NANAKSAR - The true purpose and some amazing facts

karmjeet

>> -Thanks for the account concerning the time during Baba Jee’s preaching. Interestingly on a side note, this is also true of Baba Ram Singh Namdhari (re: having Guru Sahib taken out of cupboards and brought out in parkash) – just a same that his modern day chelas cannot continue his desired action today.<<

What is this supposed to mean? Safe keeping of Sri Aad or Dasam Guru Granth Sahib on shelves was not the problem then nor is the problem now. The problem was and is the ignorance of the Gurbani. I've never heard or read anywhere from any Namdhari sources that Satguruji told people to do 'Parkash' of the Granth Sahibs for the sake of doing Parkash and bowing down/collecting money. The Sikhs were ordered to recite Gurbani and memorize it by heart as much as possible. Please check your sources.

God Bless.

Fateh Singh

Veer Fateh Singh,

My sources are "The Kuka movement" and "Warriors in White" - I have made no reference to Baba Ram Singh asking people to offer money etc, the simple point is that Baba Ram Singh brought out the Guru Granth Sahib into the open and had the shudh paath instigated, it is well known, regardless of one's views on Namdharis, that the custom of Shudh santhiya and diligent and regular recital of Bani from both Granth Sahibs is paramount within the Namdharis and was heavily emphasised by Baba Ram Singh.

Please can you kindly refrain from being paranoid at the mere mention of Namdharis. The point is clearly that just both any movement during the last 2 centuries, be it Nanaksar, Namdharis or Nirankari (Baba Dyal Das and not the Nakli Nirankaris) all sought to reunite the Sikh populace with the Shabd.

Gur Fateh!

Niranjana.

Dear x_suman_x and karamjeet,

As I hope it should be clear, I have no issue with anyone adopting or believing in whatever Gursikhi Maryada, the problem is when each of these groups feel the need to imply or impose that their version (usually their Baba, Sant or Bhai Sahib) has the one and only true maryada - it is this factor far more than any RSS blah blah that is weakening our Panth.

In fact this factor makes the work for the RSS a simple and easy task.

Gur Fateh!

Niranjana.

niranjana ji,

fateh,

i absoulutely agree with you on this point as well. and all I can say that these people who beleive in babas sants and so on are very corrupt! in some way.

they have no sense, but as i have said before there is no point crying over spilt milk, we as a community should explain to our brothers and sisters that we should work as ooone to bring changes i mean our GURU JIS managed it!

well, all i can say that the only true sant and baba and so on in the whole intire world is SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI.

and to people who don't agree with this need 5to get a life

THE END.....!!!!

:)

GURFATEH! :P

niranjana ji,

fateh,

i absoulutely agree with you on this point as well. and all I can say that these people who beleive in babas sants and so on are very corrupt! in some way.

they have no sense, but as i have said before there is no point crying over spilt milk, we as a community should explain to our brothers and sisters that we should work as ooone to bring changes i mean our GURU JIS managed it!

well, all i can say that the only true sant and baba and so on in the whole intire world is SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI.

and to people who don't agree with this need 5to get a life

THE END.....!!!!

:)

GURFATEH! :P

do you beleive in sant jarnail singh bhindranwale? I am sure khalistani sahiban like you - suman you probably beleive in him fully. If he can be sant in your eyes. why not others? pm me this response.. lets stick to the topic before making sant-bashing thread. This is not exactly sant-bashing forum. :roll:

yes i do believe in him but i believe that what he did for the sikh dharam was right, he did his duty as a being a good sikh, what every one should do. But believing and recognising are two very seperate things from where i see it from.

And thankyou very much but i am not violating or bashing this forum .

i am just putting my veiw across just like everyone else is. Now if people haver a problem with this them i will make sure that i will never put my veiw up on this forum again.

It is quite straight, like i said before everyone has their own veiws, weather SOME people like them or not that is their problem.

GURFATEH :shock:

– just a same that his modern day chelas cannot continue his desired action today.

It appears I have made a mistake. I thought the above mentioned comments were regarding Namdhari Singhs. Didn't realize you were refering to Baba Nand Singh's followers. That is why I was agitated as you know Namdhari Singhs take great pride in the fact that despite its size in terms of numbers, there is perhaps no other group that has done as many Paths' Bhogs of the Guru Granths as the Sant Khalsa since its initiation in 1857 A.D. My sincere apologies.

