called Bhindranwala

Tiger Force. He was martyred in a police encounter with his friends in

January 1991. Sukhraj Kaur took birth on July 11, 1991, about seven months

after the matyrdom of her father. Her uncle, S. Mohan Singh (Brother of

Shaheed S. Satnam Singh) is missing till date and his dead body was also not

found. Her grandfather S. Dara Singh (Dadaji) was killed by Black Cats. Her

grandfather (Nanaji) also became the victim of Genocide. At present, Sukhraj

is studying in Class I in Hemkunt Public School under the guardianship of

Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.).

153)-

Rana Gurwinder Singh

S/o Shaheed S. Sarabjeet Singh Uppal

Age - 16 years

Class - X

Brief History:- His father was an active leader in the famous organisation

Akal Federation since 1982. He was sent to jail by Punjab Police by

involving him in false cases. Being irritated by all this, he joined the

militant organisation Khalistan Commando Force and became its Lt.General.

His actions became so famous that his head was rewarded for Rs.25 lakhs by

Punjab Govenment. He was marytred in a police encounter on November 16,

1990. Rana Gurwinder Singh is studying in Class X under the guardianship of

Gur Aasra Trust (Regd.).

154)-

Palwinder Singh

S/o Shaheed S. Surjan Singh

Age - 15 years

Class - VIII

Brief History:- His father became a militant after the attack on Darbar

Sahib in 1984. He worked for various militant organisations. After sometime,

he became the famous leader of the organisation named Babbar Khalsa. He was

martyred very bravely in an encounter with Punjab Police and Indian Army. He

was saluted for his bravery by the Commander of the Army after his

martyrdom. On the other side, Punjab Police kept an eye of hatred towards

his family. Two uncles of Palwinder (brothers of Shaheed S. Surjan Singh)

were martyred by Punjab Police in different false encounters. At present,

there are four widow ladies in his family including his mother, Mrs. Kuldip

Kaur. He is studying in Class VIII in the residential branch of Amritsar

Name: Jasdeep Singh

Father: shaheed Lakhwinder Singh

Class :

Brief History:- Jasdeep Singh was not even born when the black cats of

punjab police martyred his father Shaheed Lakhwinder Singh of village Kotla

Shahia Distt Gurdaspur December 1991 in front of his mother. He was born

about three month after the death of his father His grand father and mother

also died due to the shock of the untimely death of their son. He is

survived only by his mother who is making both the end meet with great

dificulty by doing embroidery and tailoring job Jasdeep singh is staying in

Gur Aasra Trust and studtying in good school .Gur Aasra Trust is also

sendingh his mother finacial help in the form of monthly pension.

Name Paramjit singh

Father shaheed balbir singh

Age 10 years

Class iv

Brief History:- his father was s balbir singh went to village to bring the

diesel on tractar .on the way he was martyred by crpf personnel not only

this about five personnel (innocent )were killed along with him.His son

parmjit singh was about two months old.After his death his mother

went to her maternal village kairon and his sister sukhwinderkaur went to

her in law's

Name livtar singh

Father's name shaheed Ram singh

age 12 years

class 6th

Brief history a renowned press reporter of aaj di awaaj and ajeet newspaper

and distt Secertery of punjab human rights orgnisation shaheed ram singh

bling was abducted while going to jullundher by punjab police and

subsequently martyred under a planned conspiracy in such a way that his

whereabouts were not known till today.son of a poor farmer was after doing

his M.A in E nglish and diploma in a renowned writer known for his struggle

for fundamental rights and truth was silenced for ever.complete writer

community could not do much even after the great struggle.gur aasra trust

has taken the responssibility of education and complete lookafter of livtar

singh and sending finacial help to the widow mother in the form of monthly

pension.

