Importance of Sri sukhmani Sahib

• 3 weeks later...

c) purity of mind as well as body should be observed . for non-married celibacy should be observed . 'kaam ' should be taken special care of .

because if u break ur celibacy Guru ji may deduct some of the points from you . which is not good .

Guru ji will deduct points? i wasn't aware the Guru kept a record of points. hmmm... is there some way i can get a "get out of jail" card and win the game in one shot? :LOL: deduct points... tha's a good one...

earlier in ur post, u mentioned something about how you can get whatever you want if you do Sukhmani Sahib. but isn't the same true if you recite any Gurbani? why is Sukhmani Sahib so special?

• 4 weeks later...

sukhi_v ,

a very good question . All the gurbani is same and has no difference. but still u know there are different banis for different occasions and each bani has its own effect ,

for eg

if u r a regular nitnemi of lots of japji sahib paths , it helps in getting brahmgyan .

if u do a lot of paths of anand sahib it helps in getting u anand .

if u do chopai sahib it helps in getting u beer ras .

if u do a lot of jap sahib , it helps in increasing ur personalty and ur tej or prakash.

if u do sukhmani , it helps in getting u all the sukkhs , protecting u , meeting u with the sants and then uniting with GOD .

as compared to other banis it is much easier to understand for moorakh bande like us .

and if u do 1 sukhmani sahib da path in whole day , all the 24000 breaths u took during the day will become safal or successfull.

wjkk wjkf

• 2 months later...
Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

<<if u do a lot of jap sahib , it helps in increasing ur personalty and ur tej or prakash>>

Please could you expand on this point, what exactly does "Increasing your Personality" mean? What is one's "tej" or "parkash"?

This is rather unclear...

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

karmjeet,

SMS above asked:

"<<if>>

Please could you expand on this point, what exactly does "Increasing your Personality" mean? What is one's "tej" or "parkash"?

This is rather unclear... "

That was back in 2004, it is now 2008, please could you shed some light on the matter?

I would think "Increasing your personality" means it makes you a stronger personality in your general dealings and with other people. People would respect you more perhaps too.

• 4 years later...
On August 26, 2007 at 7:08:11 AM, Mehtab Singh said:

Ok after 3 years I am still without an answer :D

That was 2007 now it's 2015 lol but still i will answer. Yes you can do Sukhmani Sahib in 2 days. Because there is no point in just reading fast and trying to finish it asap and without understanding it properly. So yes do half sukhmani sahib (12 ashtpatis) first day and finish another 12 ashtpatis second day. 

Make sure you understand what you read.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

waheguru waheguru waheguru ----

DO I HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE SUKHMANI SAHIB PATH AT A TIME OR I CAN DO HALF AND HALF.OR DO FEW  ASHTPATI   AT A TIME .I AM NEW,SO THERE ARE MANY THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND.BECAUSE I DO WANT TO DO THE RIGHT WAY TO DO SUKHMANI SAHIB PATH.IS IT TRUE THAT BY DOING 40 SUKHMANI SAHIB PATH IN 40 DAYS A PERSONS WISH GOING TO BE FULLFILLED????I DO HOPE YOU CAN HELP.

THANKS FOR THIS SITE.I THINK IT WILL HELP ME SEE THINGS IN DIFFERENT LIGHT.AS I DO BELEIVE IN GOD AS I CALLED THE HIGH POWER IN THIS WORLD.

MAY GOD ALWAYS KEEP EVERY ONE SAFE IN THIS WORLD.                

3 hours ago, Sainath said:

DO I HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE SUKHMANI SAHIB PATH AT A TIME OR I CAN DO HALF AND HALF.OR DO FEW  ASHTPATI          

Sainath jee - You can do the Paath in multiple days. It doesn't have to be done in a single day. It will be similar to a Sehaj Paath of SSGGSJ.

