is it againt's gurmat or in gurmat..

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh

sangat ji .. if someones's family doesn't support him/her with sikhi and all the time on his/her case to drop out sikhi..and gives u hard time..and then after all this if that person decided to move out..would that be betrayed to the parents for leaving them..or it's under gurmat?..

Be sure that you are on the path of Sikhi.

Bhagat Prahlaad Ji did not leave the worship of the God, when his father asked him to do so: -

pRhlwd pTwey pVn swl ] (1194-6, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

parahlaad pathaa-ay parhan saal.

Prahlaad was sent to school.

sMig sKw bhu lIey bwl ] (1194-7, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

sang sakhaa baho lee-ay baal.

He took many of his friends along with him.

mo kau khw pV@wvis Awl jwl ] (1194-7, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

mo ka-o kahaa parhHaavas aal jaal.

He asked his teacher, "Why do you teach me about worldly affairs?

myrI ptIAw iliK dyhu sRI guopwl ]1] (1194-7, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

mayree patee-aa likh dayh saree gopaal. ||1||

Write the Name of the Dear Lord on my tablet."||1||

nhI Cofau ry bwbw rwm nwm ] (1194-8, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

nahee chhoda-o ray baabaa raam naam.

O Baba, I will not forsake the Name of the Lord.

myro Aaur pV@n isau nhI kwmu ]1] rhwau ] (1194-8, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

mayro a-or parhHan si-o nahee kaam. ||1|| rahaa-o.

I will not bother with any other lessons. ||1||Pause||

sMfY mrkY kihE jwie ] (1194-8, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

sandai markai kahi-o jaa-ay.

Sanda and Marka went to the king to complain.

pRhlwd bulwey byig Dwie ] (1194-9, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

parahlaad bulaa-ay bayg Dhaa-ay.

He sent for Prahlaad to come at once.

qU rwm khn kI Cofu bwin ] (1194-9, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

too raam kahan kee chhod baan.

He said to him, "Stop uttering the Lord's Name.

quJu qurqu CfwaU myro kihE mwin ]2] (1194-9, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

tujh turat chhadaa-oo mayro kahi-o maan. ||2||

I shall release you at once, if you obey my words."||2||

mo kau khw sqwvhu bwr bwr ] (1194-10, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

mo ka-o kahaa sataavahu baar baar.

Prahlaad answered, "Why do you annoy me, over and over again?

pRiB jl Ql igir kIey phwr ] (1194-10, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

parabh jal thal gir kee-ay pahaar.

God created the water, land, hills and mountains.

ieku rwmu n Cofau gurih gwir ] (1194-10, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

ik raam na chhoda-o gureh gaar.

I shall not forsake the One Lord; if I did, I would be going against my Guru.

mo kau Gwil jwir BwvY mwir fwir ]3] (1194-11, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

mo ka-o ghaal jaar bhaavai maar daar. ||3||

You might as well throw me into the fire and kill me."||3||

kwiF KVgu koipE irswie ] (1194-11, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

kaadh kharhag kopi-o risaa-ay.

The king became angry and drew his sword.

quJ rwKnhwro moih bqwie ] (1194-11, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

tujh raakhanhaaro mohi bataa-ay.

"Show me your protector now!"

pRB QMB qy inksy kY ibsQwr ] (1194-12, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

parabh thambh tay niksay kai bisthaar.

So God emerged out of the pillar, and assumed a mighty form.

hrnwKsu CyidE nK ibdwr ]4] (1194-12, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

harnaakhas chhaydi-o nakh bidaar. ||4||

He killed Harnaakhash, tearing him apart with his nails. ||4||

Eie prm purK dyvwiD dyv ] (1194-12, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

o-ay param purakh dayvaaDh dayv.

The Supreme Lord God, the Divinity of the divine,

Bgiq hyiq nrisMG Byv ] (1194-13, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

bhagat hayt narsingh bhayv.

for the sake of His devotee, assumed the form of the man-lion.

kih kbIr ko lKY n pwr ] (1194-13, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

kahi kabeer ko lakhai na paar.