Name prabhjot singh

Father subhwinder singh bhatti

age 12

class vii

brief history 12 ,May 1994 would be known as black day in the punjab history

when shaheed subhwinder singh advocate who used to fight the cases for the

millitants was abducted from the bus by black cats of punjab police.despite

the strikes and interference of indian and

foreign advocates his where abouts, regarding when and where this great

personality was martyred, are not known till today.the able son of a great

father is studying in good school in mohali.gur aasra trust has taken the

complete responssibilty for his studies.

Name Sikander singh

father shaheed jaimal singh

age 8 years

class III

brief history: his father shaheed jaimal singh was martyred near village

talwandi tehsir patti distt amritsar in a fake police encounter her mother

baljeet kaur remarried with the concent of gur aassra trust obviously the

sikander singh has become an orphan.he studying under the guardianship of

gur aasra trust since last few years in good school in s a s nagar.

Name : Talwinder singh

Father Makhan singh alias maha singh

Age 12 years

class iv

Brief History:-his father was renowned activist of B.T.F .he was arrested

and torchered by the punjab police in front of his family members at village

kotli bawa ram distt hosiarpur.afterwards he was dragged by tying with the

vehical and martyred.widow of shaheed makhan singh remarried herself and his

son talwinder singh is studying under the guardianship of gur aasra trust.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the geonocide of Sikh Qaum so many sikh youths were slaughted by the

government Mother Lakhmir kaur family is one of those rare family who bore

the burnt of police atrocities.Beside her husband S Harjit singh she was

having a son Balwinder singh and daughter.S Harjit singh decided to marry

his daughter and subsequently fixed her marriage.Mata lakhmit kaur along

with her son was going to her relatives in village Bhoma on the way near to

village Talwandi-Rama. Police stoped the bus in which they were

travelling.Police was in searchof S.Balwinder Singh allawalpur thana. Shri

Hargobindpur.All sikh youths were searched by the police when Balwinder

singh told his where about without proper inquiry they put the balwinder

singh,after tieing his mouth and handsand feets, in police vehical where two

more youths were already lying .No body was there to help the crying

mother.Police took all of them and all three were gun down near the village

Kathiale.When grieved parents along with other renowned persons asked for

the dead body they were refused .When they asked the reasons.The police told

that they were in search of Balwinder singh Allawalpur thana Hargobindpur

who was a millitant.Point to remember here that Mata Lakhmir kaur's village

was Allawalpur which fall under thana Dera Baba Nanak .Balwinder singh was

the student of 10+2 class who fell the vicitim of police negligence and was

a state level sportsman.S Harjit singh lost his sense after hearing the

shocking news and died after 20-22 days.After this relatives refused to

marry her daughter.After 2 years when mother arranged her marriage.But after

about 8 months her son-in-law also died under mysterous circumstances.Now

mother Lakhmir kaur has filed a petion in court about the murder of his lone

son. This is the reason that today also police does not allow her live

peacefully. Gur Aasra Trust is sending finacial asistance in the form of

monthly pension and giving her a helping hand in sorting out her domestic

problems.

Bibi Dalbir kaur was married to S Kulwant singh of village Dulla Nangal

Distt Gurdas Pur.She had suffered for endless sufferings her only fault was

that she was the sister of Shaheed Satnam singh Chhina who was the activist

of Bhindran wala Tiger Force. Her parents and other brothers remain in

police custody and bore the burnt of police atocities the police not left

even her husband and father-in-law and kept them in illigle police custody

and torchered them till the time Satnam singh remained deserter .The husband

of Bibi Dalbir kaur was torchered so much that he could not bear the police

torchering and died 2-3 months before his brother-in-law Satnam singh

Chhina. After some times of the death of Satnam singh police picked up his

younger brother and his newly married wife and killed even their dead bodies

were not given to the grieved parents. and S kulwant singh father of Satnam

singh could not bear the shock of death of his son in law and son and his

wife and and left this world forever.Bibi's story of sorrows does not end

here after the death of her husband Even she was asked to leave her

father-in-law's house.Due to some other difficulties her other relatives

also could not give her shelter for rest of her life and she along with her

two children Narinder singh and Jaswinder kaur approached Gur Aasra Trust

.Now Bibi Dalbir kaur and her son and daughter are staying in Gur Aasra

Trust. Both the children are studying in good school in Mohali.

