khatris and budha dal

Gurfateh ji!

I am going to make it clear and simple. The attraction to sikhi (as practiced these days) is definitely not as high as when guruji was in deh-form. It has made many who are drawn to the guru's message disillusioned and put off.

People want an alternative. To be very honest, with the corruption and bitterness I see, It is no wonder that you don't see the youth running to the gurdwara's etc. Simply put, we need to focus on being better gursikhs to our understanding and realise that everyone is not the same.

I see people from this forum getting edgy if something doesn't fit right...you must remember sikhi isn't just about ancient rituals, nor is it about a set of new rituals to break away from the old rituals. Yes, traditions have been established, and everyone has taken their own approach based on their own histiographical view and understanding.

Let people talk, let people come up with the alternative. We have far too many people who talk with a strong bias, which is not wrong or bad, but it is getting to be too much when people are being unnecessarily offensive to others.

sikhi as a "mat" encompasses alot because of the diversity of the region and people it was practiced by....many external factors would have influenced different people at different times, let us work on the essence behind it all to see the beauty of the commonality that prevades everything.

Thanks dymanic banda for your views. I asked the question because I was interested in how the samparday have gone from being traditionally being selective in the way they took students, i mean i know of no non-indian being a nirmala before modern times

This is a personal attack towards Lalleshvari. For that, you deserve your first warning unless you appolize. I ll consult with other moderators and action will be taken.

Why we think this is personal attack ???

Its because there are 3ho sikhs who are " non-jat , non-punjabi, non-indian, non-asian" but they are accepted as sikhs by other sampardha and most importantly "Akaaal Takth"- Supreme Authority of Sikhs!!! .. what makes you think he is viewed as mallesh by other sampardha's when 3ho white sikhs are not!!!!

So he is not individually consider as mallesh unless off course he acts like one!!!!!

You what? I asked lalleshvari a question which only he would be able to answer. check the words i wrote, i said 'traditionally' , i think you need to read up on history, every foreigner was considered a malesh, whether they were arabs, turks, afghans or even the brits

here a definition just for you

Tra*di"tion*al*ly, adv.

definition: [adv] according to tradition; in a traditional manner; "traditionally, we eat fried foods on Hanukah

any chance you might apologise to me..lol..

• 5 months later...
Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

So back to the actual discussion...

Why do the Nihangs distribute Amrit separately to the what they term the "Chautha Pahr" (lit. 4th step) -i.e. Rangretha Sikhs?

What is the tradition behind this and how does this compare with the famous episode of the Rajputs demanding separate Amrit and being refused?

Baba Santa Singh maybe a Khatri-Arora, however the Buddha Dal is a predominantly Jat organisation just like the SGPC, is this why we see the same bias occuring here?