Listening to kirtan----> the experience of a lifetime....

CaNaDiAn_jAtTi

I had the most fortunate opportunity yesterday to be able to listen to Bhai Harjinder Singh Srinagar Wale live....

Now for some they may have heard him or others before or a couple of times and therefore not a big deal... but for me... it was mesmerizing....

I live out in Edmonton.... where we do have four gurdhwaras but unfortunately the people here are never able to bring a raagi jatha which is able to reach inside you.... I found out from my uncle on Saturday that Bhai Harjinder Singh was in Calgary for the weekend, as he had come to do the anand karaj for a couple there on Saturday, and that on Sunday he would be doing kirtan twice, once in the morning and once at night...

So i was off anyways for the weekend, i just had to convince my mom to switch her schedule at work which she did...

which meant that i got up yesterday at 6 am and drove to calgary for three hours, got there around 10 am, went to the gurdhwara, and at 12:30 Bhai Harjinder Singh and his jatha started the kirtan and that was it...

For the hour we sat there, no one was talking, the kids amazingly were quite (those in the main hall) and it just hit you in the soul... such a sweet and loving voice.... as my mom put it.... Harjinder Ji really loves God, really loves to sing about God.... it was way to powerful....

We really blessed to be able to hear him again at night and once again, it was just overwhelming.... I mean i was on the verge of tears twice (which is rare to happen to me) He went longer than the hour he was given, but everyone wanted to hear more....

By the time my mom and i left calgary heading home, it was ~10 pm.... and i got home around 12:30am... and i'm working today..... but it was well worth the drive...

And another thing that made the experience that much more were the two screens that Dasmesh Gurdhwara in Calgary had up, upon which via a laptop they put up all of the shabads words for people to follow and for us children to understand the meanings of in english... i'd like to thank whoever did that, because it really brought the kirtan closer in....

And to end off such a beautiful evening.... by chance the skies had finally cleared up (it's been raining in Edmontona nd Calgary all weekend long) when we were driving home, and it was pitch black out on the road, hence when i looked outside, there were stars... millions upon millions of stars and the milky way galaxy was visible and there were dancing northern lights... it was just magnificent....

So yeah i'm still recovering from the overall feeling of this trip... but i just wanted to share it with you all... because for me, as i'm still working my way up on the sikhi ladder, it was an inspiring moment indeed....and helped to reinforce my belief in the Almight Lord...

Great to know your expereince Ji,

Haan Ji as gurbani talks about- Guru Ki Bani Baaan(Arrow) Haie. If heart is pula(soft) it will hit you and fill anand hiii anand inside you, intoxicate you with bliss, just take you away like a toofan(torando) :D :D

If heart is hard(stone-hearted) due to major papps. Arrow in form of gurbani does hit but it doesnt effect the person.

so would'nt it be nice ji to have that kinda bliss you had yesterday not for 1, 2, 3, 4 but 24 hrs ... just anand hiiiiiiii anand :D :D

so kirtan sauna karuoo...music is international language bring souls close together....

there is soo many kirtan hrs and hrs of kirtan out there....raag kirtan, normal kirtan....whichever way you prefer listening to ..its there....

as Guru Maharaj mentions:

"Kalyug Mein Kirtan Pardhana"

When you in the sach daie marg...then slowly you dont even need to ask....guroo maharaj appaie baksh dendaie haie- dunaaviya(materialistic) things and pramratik things...also look at this topic:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=4860

Idea is to hasdaie and kheldaie- Naam Jaapi Chalo in form of kirtan, simran, gurbani vichar, vahiguroo dii upma. Good will happen not only good but Jivan Mukhti.. ..where we came...we have to go back some day and merge with him...either this life or few more rebirths...but ultimate goal is to merge with him by doing "Prema Bhakti" ... its all preem diii khed... :D :D