where has it gone?

Just an open question to all..

what happened to Pyaar that we're all supposed to have in our hearts? im not talkin abt girlfriends or boyfriends, and im not talkin abt being fake with smiles, handshakes and hugs (which is the job of polititians).. im talking abt what set the Singhs of old apart from the Mughals..

the Singhs out matched the Mughals with ferocity on the battlefield, outwitted them and outmanuovered them... they could have behaved like savages and killed indiscriminantly, and mathced the atrocities the mughals commited against women and children.. but they didnt.. what seperated them from the Mughals and the Pathans and the hindu hill cheifs and rajas was the fact that despite being capable of causing such great damage, Sikhs of the Guru have a heart. had it not been for that, we could have been worse than all of the above put together..

during the time of the first Amrit parchar, Maata ji put Pataaseh into the Amrit so that we'd have some sweetness in us to balance that RAW POWER. but where has that sweetness gone in us today? i look at myself and see how cynical i have become, which is wrong. but then i look around and see how many people are so fake, which makes them equally cynical..

the Sikhs of old, wether they were Nihangs or "regular" Sikhs (another issue that seems to have created so much contreversy) always had a sense of humor, always lived in Chardi Kalaa, and were ultimately filled with a love of Waheguru, which shone through despite the fact that they were rough around the edges.. but where has that sweetness gone amongst us?

im the most guilty of this, as i've become so cynical with the political games i see played amongst the youth and their attempts at scaling the social ladder at places like Kirtan Darbars, camps etc...ive seen Sikhs who called each other brothers tab each other in the back over trivial things (and have experienced this first hand). i've seen the hypocrisy of those who are bidding to be the leaders of the Naujavan as they move into adulthood. and if we look on this board, there are so many peole just itching to bite each others heads off.. we go on websites and see all kinds of backbiting, slander and hatred amongst Sikhs.. today we al seem to be filled with Krodh and Hankaar. we look down our noses at one another, consider ourselves to be better Sikhs than the next guy, or dont even consider him a Sikh at all coz we follow different Maryada etc..

my question is: what happened? where has it gone? and how do we bring it back?

im not sayin we should all be huging and kissing one another, as thats often fake anyway.. but cant we at least kill some of the akkarr and chill out enough to give each other some basic courtesy and respect?

i know my Guru doesnt want me to feel the way im feeling right now, which is cynical and untrusting.. perhaps one of u Gurmukhs can help answer these questions.

Guest kaur1699

good post...

im not sayin we should all be huging and kissing one another, as thats often fake anyway.. but cant we at least kill some of the akkarr and chill out enough to give each other some basic courtesy and respect?

totally agree with this comment...

• 12 years later...
On 8 May 2003 at 11:14 PM, double_edge said:

what happened to Pyaar that we're all supposed to have in our hearts? im not talkin abt girlfriends or boyfriends, and im not talkin abt being fake with smiles, handshakes and hugs (which is the job of polititians).. im talking abt what set the Singhs of old apart from the Mughals..

the Singhs out matched the Mughals with ferocity on the battlefield, outwitted them and outmanuovered them... they could have behaved like savages and killed indiscriminantly, and mathced the atrocities the mughals commited against women and children.. but they didnt.. what seperated them from the Mughals and the Pathans and the hindu hill cheifs and rajas was the fact that despite being capable of causing such great damage, Sikhs of the Guru have a heart. had it not been for that, we could have been worse than all of the above put together..

during the time of the first Amrit parchar, Maata ji put Pataaseh into the Amrit so that we'd have some sweetness in us to balance that RAW POWER. but where has that sweetness gone in us today? i look at myself and see how cynical i have become, which is wrong. but then i look around and see how many people are so fake, which makes them equally cynical..

the Sikhs of old, wether they were Nihangs or "regular" Sikhs (another issue that seems to have created so much contreversy) always had a sense of humor, always lived in Chardi Kalaa, and were ultimately filled with a love of Waheguru, which shone through despite the fact that they were rough around the edges.. but where has that sweetness gone amongst us?