Bibi Amarjit kaur was the lone daughter of her parents who became widow in

her young age. Her parents were haveing seven sons, But none of them

survived due to one or another reasons.Bibi Amarjit kaur was married to S.

Narinder singh of village vagewal,Distt Amritsar. She could stay for few

months with her husband because Bhai Narinder singh fell the victim of the

criminal wave. Punjab police picked him from Kathu Nangal. Where he was

torchered for so many days. At last the renowned persons from villages

approached the police officers and got him released after telling them that

Bibi Amarjit kaur health is not good and in advance stage of her perganancy,

but few days police again picked up S Narinder singh again on 09 April 1993

and martyred in police custody and even his dead body was not given .Bibi

Amarjit kaur was made to suffer this unprecedent and unbearable shocks and

gave birth the Amritpal singh before normal time (prematurely ) S Amritpal

singh is now studying in good school in Mohali with help of Gur Aasra Trust

and also sending finacial help in the form of monthly pension but Gur Aasra

Trust is worried about the future of the Bibi Amarjit kaur who is in his

young age.

Bibi Rajwant kaur was married to Shaheed Barjinder singh Lattu of village

Nawan Katra Distt Gurdaspur.Bhai Barjinder singh was man of religious

nature.In 1984 when Indian Government attacked the Shri Harmander Sahib

under planned consipiracy and on the other hand Sikh Youths were booked by

framing false cases,sameway Bhai Barjinder singh was sent to prison.After

staying for long time when he came back and wanted to lead a peaceful life

but Police carried on harassing him.In 1991 he was traped in a false case

again and sent to prison and stayed there for more than a year. Bhai

Baljinder singh was killed in fake police encounter near village Shaahpur

Jajan Chakki (dera baba nanak). Bibi Rajwant kaur is having two sons namely

Ranjodh Singh and Jagtar Singh. Both are studying with the help of Gur Aasra

Trust (regd), Mohali and bibi Rajwant kaur is givin monthly pension as

finacial aid.

Bibi Raj kaur's fathers Tahel singh was a cancer patient died before her

marriage .Mata Avtar kaur decided to releive helself from the family

responssibility and married her with S Kuldip singh of Varrpal village Distt

Amritsar.At the time of marriage the Kuldip singh was student of 10th class

.As Kuldip singh grown up and in the top of his life .Under the planned

genocide of sikh qaum ,sikh youths were the main target of government of the

time.S Kuldip singh fell vicitim of same consipiracy and police started

harassing him . police used to harass the Kuldip singh's parents and Bibi

Raj kaur their only fault was that they used to serve food to police

harassed youths .During this period Bibi Raj kaur gave birth to Kulwinder

kaur.After getting fed up from police humiliation Kuldip singh became

millitant .After about one year, Along with four sikh youths S Kuldip singh

was shot dead in police encounter and dead bodies of these 5 precious sikh

youths were creamated by police .Death of young son in front of old aged

parents is considered to be biggest tragedy in the world S Kuldip singh was

merely 20 years old at the time of his death.Bibi Raj kaur gave birth to S

Lakhwinder singh after her husband's death .It is very dificult for a widow

to take the responssiblity without any source of income.Gur Aasra Trust has

given her shelter and she is staying in Gur Aasra Trust since three

years.Lakhwinder singh is 8 years and Kulwinder kaur 10 years old are

studying in good school in Mohali with the help of Gur Aasra Trust.Gur Aasra

Trust is worried about the future of Bibi Raj kaur.

