Dasam/Sarbloh Granth Sahib Question

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it's Panjabi or English it does not matter: mots of Dasam Guru Granth Sahib is in Braj anyway!!!

Learning Braj Bhasha is good.But first, a person should sort out there Panjabi.Then he/she may move onto Braj, Sanskrit, Farsi etc.One step at a time.

Guest Javanmard

I would argue the opposite. It is better to first start with th eoldest languages and then only with the more recent ones as the meanings in recent languages are just poorer. Also it helps create a grammatical awareness that will immediately boost one's Panjabi.

VJKK VJKF

On the topic of Raagi Nihung Balbir Singh, can anyone explain how the whole Raag/ musical/ poetry structure of Dasam and Sarbloh Gur Darbaars works?

EG when Baljeet and Gurmeet perform shabads from Dasam Guru, are they picking the raag at random? Or is it more subtle than that? Furthermore, alot of ppl say the Raag they use is Raag Malkaus for their shabads, does anyone know the raags used for

1) Meri Abai Sun Lejai

2) Jaggerdang Naggerdang

3) Tum ho Sabh Rajan ke Raja

???

...ALso thanks Muggermach i'll get the transaltions off you soon, dont need the haldi no more tho , lol

Thanks

What ive heard is that Bhai Balbir Singh kept a Nihang roop until he got the chance to be Hazoori Raagi at Sri Harimandir Sahib, the SGPC wouldnt let him do kirtan dressed as a Nihang and they wanted him to wear normal kurta pajama and "normal" dastar, Bhai Balbir Singh got aagiya from Nihang Baba Santa Singh to remove his Farla and Nihangi bana so that they could sing kirtan at Sri Harimandir Sahib.

gupy, get the book, my music my life by ravi shankar, although i aint a big fan of his as i prefer listening to Valait Khan more, but... his book does give some good background. There are loads of books on the indian raag system, but as with any thing, a teacher is recommended, although u can pick up the basics from these books.

• 3 months later...
Guest Javanmard

Sorry but it seems you don't believe in the concept of Khalsa and khande da amrit. And NO I am not high on sukha. You might be high on oxygen hyperventilation (grugrugrugrugrugrugrugru) but I am very lucid at the moment!