Says Kabeer, no one can know the Lord's limits.

pRhlwd auDwry Aink bwr ]5]4] (1194-13, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

parahlaad uDhaaray anik baar. ||5||4||

He saves His devotees like Prahlaad over and over again. ||5||4|| (Translation etc. taken from: http://www.sikhnet.com/sggs/translation/1194.html)

Father of Bhagat Prahlaad Ji did not want his son to be a worshiper. He tried to stop Bhagat Ji to do 'Bhagati'. Prahlaad complained, ""Why do you annoy me, over and over again?"

Prahlaad decided not to leave the way of the Guru, "ik raam na chhoda-o gureh gaar."

Try to be Prahlaad, but remember that your parents are NOT Harnaksh. So: -

kwhy pUq Jgrq hau sMig bwp ] (1200-11, swrMg, mÚ 4)

kaahay poot jhagrat ha-o sang baap.

O son, why do you argue with your father?

ijn ky jxy bfIry qum hau iqn isau Jgrq pwp ]1] rhwau ] (1200-11, swrMg, mÚ 4)

jin kay janay badeeray tum ha-o tin si-o jhagrat paap. ||1|| rahaa-o.

It is a sin to argue with the one who fathered you and raised you. ||1||Pause|| (http://www.sikhnet.com/sggs/translation/1200.html).

that's true..but parents are forcing me to leave sikhi and stop wearing dustar..with guru ji's kirpa trying hard to not tos ay n e thing..and stop arguing with them..only it occurs when they force to leave sikhi or get out of the house [they don't mean it] but words does hurt u know..so how long can one stay and be victim of this..trying to teach me what world thinks .. work with world..and i m not interested in that..lol so i don't think daas life is different that bhagat pralad ji..loll hehehe

Then, follow Bhagat Prahlaad Ji, and be sure: -

kih kbIr ko lKY n pwr ] (1194-13, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

kahi kabeer ko lakhai na paar.

Says Kabeer, no one can know the Lord's limits.

pRhlwd auDwry Aink bwr ]5]4] (1194-13, bsMqu, Bgq kbIr jI)

parahlaad uDhaaray anik baar. ||5||4||

He saves His devotees like Prahlaad over and over again. ||5||4|| :pray: (Translation etc. taken from: http://www.sikhnet.com/sggs/translation/1194.html)

if u ask me, it isn't about Gurmat, but rather personal relationship ties. don't give up on ur Sikhi, but make sure that u let ur parents know that this is what u want. and if they're really serious bout u either leaving Sikhi or leavin the house, i suggest that u leave the house.

that's true..but parents are forcing me to leave sikhi and stop wearing dustar..with guru ji's kirpa trying hard to not tos ay n e thing..and stop arguing with them..only it occurs when they force to leave sikhi or get out of the house [they don't mean it] but words does hurt u know..so how long can one stay and be victim of this..trying to teach me what world thinks .. work with world..and i m not interested in that..lol so i don't think daas life is different that bhagat pralad ji..loll hehehe

First tjhing first. Why they are doing so? whats the reason/thinking? are they asking you to stop wearing dustar only or they are against being or recognized as sikh? Whats their argument?

their argument is that no one has done such thing [taking amrit] in our house..specially girl..and their argument is that we have seen other people who took amrit..they eat jhoot and they eat everything..and they don't let their hair grow on their face..their argument is that amrit isn't for girls cuz girls doesn't look good with big fat eyebrows or hair on their faces..why are u wearing gatra[kirpan]..and i have told them it's reyat..punj pyare told us to do so..their question..who are they to say they are not guru ..they are common person..tying turban..who gonna mary u..this and that u know..don't sit with us..don't touch food when someone is drinking this that..so they are started to ingore me and tokna in everything..cuz they say that they got tired..of me..not changing into their world..and they say that people who told u to tie turban they are doing bad thing like cult..it's not important to wear turban..they say to do paat two times a day..that's it..according to them..doing paat two times isn't leaving guru ji..but for me it's not enough..u know..

