Ram Raiyas and Jathedar Santa Singh of Budda Dal

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There you go, Singh47....the perfect oppurtunity. And shindasingh, may I suggest you watch the Paramount channel for a few days. Need to improve ur sense of humour bro! :mrgreen:

And as long as its goats they killng I'm sure NNS will be very happy 8)

I wasn't at the confrence, nor is that the event where my question is originating from, although I did hear of it.

My question was more or less left open ended and no real name/ties where used for a reason, the question was more or less HOW should such individuals be dealt with in the case when such comments are not made in a humourous context.

And isn't NidarSingh in NY almost every year around that time? Is there some special function that goes on?

^ what the...?

So why make the post?

Really, now that was immature wasn't it. I'm sure there were others there apart from me who heard the comment. And like I said earlier, noone in the crowd found it offensive. And we are talking about some of the best medics/doctors in the UK (+ possibly Europe) - these guys aren't brain dead. They may not know much abt Sanatan Sikhi but they can tell when someone is being offensive.

Unless some other Gurdev called him a fat slob? :?:

Question really isn't WHO.

More of a general open ended question. If I wanted to point out Niddar Singh then I would have just as easily used his name in there, but since I have little or really no provable or actual facts about it, I dont see any point in applying his name here. If it was a joke then its a joke.

I'm just wondering what the proper Marayada or action would be in dealing with those who would however do the same in a non-joking fasion.

P.S any idea what goes on NY in August? like what the event is.

Guv anyone who blaims the British for every wrong doing is British phobic.

true say.

By calling people "British influanced" or "Protestent" just because they dont agree with his/her opinion is British phobic (and narrow very minded).

that's also true.

but u haven't provided the reference. could u please do so? thank u.

& also, which valaiti gora were u referring to?

whereabouts in canada are u from? niddar singh might be going there this summer.

"that's also true.

but u haven't provided the reference. could u please do so? thank u. "

I dont want to name anyone, but a few forum members have refered to other Sikhs as "British influanced" and more recently "Protestent Sikhs". It is very unfair to judge others like this. If they are going to judge others like this, then others here are not going to hold back. I only hope that a certain mod acts fair in this whole Panga.

"whereabouts in canada are u from? niddar singh might be going there this summer."

I live in Ontario, and will Niddar Singh also teach Shastarvidya?

Mod Note: It has no relevance to this discussion veer ji and Sikhawareness does not post personal details about anyone, if people wish to know they can ask him directly. There is no need for you to post information even if it is on public websites. All irrelevant posts will be deleted.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

It has become a sterotype in that any time Nihang Singhs are mentioned, individuals such as yourself end up dragging Akali Nihang Baba Santa Singh's name and reputation through the dirt and claim it is your 'Panthic' duty to do so.

It may be inconvenient for you, undoubtedly you wish that the actions of Santa Singh were not common knowledge, but as no study of Santa Singh would be complete without discussing his collaboration with the GOI conspired 'kar seva', no discussion of the neo-nihangs would be complete without referring to Santa Singh.

Bear in mind also that his name appears in the title of this thread and so is entirely relevant, not 'dragged up' as you contend.

Rather than perversely expressing sorrow that people have a habit of scrutinising the behaviour of prominent figures, here is a novel approach for you, try defending Santa Singh's actions.

This may be akin to flogging the proverbial horse, but your no stranger to that pursuit.

He and consequently 'neo-nihangs' will never be able to escape historical record and try as you may you cannot wish it away.

The fact that Sukhbir quotes Prof Sangat Singh speaks for itself.....

Speaks of what exactly?

You may think that such a comment is in itself enough to cast an aspersion but you are, not for the first time I hasten to add, mistaken. If you have any reason to cast doubt upon Prof. Sangat Singh's reputation than I suggest you post it here.

Further despite your apparent unsubstantiated questioning of Prof. Sangat Singh as a source, the quote which I posted is neither a commentary or assessment of Santa Singh, it is merely a historic record of events running up to Santa Singh carrying out the 'kar seva' at the request of the GOI.

Is their any part of the historical record, as recounted through the quote that you can dispute?

Since the sequence of events itself as contained within the quote is available from multiple sources, I look forward to your answer.

The questions are very clear indeed, did Santa Singh carry out the 'kar seva' at the behest of the GOI?

I assume you admit this?

In that case perhaps you would be kind enough to answer a further question*.

Looked at in a historical comparative his (Santa Singhs) actions would have been equal to a

Sikh, regardless of grandeur of title and position(if anything all the

worse for it) accepting money and assistance from Ahmed Shah Abdali for

reconstruction after his destruction of Harmandir Sahib whilst allowing his

tobacco smoking, shoe wearing and in the case of the Indian army alcohol

drinking soldiers to mill around the complex whilst enforcing a curfew with

orders to shoot on sight, in the surrounding city.

**Hypothetically speaking, if there had been an individual who had carried

out such actions from that period, how do you think he would be remembered

by the Sikh community? What words do you think may be used to describe him

or his action's?**

Of course I can take it as given that the answer to these question's as any other put to you is soon to appear along with 'evidence' on one site or another.

