Cold Baths

& before people start having a go at me, what i mean by that is that singhs should take pride (not ego) & effort in their appearance... after all they are representing guru's roop.

omg, i cannot believe u "guv". pride is just as bad as ego. infact its one of the punj doots.

im not even gonna get started with the other "sexy" singh. u better change ur name, ur disrespcting true singhs.

admins, im shcoked at u, boot that guy until he changes his name.

admins can boot ppl like khalsa soulja but they cant boot those idiots... its a shame neo...

keep your name sexy_singh

if a bunch of prudes can't hack it then thats their problem. You've given your motives and intentions for using the name, and I agree with them.

About cold showers, I find that if you ignore the fact that its cold then you can last a little bit longer. Same goes for cold weather.

Just thought of something else...some people are much more cold blooded ( ?) than others. I'm sure there's a difference to the effect that a hot/cold shower will have on a person depending on how 'warm' their skin is.

(don't know if i'm being vague here, but I'm trying to explain how some people are very cold to touch than others)

if following gurmat is being prude then thats fine...

im not asking him to remove it...i just said that i felt it was against gurmat.

'sukhsingh' veerji...noone will listen if you say things with a hothead. gursikhs should be sweetspoken, so if he is doing something wrong just explain your reasons against and leave it to him. you cant force anyone to do anything...

singhs need a little pride or else we would just look scruffy. take pride in your appearance but that doesnt go to the extent of calling oneself sexy...could you imagine your guru calling himself sexy?! at the end of the day the dictionary definition of sexy is arousing sexual desire. if the sangatthinks this is ok for a gursikh then thats ok. but beast you agree with sexy_siingh. You should be encouraging our brothers to be in tune with gurmat as much as possible.

'sukhsingh' veerji...noone will listen if you say things with a hothead. gursikhs should be sweetspoken, so if he is doing something wrong just explain your reasons against and leave it to him. you cant force anyone to do anything...

Mod's Note: Edited. Take personal questions over the pm!

i have a really good immune system thankyou mere rabh :) seriously, i never get sick. does this mean i dont need the cold showers?

thanks beast and guv, iam glad someone can see over trivialities.

sukh if iam disrecpting true singhs, then i'd like to apoligise to them. are you their spokesman? how much do they pay you :P

jassa. do you always go by dictionary meanings? if so, i'd like to know which dictionary you refer to. because dictionaries are updated and changed every so often. one from the 1800's would be different from one compiled in 2004. dictionaries dont occur in a vaccum. they are made by people sitting down and deciding on what is an acceptable (to them) defintuion of a particular word. if someone says the word "ass", it might mean someones buttocks or it might mean an abbreviation to assignment(have come across this unfortunate usage..), or it might refer to a donkey. or it might have been a word taken from another language and its original meaning might be "hope". ...

a couple of people have misinterpreted what i wrote... i don't think i made it very clear :?... my bad.

when i said "pride (not ego)", i meant pride as in honour or respect... & not as arrogance or self-conceit.

looking up pride in the dictionary, i came up with

1. A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.

2. Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association: parental pride.

3. Arrogant or disdainful conduct or treatment; haughtiness.

i was referring to the first definition.... i think jassa clicked onto what i was saying.

u also made a good point about the difference between taking pride in your appearance & appearing sexy. although should the onus not be on the person with the sexual thoughts rather than on the object of their desires? also, i agree with sexy singh when he says that the definitions of words are constantly changing according to their common usage. sexy is used less as sexually provocative or erotic, but (in the case of men) as suave & handsome.

sorry about going off topic, but i just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings about what i said in my last post.