CPU Fan problem

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Guest Maha_Pavitar

My Cpu fan isn't running and it seems to be the answer to my concern regarding random shut downs a few times a week by my pc. The CPU overheats and leads to the shut downs, I did the usual virus checks, removed any spyware and made sure the USB and hardware was configured..it must be the broken fan.

Any way to make it run again or do I have to buy another one?

Thanks..

Fateh Ji

Trouble can be with your UPS also. Most of the CPUs today have Fins installed, so fan is just an additional support. You can also run scandisk at command prompt to see if there is some FAT problem or some lost clusters may be creating trouble.

Best Regards

• 3 weeks later...

lol!! though its too late and by this time ur problem must have been solved but yes, i agree (malfunctioning)fan can be root of these types of problems. I have faced the similer types of problems, couple of times. Once, it was a win98 ( in those old win98 days) system. I was running the almost same configuration (both h/w and s/w) on aroung 20 systems, but one system was contineously giving fatal memory error of windows and was crashing. I have done all the thing from repairing the os to installing it from different CDs to changing the memory modules.. but it would give the same problem after working fine for few days... one fine day my friend noticed that cpu fans is hanging ( it should be mounted on cpu) so he , casually, fixed it up. it was only after a month when i realized that the system didn't crash for almost 4 weeks!!! and fan fixing was the last thing done on the system. Prior to coming on the decision, we have again simulated the condition (hanging cpu fan) and problem re-occured. Than onwards, i included checking cpu and smps fans in my checklist and was able to diagnose/solve the couple of similer problems.