im the most guilty of this, as i've become so cynical with the political games i see played amongst the youth and their attempts at scaling the social ladder at places like Kirtan Darbars, camps etc...ive seen Sikhs who called each other brothers tab each other in the back over trivial things (and have experienced this first hand). i've seen the hypocrisy of those who are bidding to be the leaders of the Naujavan as they move into adulthood. and if we look on this board, there are so many peole just itching to bite each others heads off.. we go on websites and see all kinds of backbiting, slander and hatred amongst Sikhs.. today we al seem to be filled with Krodh and Hankaar. we look down our noses at one another, consider ourselves to be better Sikhs than the next guy, or dont even consider him a Sikh at all coz we follow different Maryada etc..

my question is: what happened? where has it gone? and how do we bring it back?

i know my Guru doesnt want me to feel the way im feeling right now, which is cynical and untrusting.. perhaps one of u Gurmukhs can help answer these questions.

I did have this piyaar in my heart for all god's creation once before I started school.  Once there, my heart was filled with thoughts and attitudes which had nothing to do with piyaar but everything to do with jealousy, competition, anger, discrimination based on caste, class, color and creed.  Life at uni taught even more ugly things to substitute what was left of that little bit of piyaar in my heart made of flesh, blood and cells.  In other words the piyaar in my heart and I became total strangers till I got married and saw my children making appearance in this world one by one.  My  poor little heart was once again filled with sweetness of piyaar but only for a short time till I realised the financial liability of the whole thing.  Though my heart is still filled up to the brim with piyaar but I hardly have time to notice it.  To be honest, I hardly have time to scratch my head these days let alone acknowledge this 'piyaar?'  

We are born with piyaar in our hearts but as soon as we step out of our mothers womb the khel of maya takes over and makes sure that when we die, we die with empty and loveless hearts.  We only have attachments,desires, lust, greed, anger and dissatisfactions.  

Did someone mention 'piyaar?'  Sorry, I don't know what you mean.....,

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2003 at 10:14 PM, double_edge said:

im the most guilty of this, as i've become so cynical with the political games i see played amongst the youth and their attempts at scaling the social ladder at places like Kirtan Darbars, camps etc...ive seen Sikhs who called each other brothers tab each other in the back over trivial things (and have experienced this first hand). i've seen the hypocrisy of those who are bidding to be the leaders of the Naujavan as they move into adulthood. and if we look on this board, there are so many peole just itching to bite each others heads off.. we go on websites and see all kinds of backbiting, slander and hatred amongst Sikhs.. today we al seem to be filled with Krodh and Hankaar. we look down our noses at one another, consider ourselves to be better Sikhs than the next guy, or dont even consider him a Sikh at all coz we follow different Mary

What you are looking for outside is right within you, you just need to reconnect with your Self.  You will soon discover what one mad lover discovered when he said, 'Love has moved in and adorned the house.  My self tied up its bundle and left.'  Notice the word 'self' in the second line with small 's' and not a capital.  Dive within yourself and you will discover everything you are looking for outside right there within you.

Guest guest
On 9 March 2016 at 1:26 PM, Guest said:

I did have this piyaar in my heart for all god's creation once before I started school.

so it was because of association with bad company, right?  we should keep away from bad company

12 hours ago, delibeli said:

What you are looking for outside is right within you, you just need to reconnect with your Self.  You will soon discover what one mad lover discovered when he said, 'Love has moved in and adorned the house.  My self tied up its bundle and left.'  Notice the word 'self' in the second line with small 's' and not a capital.  Dive within yourself and you will discover everything you are looking for outside right there within you.

Some people are scared of drowning so can't dive!! 

Anoop Singh Khalsa

15 hours ago, Guest said:

Dive within yourself

Scuba-Diving or Snorkeling?  You have to learn both from someone especially with scuba diving you have to get certified and pass a safety course. So an experienced master is needed to even dive within oneself or else we can get drowned within ourselves.

Btw the diamond rock in my dp is a world favorite destination for scuba diving ;)

Guest Guest with horns
13 minutes ago, Rock said:

Btw the diamond rock in my dp is a world favorite destination for scuba diving ;)

Lapis is where I love to snorkel and scuba dive!!  I love surfing in offshore conditions but not with noodle arms though!  Always be warned of noahs!!