Bibi Sukhwinder kaur is the eldest among her eight sisters and is not having

any brother .Her father was died when she was in her chilhood.When she grew

up her mother decided to marry her with Avtar singh of village KathuNangal

Distt Amritsar who was very handsom promised his mother-in-law that he will

share all their sorrows and other family responssibilities like thier real

son.After just four months of the marriage, Punjab police arrested S Avtar

singh from village Kala Afganan on 21 april 1991 and under the supervision

of SSP police of Fatehgarh Churian he was torchered and killed him in fake

police encounter. After 7 months of the death of Shaheed Avtar singh Bibi

Sukhwinder kaur gave birth to Lavpreet kaur on 22 nov 1991.After her

husband's death She could not stay at her in law's house and also nobody had

tried and she came back to her parental village Nawan Verronangal .Now

Lavpreet kaur is studying in Mohali in a good school with the help of Gur

Aasra Trust. Gur Aasra Trust is sending finacial help in the form of monthly

pension .But Sukhwinder kaur is in very young age and it is very difficult

for him to pass rest of her life. Gur Aasra Trust is worried about her

future.

Mata Surjit kaur is the mother of three martyres,S Surjan singh,Avtar singh

and Piara singh who were killed during milltancy period .Her husband was

killed in accident long back.She alone brought up her three sons with great

difficulties but in 1984 under the planed consipiracy the government

attacked the Golden Temple Shri Harmandir Sahib the elder son S Surjan singh

was Nihang Singh who along with other people of villaage were going to

Darbar Sahib to show their unhappiness but after brief encounter with army

,They were arrested and torchered after taking to the army camp and when

left after few months Police started unnecesarily, to get rid off this

mishappening S Surjan singh went to neighbour country as there was nobody to

listen the grievences.When he came back after about two years Police again

arrested and sent him to prison From there he was released after about two

years. For seeing in no relent in police torchering he decided to fight for

justice and became millitant.At last he was killed in Police encounter

in1992.Not only this,whole of his family and relatives were torchered by the

Punjab police by keeping them in illigle police custody.Which was gross

voilation of human rights in itself and Bibi Kuldip kaur wife of Surjan

singh was pregnent in 1984 and remained in illigle police custody and made

to suffer the burnt of Police atrocities which effected the unborn child

also Afterward she gave birth to Palwinder singh who is studtying 8th class

with the help of Gur Aasra Trust in Mohali who is also under going

psychological treatment and same is the condition of the younger one

(Jatinder singh).S Avtar singh and his family Bibi Kulwant kaur and children

were also torchered and S Avtar singh died under mystereous circumstaces and

the youngest son Piara singh was killed in fake police encounter before S

Surjan singh whose wife along with two children is staying in Gur Aasra

Trust who is worried about her old Mother in law and children .The grandsons

and grand daughters of mata surjit kaur are studying in good school in

Mohali.

Bibi Daljit kaur is the wife of S Ajit singh Kadian was the Distt President

of Sikh Student Federation.His policies,services and other activities were

not liked by the government.He migrated to neighbour country to get escape

from the govt consipiracy after the Operation Blue Star. When he came back

after about two years was sent to prison after framing false cases.After

releasing from prison he countinued his activities.At last,He was arrested

from his in-law house by Ftehgarh Churrian Police and after two days of

police torchering was killed in Police encounter near Fatehgarh Churrian.At

present Daljit kaur is the mother of two children (son Kirpar singh 10

years,Chanrnpreet singh 8 years).Both are studying with the help of Gur

Aasra Trust.Gur Aasra Trust is sending finacial help in the form of family

pension who is staying at Maternal village.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

sikhs have no unity meaning there will never be khalistan.

sad to see all those sacrifices made in 1984 for nothing.

I have been away from this or any forum for quite some time, owing to other commitments.

Primary to anything else what is needed is an apology, how dare you write that sacrifices were made for 'nothing'?

Did you lose anyone close to you?

Friend, relative, brother,father,sister,mother?? To qualify you to make such a comment?

You style your 'web-handle' upon the name of a weapon yet you lack any understanding of its responsibility....'all for nothing?'

Sewa is its own reward, take back your comments now, lest you continue to add insult to injury.

Gur Fateh

Sukhbir Singh