Gur Fateh

Sukhbir Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

It may be inconvenient for you, undoubtedly you wish that the actions of Santa Singh were not common knowledge, but as no study of Santa Singh would be complete without discussing his collaboration with the GOI conspired 'kar seva', no discussion of the neo-nihangs would be complete without referring to Santa Singh.

Bear in mind also that his name appears in the title of this very thread.

Rather than expressing your sorrow that people have a irritating habit of scrutinising the behaviour of individuals, here is a novel approach for you, try defending Santa Singh's actions.

This may be akin to flogging the proverbial horse, but your no stranger to that pursuit.

He and consequently 'neo-nihangs' will never be able to escape historical record and try as you may you cannot wish it away.

Speaks of what exactly?

You may think that such a comment is in itself enough to cast an aspersion but you are, not for the first time I hasten to add, mistaken. If you have any reason to cast doubt upon Prof. Sangat Singh's reputation than I suggest you post it here.

Further despite your apparent unsubstantiated questioning of Prof. Sangat Singh as a source, the quote which I posted is neither a commentary or assessment of Santa Singh, it is merely a historic record of events running up to Santa Singh carrying out the 'kar seva' at the request of the GOI.

Is their any part of the historical record, as recounted through the quote that you can dispute?

Since the sequence of events itself as contained within the quote is available from multiple sources, I look forward to your answer.

The questions are very clear indeed, did Santa Singh carry out the 'kar seva' at the behest of the GOI?

I assume you admit this?

In that case perhaps you would be kind enough to answer a further question*.

Looked at in a historical comparative his (Santa Singhs) actions would have been equal to a

Sikh, regardless of grandeur of title and position(if anything all the

worse for it) accepting money and assistance from Ahmed Shah Abdali for

reconstruction after his destruction of Harmandir Sahib whilst allowing his

tobacco smoking, shoe wearing and in the case of the Indian army alcohol

drinking soldiers to mill around the complex whilst enforcing a curfew with

orders to shoot on sight, in the surrounding city.

**Hypothetically speaking, if there had been an individual who had carried

out such actions from that period, how do you think he would be remembered

by the Sikh community? What words do you think may be used to describe him

or his action's?**

Of course I can take it as given that the answer to these question's as any other is soon to appear along with 'evidence' on one site or another.

Gur Fateh

Sukhbir Singh

Sukhbir, from your exploits on this website it is clear that your approach to Sikh history is based on the asumption that whatever you perceive as the "truth" must therefore be the ONLY truth.

Your purpose is to defame, slander and create hatred towards Nihangs (that much is pretty evident). I hope you are successful in your venture because you certainly put a lot of effort into it.

The extent of your intellect can be summed very easily...In such an age, where Sikhs are struggling to ensure they are not tainted as terrorists to avoid being persecuted, you and others of your camp, end up promoting racial intolerance, assasinations, truancy, and physical violence towards others by promoting products such as the CD advertised on www.shaheedi.com.

I will let the upcoming article on my website speak for itself - that is unless you wish to give me money to publish my work in a text, then i am afraid you will have to refer to a website. It will answer the questions posed on this thread, with lots of evidence too. You may not agree with a lot of the evidence, for it may mean that you have to reassess your views with regards to Nihangs. No doubt it will mean a few more death threats, slander, insults, etc., from those who perceive Nihangs as "anti panthic" elements. Some of these 'Gursikhs' even choose to pick on women associated with the Akharas in the UK.

Sukhbir, should you know the individuals responsible for the threats, please ask them to send me a box of Ferrero Rocher in their next parcel (preferbly with a lovely dark blue ribbon)...

If you do a search for Narsingh's previous posts you'll see that he's been giving website excuse for a year now.

I admire your ability to make every thread on this website into an arena for personality grudge matches. First with lalleshvari, now myself. My dear 'lady', were it an "excuse" I wouldnt advertise the fact that the article is coming out this month. Stupidity may rank high amongst the character traits of people you are used to associating with, but not in this case :LOL:

You may not realise, but unlike the rumours anti-Nihang groups would like the public to believe, there is not a "gigantic army" of individuals behind the websites. As such, even though the knowledge and information is vast, the skilled manpower sadly is limited, so it takes time.

This much I can promise: once the articles have been released, you will have wished that you have never pushed for such information to be made public.... :wink:

Please continue your petty arguements, I'm sure someone will take notice...isnt there anyone else you can accuse of being anti-Sikh? You've worn out this thread already... :roll:

God Bless

This much I can promise: once the articles have been released, you will have wished that you have never pushed for such information to be made public....

Having witnessed the anger and rage of Sikhs, young and old, at the 1984 demonstration in London last Sunday, I am certain that if, in your misguided attempt to portray Santa Singh as whiter than white for his role post-Blue Star, you attempt to slander the Kharkoo Singhs who gave their lives in 1984, or try to mock Baba Jarnail Singh as you have done with other Sikhs on your shastarvidyia site, then you'll be the one wishing you'd never opened your mouth.

Moderator's Note: Part of your message was edited. Please take it over the pm.