Who's a real Sikh?

Are people who haven't taken amrit Sikh?  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Sehajdhari's can be called Sikhs, but not monay.

I would like to ask educated sikhs on this site to tell me if "Bhai Ganaya Ji" (Sevapanthi order) took amrit from satguroo gobind singh maharaj or not.??

If not is there any mentioning in the history if he took naam diii daat from satguroo gobind singh maharaj??

I m in no way of belittling the significance of Amrit.. This is for my general knowledge and like to find out if Satguroo Gobind Singh Maharaj did have sikhs who were non-amritdhari in his time and received blessing from satguroo before leaving the cororpeal being.

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think a true Sikh needs to be pure inside than thru the appearance. In fact my theory says the Philosphy of Sikhisim took a shift after the 5th Guru Arjun Dev and so the Guru Granth Sahib contains Bani of the first 5 Gurus and Guru Teg Bahadar as his philosphy align with the original Philosphy.

The original Philosphy doesn't restrict a Sikh to be in some farm shape size color or creed.

You are no more a Sikh with the Amrit or no less without it.

that's a very interesting thing to say. and i agree with you... would you like to share your views on how sikh philosophy began changing after the first 5 gurus and explain why you think it happened and how it relates to being a sikh today?

this isn't a challenge. i sincerely would like to know what you think about it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's a very interesting thing to say. and i agree with you... would you like to share your views on how sikh philosophy began changing after the first 5 gurus and explain why you think it happened and how it relates to being a sikh today?

this isn't a challenge. i sincerely would like to know what you think about it...

I don't think the Philosphy of Sikhism took any shift after the 5th Guru. All the Gurus were one Jot and we should respect them so.

I think Sikh Gurus have shown that changign time require changing strategies. The time or environment before the 5th Guru was not that violent but with Aurongjeb on Delhi Takht life was not easy. So Gurus showed us the path to take up arms against the Crusaders.

This in no way against the Sikhism as it teaches to remain in love with the environment but should take up arms to help the weak.

But what we need to see is that do we need to change again with the changing times. There are no more Aurangjebs and no more oppress. So is there a need to take up arms.

Our Gurus took the path of Sprituisim when the times were peaceful and took the swaroop of fierce fighters when the times were rough.

Now we are back to peaceful times do we need to change to path to sprituism from fightisim is the right Question.

• 3 weeks later...