Fateh Singh

I believe 300 plus Akhand Paths were performed last week to commemorate BabaJi's barsi...

Sukhmani Sahib and the recitation of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji have been going on continously (non-stop) for over 55 years at Nanaksar...

So... let's not let a few rotten apples ruin the whole tree...

It should be Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale

just like Baba Thakur Singh

Sant is not a title, its an avastha (state) of ones mind. Its sad that today some people like to put the word Sant in front of their name (not to imply that baba jarnail singh did) and as soon as they do people start doing their "puja". again, Sant is not a title one can put in front of their name.

yes i do believe in him. i am all for khalistan

“Khalistan Zindabad! “

“Raj Karaega Khalsa!â€

“Bhindranwala Sant Sipahi Jinay Sutee Kaum Jaigaiee!â€

(Bhindranwala the Saint Soldier who woke up a sleeping nation).

“Bhindranwalay Dee Soach Tay Pehra Diangay Thok Kay!â€

(We will stand firmly with the ideology of Sant Bhindranwale!).

“Jo Singhan Naal Takraigaa, Choor Choor Ho Jaigaa!â€

(Those who oppose the Singhs will be crushed!).

“Na Hindi Na Hindustan, Lai kay RehNaa Khalistan!â€

(Not Hindi nor Hindustan, we will only rest after taking Khalistan!).

gurfateh !!

Suman this was a very ignorant point to make. I have so been staying away from any debates on Sants as its all a waste of time but dont call all the people who respect them corrupt, people who are in the SGPC and anti-Sant are also corrupt, people who believe there are no Sants are also corrupt but I dont go around proclaiming that on forums.

Guys, let's relax - this is not a competition! ;)

I was just using examples about how there are still many heavenly people present in all walks and "sects"... but anyway... I feel you!

And about Hawara, I dont even know... it's a pity he never ran further away... somewhere like Pakistan would've been good...

And SGPC is dominated by money... the only person I respect is SimranJit Singh Mann...

Oh well... this topics going nowhere (and I still have a post to reply too)...

suman, what have you done for people like hawara?

[highlight=red:b7d039de0f]nothing wow!!!!! :LOL: [/highlight:b7d039de0f]expect make ignorant people aware about who he is..

the people in the sgpc have enough power to help him but they are not. and why are u defending them!!!!!!!!

they go on and on about how young sikhs know nothing about sikhi yet they make no effort to educate them!!! where do their funds go!!! so many gurdwaras are in need of repair in punjab but they don't bother to do anything about them!!!! name me one major thing that the sgpc have done to educate young people..bibi jagir kaur is badal's chamchi... she is a f***ing b**ch...

pls forgive me if i have offended u

• 17 years later...
On 10/11/2005 at 6:13 AM, Niranjana said:

Sat Sri Akal Ji. 

answering about no food in Nanaksar Gurudwara. 

what i heard from elders. 

In one village- one lady said i need to feed my husband first who was working hard all day and then later on i will give food to you as you are just sitting around. 

then baba ji left and started praying to Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Jungle and had promised he will not go to anyone’s house for food and will wait for food that you (Guru Nanak Dev Ji) will send it. 

So he didn’t eat anything for few days and then someone was told to bring food for baba ji in Jungle. And from that time, baba ji was eating food that was brought by sangat and never ever went to anyone’s house in search of food. 

from then till today, sangat brings food in any Gurudwara Nanaksar Sahib and no one cooks it in Gurudwara Nanaksar Sahib. 

bhul chuk maaf kreo sangat Ji. 
my words might have not clearly understandable, as i also do not have exact information. 
I just heard it at my home and do not have any proofs. 
if anyone knows better than me - you can elaborate more. 
but if my family is telling me this. I believe it. 

Gur Fateh Parvaan Hove!

The same is the case for Langar – whether “some†people today start bickering about what tastes good and what doesnâ€2122.pngt is irrelevant, this is the Maryada of Guru Sahib – again address the root cause (peopleâ€2122.pngs attitudes) not ban the maryada of Guru Sahib. I agree with Baba Jee,â€if food arrives, the let it be in the sangats hands" and this is precisely what my initial example illustrated, however some zealous Nanaksar chelas today have sought to claim that not having a regular langar at the Gurdwara Sahib is the “true maryada†– on what basis???

Gur Fateh!