sach khand? please dnt lock this topic

hi iwas reading this site http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?th...niadeol&sort=Te

and if u look at the comments on the msg board further down it says that people will only get to sach khand if they follow guru granth sahib? how come? and also it mensions that states like heaven will not last.. why wont they?

what is meant by sach kand?

respond quick

thanks

This is because the Guru Granth Sahib is a literal list of universal truths. There is nothing dogmatic about Guru Sahib, and as such the only way for anyone to become pure of mind is by following those teachings. If they can find it from another source(s), that's fine too... but our Guru Sahib puts all of these things into a single text.

The problem with labelling a state of "heaven" is that NO ONE knows what exactly that is. Some think of it as a place (in the clouds?), others realize it is a spiritual realm, others predict is mearly a close relationship with God, something that surpasses the physical rules that we can understand. So who knows?

this is an interesting question. i believe that khalsa4ever is onto something for real. i know that SGGSJ has mentioned the devi devtay quite often, which makes me wonder about the existence of a "heaven" type of world. i know for a fact that buddhists believe in a realm that's like heaven and one that's like hell in which we may be reincarnated depending on our karma.

but i believe that Sach Khand is something altogether different. we know that Gurbani says "Sach Khand vasai Nirankar". so since heaven and hell are quite possibly different temporary realms, God would quite possibly "reside" if i can use that word, outside of this existence.

the only thing i can think of describing what this could quite possibly be like is using buddhist philosophy and their idea of Nibanna/Nirvana. take a look at that if ur interested in heaven, hell, and where God exists even though they don't believe specifically in a God per say, which i believe would be in this state of Nibbana/Nirvana.

hi iwas reading this site http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?th...niadeol&sort=Te

and if u look at the comments on the msg board further down it says that people will only get to sach khand if they follow guru granth sahib? how come? and also it mensions that states like heaven will not last.. why wont they?

respond quick

thanks

Orchid bro,

Another excellent question! :D

I like to share with the sangat an tape summary name "Kaya Swarag, Kaya Narak Vichar" by siri man 108 sant baba ishar singh ji.

Basically he talks about how people in heaven are dropped from there to the earth when their time of the fruit (Phal) of their karam is over.

Doing bandagi of vahiguroo to get heaven is discouraged in gursikhi jeevan because:

1. Its temperal (Which good karams you did in your life whenever that karm's fruit is over you are back to the earth pursue your further advancement of your spirtual career by reincarnations, rebirts etc.

2. There is no peace of mind in heaven. Because even there is a desire. Desire of what?? Desire to get more comfort out of jealously by looking at the other's ash/araaam (Comfort).

Even inder devta which is known as swarag da raja (King of heaven) dont have peace of mind and desparetly wait for an chance to born as human to do bandagi of vahiguroo and merge with him forever like how water in the pot merges with ocean after pot is broken.

These are the two reasons in gursikhi. Doing bhagti or good karam to get heaven is strongly discouraged because its not permanent.

As bhagat kabir says in the sggs ji. I dont know the exact tuk but i can give you an idea. He goes:

Saints of vahiguroo nor care about heaven or hell. All they care to stay in vahiguroo's prem.

You check out this link to read bit more about death, life, hell, heaven, reincarnation, karma and near death expereinces cases.

url: http://sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness/viewtopic.php?t=1013

• 10 years later...

Hi Orchids,

Sat Sree Akal,

would like to answer your questions below, according to Gurmat.

and if u look at the comments on the msg board further down it says that people will only get to sach khand if they follow guru granth sahib?

Yes, because Guru Jee beautifully tells us in simple words, that to reach there, one needs to ride or board on, the only vessel which has access there, and that is His Naam.

Nanak, Naam jahaaz hae, jin chariyaa, se utaariyaa paar

how come? and also it mentions that states like heaven will not last.. why wont they?

Well, that is, because all the heavens we know, are all in the realms where parlay and maha parlay take place, while Sach Khand is beyond the region of Braham, there where, there is no trace of maya, mind or kal

Khand means realm, region, and Sach means Wahiguru, means Truth, means eternal, means pure, means permanent, means changless, means deathless, so naturally where our beloved Wahiguru resides, automatically becomes imbued with these His virtues.... Sach Khand vaseh Nirankar.

respond quick

I am sorry, it has taken me 11 years after, to come to this your post, just today .... :mellow:

thanks

you are most welcome.

Edited by harsharan000

Nicely answered !

In a way, sach khand is not really a khand level as such. The khands are realms or abodes where one stays until their works are done.....and then the ultimate final abode is the forever lasting permanent 'sachkhand' where he, the truth himself exists in his purest formless roop of 'Nirankar'.

Here, there must probably be no structures or confined spaces of nirgun forms present....but just 'NIrankar' himself.

Therefore, in a way this beyond description of a place of just Truth is itself beyond ALL the khands and realms.

It is adrisht, agochar, amol, beant, .........etc......so calling it a realm doesn't do it justice.