actually.. the panj piayaaray might as well be Guru. They are representatives of Gur Gobind Singh Ji's Roop, his power, his kindness, his love, his everything... those are 5 Singhs who represent the 5 that Guru Gobind Singh Ji made his pyaaraas..

their argument is that no one has done such thing [taking amrit] in our house..specially girl..and their argument is that we have seen other people who took amrit..they eat jhoot and they eat everything..and they don't let their hair grow on their face..their argument is that amrit isn't for girls cuz girls doesn't look good with big fat eyebrows or hair on their faces..why are u wearing gatra[kirpan].

Hmm... Got the point. One thing is clear that motive of your parents is not that "bad" as it sounded previously. Its very natural for parents.. because they care for you, atleast your wordly interest.

No doubt, the situation is pretty complex. because none is wrong. If their arguments are valid, you have all the right to choose the way you want to live the life.

Since your parents won't be reading this post, so i will write here what i would like to tell you. But, for sure, these are my individual thougts, it is correct according tome but may not be the same for others.. its just depands what approach do you have towards life. I am no one to tell/teach you whats right or wrong for you.. i am just putting my feelings into words..

First thing, Why did you choose this way? why do you think that this is the only way you can get close to the god/gurus? I agree, this is one way.. but my question is is that the only way?

As such, generally, Parents are not less than the god. They have given birth to u, they have suffered so much pain in bring up and making u what are u today. You owe them more than you owe to anybody. you should think many times and should use both mind and heart before breaking their hearts. Best bet is when you can convience them that whatever u r doing is for the good for you ( note that u need not to convience them for their welfare, u need to convience them that its for the good for urself, they are ur parents)

.and i have told them it's reyat..punj pyare told us to do so..their question..who are they to say they are not guru ..they are common person..

They are religiously highly respected persons.. Its difficult/impossible to comapre a person with Guru jis.

tying turban..who gonna mary u..

caring about you.. you may reject this but they are ur parents. They understand, at least, the world, better than you. Its their worry about you.. its their love.

this and that u know..don't sit with us..don't touch food when someone is drinking this that..so they are started to ingore me and tokna in everything..cuz they say that they got tired..of me..not changing into their world..and they say that people who told u to tie turban they are doing bad thing like cult..it's not important to wear turban..they say to do paat two times a day..that's it..according to them..doing paat two times isn't leaving guru ji..but for me it's not enough..u know..

There are many ways for living the life.. and each path have its pros and cons. There are others on this board who are capable in explaining the more religious way and its pros. for me, i would say, if i go to gurudware for one hour in a week, i get enough inspiration/peace/energy/happiness. and for the rest of the week, i will live the wordly life... because, i feel, i have been sent here, by god, to live the life.. if i help poorer, unables, if i don't make others life miserable,difficult,painful .. its equivalent to any seva... its equivalent to any many hours of prayers.. if i can serve my parents, make them happy, if i can add smiles to someones life.. if i can comfert others, if i can help them enjoy this journey of life ..its , for me, almost equal to "amrit-chekna"...

Call is yours, You are not wrong .. neither ur parents. None can decide and tell you what's wrong and whats right. If you are really serious and dedicated , you should go ahead but try to convience ur parents as much as possible. But, think many times, its life, time never comes back.. ur decision not only affects ur life but also of others who are related to you.. God is with everybody, we all are god's child.. he/her( god) treats everybody equally..

Its ypur life, Whatever u decide, I wish you all the best. and with one last sentence, Parents are not less than the God, we owe them our lives.

Bhool-chuk maaf! Hope i didn't say more than my limits.. if i did, i m sorry.. i didn't mean to perturb anybody.

Thanks...

Best Wishes,

Sardu!