Bhul chuk maaf

WAHEGRUR. WAHEGRUR.  WAHEGRUR.                                                                 I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTIONS.HOPE SOME ONE WILL GIVE MÉ THE ANSWER.WHAT WILL YOU SAY IF I TOLD YOU ALL THAT WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES,I CAN SEE GUTKA SAHIBS WORDS NOT ALL THE TIME BUT MANY TIMES.WHICH MAKE MÉ VERY CONFUSED .                                                           IF YOU THINK I MUST HAVE LOST MY MIND,ITS OK,AS I THINK THE SAME MANY TIMES.UP TO NOW NO BODY COULD GIVE MÉ ANSWER,.                         I HAVE TOO MUCH FAITH AND BELEIVE IN GOD SINCE I WAS VERY SMALL.I AM VERY POSITIV PERSON.I ALWAYS BELEIVE WHAT EVER HAPPEN IN MY LIFE IS BY GOD,SO I NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY THING.I HAVE SUFFERED A LOT BECAUSE OF BAD HEALTH,STILL I AM VERY HAPPY AND POSITIV IN LIFE.AND VERY GRATEFUL IN MY LIFE.                                                                        ONE THING MORE PLEASE TELL MÉ WHAT IS THE EASY WAY TO LEARN PATH BY HEART,AS I AM UNABLE TO DO SO.                  THANKS A LOT.  MAY GOD ALWAYS KEEP EVERY ONE SAFE AND HAPPY.TAKE CARE.

IF YOU THINK I MUST HAVE LOST MY MIND,ITS OK,AS I THINK THE SAME MANY TIMES.

Typing in capitals is never a good sign...lol

On February 23, 2016 at 6:05 AM, Sainath said:

DO I HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE SUKHMANI SAHIB PATH AT A TIME OR I CAN DO HALF AND HALF.OR DO FEW  ASHTPATI   AT A TIME .I AM NEW,SO THERE ARE MANY THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND.BECAUSE I DO WANT TO DO THE RIGHT WAY TO DO SUKHMANI SAHIB PATH.IS IT TRUE THAT BY DOING 40 SUKHMANI SAHIB PATH IN 40 DAYS A PERSONS WISH GOING TO BE FULLFILLED????I DO HOPE YOU CAN HELP.

THANKS FOR THIS SITE.I THINK IT WILL HELP ME SEE THINGS IN DIFFERENT LIGHT.AS I DO BELEIVE IN GOD AS I CALLED THE HIGH POWER IN THIS WORLD.

MAY GOD ALWAYS KEEP EVERY ONE SAFE IN THIS WORLD.                

I don't know about wish being fulfilled but you will find a lot of peace. I would say give it a try. I love sukhmani sahib ji. Your wish can be fulfilled and maybe something better will show up but I guarantee you, by doing sukhmani sahib ji you will not only obtain peace but if you try to know the meaning you will be able to lile your life Ina better way. 

On 6/22/2004 at 7:10 AM, N30 S!NGH said:

Also almost all the mahapurkhs advice their jagaso(learners of atam marG) if you do 2 sukhmani sahib's patt every day for the whole month that equilvants to siri guroo granth sahib daie sehaj patt.

Where in Guru Granth Sahib Ji can I find this written, that 2 Sukhmani Path Every day equals a Sehaj Path? Who started these equations? These Countings?

Gurbani was to learn, Understand & to Implement its Principles in life. The so called "Mahapurakhs" never want Sikhs to learn, Understand & Practice the principles, instead they have mislead Sikhs in to Mugging-Up of Shabads in a Parrot-Fashion way, instead of understanding what actually is written.

On 6/21/2004 at 11:42 PM, karmjeet said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

"Sukhmani sukh amrit prabh naam "

"Bhagat jana ke man bisraam "

We can say crores of words in praising the ' dhur ki bani ' or 'gurbani' but still those words would be nothing taking in consideration of the great and infinite importance of 'Gurbani'

Here i will try to mention some of the benefits of doing paath of Sukhmani Sahib :-

1) Sukhmani is ' sukhaan di mani ' maening all the happiness . so its obvious that if you do paath of sukhmani sahib you will remain happy forever .

2) when you do sukhmani sahib your physical and inner sins are cleared meaning ' tan ate man di shudhi ' or 'tan te man de rog door ho jane

3)Doing 1 path daily makes all your breaths taken in 24 hrs successful.

A human takes about 22000 - 24000 breaths (taking in and out of air) in a day . and sukhmani sahib also has 24000 words of holy divine naam or gurbani .

4)if u do this paath regularly , u r protected by shaheed singhs so there fore no bad or evil things can affect u in any way .

5)if u continue to do it , the automatic naam simran of waheguru will start in ur body . because waheguru shabad abd gurbani r the same thing

6) it can fufill all ur spiritual as well as materialistic wishes .

7) every body like hindus , muslims , etc. can do its paath and benefit from it .there r no restrictions .

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Dhan Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj

Where were these Shaheed Singhs when the Sikh Women were getting raped in the streets of New Delhi in 1984?

Stop misleading. Read Gurbani selflessly to understand & Implement its principles in you Life.