About Rehraas

Just a quick question. I know the raihraas from taksaal is considered "Sampooran", and I do read that paat. I had the opportunity to go to Baru Sahib a while back and they do an even longer raihraas. I also found out that Nanaksaar also does this Raihraas. So then which is sampooran then? Did the Taksal take some Dohraa's out? The reason I am asking is that I to start readong the even longer than Taksaal Raihraas,. but I am not sure if it is the Shudh and proper Raihraas. Could someone please advise me on this.

That is the Product of Individuality....One feel the cake is better with 3 spoons of Sugar and other like 1. Does the Cake with 1 spoon of sugar any less tasty?? It depends on your individuality. Sugar is Sugar. I can't answer you question literally, but i can share what i feel is the best solution.

Remember it is not the Quantity or the length of the Padth you do, it is with the Quality you do. If one learns how to read padth with quality, then it is no longer the question of if this is the right length, but the love you do it with will be enough. If you can read one stanza with love, it will be enough or you can read the whole Gutka without love and will be of no use.

That is the Product of Individuality....One feel the cake is better with 3 spoons of Sugar and other like 1. Does the Cake with 1 spoon of sugar any less tasty??

Im hungry now.

Remember it is not the Quantity or the length of the Padth you do, it is with the Quality you do

Hmm, not quite with u, what do u mean by quality?

If you can read one stanza with love, it will be enough or you can read the whole Gutka without love and will be of no use.

Easier said then done.

Although i leave the paath to that paathis and continue with what i enjoy more.

Quality meaning the Bhaav, the Emotion, the Desire to seek fueled by your Thrist, the love behing each words that is spoke from your mouth. Not reading as a duty for the sake of reading.

It is not easy because the Urgency is not there yet, the Desire to be with waheguru has not exploded in your being.

I heard of a Story once, that a Man so intoxicated with lust for his lover, ran thru the jungle in the middle of the night, swam thru a raging river, climbed up to her room and used what he thought was a rope was actually a snake to fullfill his desire. For he became so blind that he could not see the danger he placed himself in...and it is said that if man could have a 1% of the desire towards God, he would be saved. So don't say its not easy, rather the desire is not there for the difficuly is born.

Quality meaning the Bhaav, the Emotion, the Desire to seek fueled by your Thrist, the love behing each words that is spoke from your mouth. Not reading as a duty for the sake of reading.

ok.

It is not easy because the Urgency is not there yet, the Desire to be with waheguru has not exploded in your being.

How about not wanting to do paath. I rather do something else, paath just doesnt do anything for me.

I heard of a Story once, that a Man so intoxicated with lust for his lover, ran thru the jungle in the middle of the night, swam thru a raging river, climbed up to her room and used what he thought was a rope was actually a snake to fullfill his desire. For he became so blind that he could not see the danger he placed himself in...and it is said that if man could have a 1% of the desire towards God, he would be saved. So don't say its not easy, rather the desire is not there for the difficuly is born.

1%, hmm, i'll do the running throught the jungle thing :P and the ending bit... sp thats bit more then 1% :P

I get what u mean, but wouldnt learning paath and then adapting it to real life situation help more??

I guess i dont get it cos i dont do my paath that often. When i do, i do bits n bobs and try to get a bit of the meaning rather then just sit there and think, i got to finish this.

i think its more bout understanding the Paangthees than just reciting. When i understand a shabad, and i dont understand many, i get proper high... i be buzzing... listening to it a lot. If my understanding of Gurbani was increased then i wud be in Anand for more of my day (and night). i think thats what mug probably means in one context or another. When we understand thats when it sinks in. otherwise keep headbutting the wall. it wont fall down. (unless u r sodhi and u r bigger than the wall) ha ha ha ha

think its more bout understanding the Paangthees than just reciting. When i understand a shabad, and i dont understand many, i get proper high... i be buzzing... listening to it a lot. If my understanding of Gurbani was increased then i wud be in Anand for more of my day (and night).

ok

i think thats what mug probably means in one context or another

not really, but i'll go with on this one.

When we understand thats when it sinks in. otherwise keep headbutting the wall. it wont fall down.

The understand bit. Spot On...

The headbutting bit :::no comment:::.

How about not wanting to do paath. I rather do something else, paath just doesnt do anything for me.

its the same thing...your want is your desire. If you are asking for a solution to such thoughts, then the only advice i have is Prayer. Pray that you may be blessed with the fire to seek and the love to express.

I get what u mean, but wouldnt learning paath and then adapting it to real life situation help more??

I guess i dont get it cos i dont do my paath that often. When i do, i do bits n bobs and try to get a bit of the meaning rather then just sit there and think, i got to finish this.

Ofcourse it would help more....for now im only focusing on the reading with quality, not quantity. i agree with Rakash Singh that understanding padth is important and it does help you concentrait when you actually know what you are reading. I heard a GUrsikh say once that read the Bani with the awareness that at one Time Guru's themselves spoke the words that you are reading and the words were derived from their most inner-core of their being.

You can start from either end, either with Intellectual reading by understanding their meaning or you can start with reading with love and bhaav if you don't know the meaning yet. But at one point both of these roads will cross each other and the one reading with love will begin to understand the meaning and other reading intellecutally will begin to read with love.

Which is the actuaal proper Raihraas?

listen my dear brother we sikhs have to follow what akal takth is saying (no arguments) & according to akal takth maryada raihraas starts from "sodar tayra kiha so ghar kiha ........................ nanak nam milay tan jivaa tan man thevay haryaa"

well i read some comments above stated by one brother .... saying quality does matter more then quantity, i do agree with you on this point BUT keep this is mind that we can't change quantity. this is sikh maryada & babaji did'nt even allowed their son's to change it.

it is same like that we have to stay in a school for 6 hrs no matter how much quality studying hrs we have in it.

your point is well noted veer, but the point remains, you can read how much ever you want, without any love, bhaav it cannot carry the same potential potency as it can when reading with love. You can stay in school for 10 hours and if you don't enjoy being there or want to be there simply your physical presence serves no purpose except to fill a seat.

Where your Mind is not, you are not and where the mind is so exists the potential of love and bhaav in understanding what you are reading. so if you read one page and fully understand it and then you take it to the next step and encoporate that in your life you have done your Rehrass. Simply reading from one page to another is not doing Rehraas, it is understanding, and absorbing the message and practicing it in your daily life is doing Rehraas.

Many time Gurus have said, reading and reading nothing is obtained, that is quantity bro.....Quality is aim, not quantity. Reading with Bhaav and love lets you obtain the potential of the what you are reading.

If you are speaking in terms of maryada and the Rehat then i'll leave that to the experts who have knowledge on it. I am speakin in terms of neither.

Waheguru

WELL PHEENA BROTHER i guess u should read my comments again ..... i had appreciated ur points u made on quality of reading, even babaji teaches us "kya paryeaa kya sunyeaa kya baid purana gunyeaa!! paray sunay kya hoyee jo saha na milyeaa soi!!" what i was adding in ur comments that we can't change the quantity, its like we can't make japji sahib of 10 pauries instead of 38.