Letter from Indira to Sant Jarnail Singh and its Reply !

SAadmin

I picked up an book recently on- The great Souls of Damdami Taksal.

There is this letter i would like to share with the sangat which was sent indira to sant jarnail singh khalsa bhindranwale and reply by sant jarnail singh khalsa bhindranwale.

I appolize in advance for spelling mistakes, type errors.

Enjoy ! :D

------

Siriman Sant Jarnail Singh Ji,

I want to solve the knotty problem of Punjab, We shall find a solution of the demands of Punjab with mutual talks, we will settle all your demands within the constitution. Taking into account my personal security, fix some time to meet me. Do not waste the potentiality of India in such agitations (Morchas). Any dispute can be resolved with mutual talks. You are patriotice, brave and hard working Punjabi. I hope you will make an significant contribution towards the construction and prosperity of India.

With thanks,

Indira Gandhi

An reply from sant jarnail singh ji to Indira.

IkOngKar Satgur parshad

Us kirpan khando kharg, tupak tabar ur tir.

Saif sarobi saithi yahai hamare pir ||

sword, double-edged sword,bow and arrow are our guides of Gurus

The main sevant of India from political angle, Bibi Indira Ji,

I am expressing my thoughts which will reach your deaf ears. My voice will reach to you expressing the discriminations against the Sikhs, which have injured their feelings. It may let your deaf ears feel, what type of language has been used. But in order to remove your deafness I want to express myself in this letter. Read it carefully.

The enquiry of the death of Lala Jagat Narain, who was connected with the Hindus was completed within three days, the same may be proved from the warrants of my arrest, but the enquiry of the muder of the Guru of the Sikhs, the destruction of wealth of the Sikhs collected in the form of buses and the plunder of the Sikh wealth of three lakh at Chando Kalan was stopped with a writ of a government offical because that enquiry was in the hands of a sikh judge, while my case was registered with a Hindu Juge. This is an example of your deafness, because no Sikh had objected why my enquiry was entrusted to a Hindu Judge.

The dead body of Lala Jagat Narian who was connected with the majority Hindu community was handed over to ramesh after post-mortem. But the dead bodies of about one and half a dozen sikhs at Mehta Chowk in police firing were never handed over to their relatives . This is clear example of discriminations.

None of the Hindus have gone to jail for Hindi Suba, none has courted arrest for renaming a train after the name of a Hindu temple. No one has ever gone to jail for getting the status of a sacred city for some Hindu Railway station. None of the Hindus have made any sacrifice for the preservation of a Hindu symbol. After indepedence they got everything that suited their religion.

But contrary to this, after indepedence more than one lakh of Sikhs have courted arests and a large number of them has been martyred for punjabi speaking state, for installing a transmitter in Golden Temple, for a status of a distinct nation, for getting the status of a sacred city of Amritsar and for getting the right to adorn the Sikh Symbols. Even then your deaf ears have not heard anything.

Sikhs have already faced the cruelty of the rulers with peace, but you should know that when the patience is exhausted the Sikhs have resorted to the armaments according to the advice of Siri Guru Gobind Singh-

When all the means of peaceful solution are exhausted

It is just to resort to arms (Zafar Nama) (Guru Gobind Singh letter to Auranzeb)

But we have still no programme to resort to arms, but if the injustice with the Sikhs continues likes this under the intoxication of chair(state of power) it will not be tolerated for many years or months, because our pateince has exhausted as we have been observing the peaceful means since long. While asking the government to accede to our demands we have been propagating that a Hindu should be perfect in his religious symbols ie he should keep a tuft of hair unshorn on his head, should have a stick in his hand, should wear Dhoti, should wear a sacred thread, should have 12 saffron marks(on head, chin, shoulders, cervix, palate etc). He should read Geeta and worship shiv ling. He should go to temple and ring the holy bells, and should not smoke tobacco. We think such a Hindu as our brother. A Muslim should be perfect in his religion and Sikh should be a perfect Sikh. That is what we preach. How far is it true to term such a person as a terrrorist?

Under the spell of false prestige of state power, many rulers have tried to finish the Sikhs and there is no sign of them now. If you continue your attrocties and tyranny I am afraid, you will meet the same end because power and wealth never remain permanently with anybody. Our Holy scriptures say:

The praise of wealth... does not compare God.

At long last people like the Ravan went barefoot

Putting off clothes of Sikh Girls and asking their father to have sex with them, to put tobacco in the mouth of a Sikh and spitting in his mouth, making a wound in the thigh and putting salt into the wound, putting the houses of the Sikhs on fire, making false cases on SIkh Girls, arresting the SIkh students, killing them in false encounters, and protecting the murderes of Siri Guru Granth Sahib, the chief minister, S.P.D.R Bhatti Ludhiana, D.I.G Mangat of Patiala and their companions are the glaring examples of deafness. Everything is told her in brief.

Let the time come I ll will tell in detial the discrimination meted out to the Sikhs.

Jarnail Singh Khalsa

19-2-83