Sky In Gurudwara?

I live in Nottingham, and apparently my local Gurudwara has installed Sky Digital in hall 2. The Gurudwara is Singh Sabhan on nottingham Road.

What would you say, wrong or right?

Personally, i think this is pathetic, My dad said that it's ok because it's in Hall 2 but hall 2 also has SGGSJ and they've installed one in the kitchen in hall 2, but thats where the seva happens. Yeah hall 2 isn't the main hall but it doesn't mean sky being installed into it is right? Does it?

Fateh

oh damn. hahahah! i thought it was something totally different! :P

yeah, we've got all those things that CaNaDiAn_jAtTi mentioned...

CaNaDiAn_jAtTi, it must be some sorta european thing. god knows how many weird-ass things they've got made up for themselves. oh well. just another quirk of the brits. :LOL:

Guest Maha_Pavitar

I don't think I'm following either..Sky Digital as in Digital cable okay I got that much..so is the concern on WHY they need digital cable in a gurdwara sahib? Why not ask the management? Perhaps there is a reason..if we don't ask we'll just come to our own conclusions..it's rather a small issue veerji, just ask!

Guest Javanmard

Tell me one thing: is there any sin under the sun that is not commited in the so-called "gurdvare" nowadays?

From slandering and gossiping to raping and stealing: is there anything that has not been done?

I don't think so!

In fact I would even say that it is better to have the sangat assemble in your own house and do kirtan ect.. at home rather than giving these masand-commitees any money!

heh heh heh! shaka nyorai, i'm pretty ur idea is blasphemous to the great followers of the wondrous sgpc... *sarcastic smile*...

but i dun get one thing. aman_90, why would it be a bad thing to have cable/satellite/whatever-the-hell-sky-is in a Gurudwara?

I don't think I'm following either..Sky Digital as in Digital cable okay I got that much..so is the concern on WHY they need digital cable in a gurdwara sahib? Why not ask the management? Perhaps there is a reason..if we don't ask we'll just come to our own conclusions..it's rather a small issue veerji, just ask!

SKY is not cable, its satellite tv... Im sure satellite tv is available in North America...

I can see that you all think it's ok. I did ask for a reason, but they don't give one, they just start telling you where it's installed etc. If it is for The Giani's in the Gurudwara, why would you need one in the kitchen? If you want to watch TV stay at home, a Gurudwara is a sacred place for praying, Kirtan, Langar or Seva, it isn't for watching Zee Tv or football. I think it's wrong but I'll respect your views.

Fateh Ji

it's just decor, Aman_90. chillax, it'll make the place look nice.

Yeah, it'll make more people come to the Gurudwara, but instead of listening to paath/kirtan, all of them will proberly go to watch Zee Tv or Eastenders or Football, but yeah, it's ok! :roll:

Fateh Ji

I have asked, but if you have a Commity in the Gurudwara, you know what they're like, they never give straight answers, they twist it in one way or another. I'm assuming that it's for the old men that sit in the Gurudwara, well the Commity of the Gurudwara..shows how much they care about the Gurudwara and Paath.... :roll:

Yeah, it'll make more people come to the Gurudwara, but instead of listening to paath/kirtan, all of them will proberly go to watch Zee Tv or Eastenders or Football, but yeah, it's ok! :roll:

Fateh Ji

if that's what it takes to get ppl into the Gurudwara fine. but then it's up to the rest of the ppl to help get em on the right track. at least they'll be in the right atmosphere to get educated bout Sikhi.

Maybe they shud put wrestling on as well?

Surely getting people into the Gurdwara is the first step? Right now, there is a social stigma attached to going to the Gurdwara for some people. Maybe this would break down the barriers somewhat?

it's not even that big of a deal if they do have satellite or sky digital or whatever the heck it is. and who's to say that this is for the general public? what if it's for the babey that're comin from india or wherever? until u know what it's for, u shouldn't complain about it.

but then again, i'm a subscriber to the "lemonade" philosophy of life. "if life gives u lemons, make lemonade." aman_90, ur lookin at sky digital being in the gurudwara as a really negative thing. but mebbe u should try lookin at it in a different manner. how can u use it to make the gurudwara a better place?

newho. i'm gettin the feeling that i'm babbling and i should prolly get myself outta heres. so i'm gone. buh bye.

I respect the things you've said Sukhi_v, but I'm just thinking that in our local Gurudwara, we don't get much sangat anyway and it isn't as though Sky has been broadcasted on Ladies Sangeet nights to that people would be aware of it. I'm just assuming it's being used for the old men that are in the Gurudwara commity. Alls they do is fight over the commity and whose going to be on it, so I don't get it. Anyway, thanks for the views and stuff. I did ask what it was for they said for the commity.

As far as wrestling goes..don't know..

Fateh Ji