Are you a spiritual person or religious person?

SAadmin

Are you a spiritual person or religious person?  

9 members have voted

1. 1.

• Spiritual
    • Religious
    • Both
    • Shad up ...mind your own business..
    • Dunno...still exploring myself

^ i don't think that is the case with the majority.

When a spiritual person considers himself a religious person, a change has occured within him that enables him to consider himself a religious person. A change that is very unlikely to occur in someone who follows the religious activities as a duty that has to be performed.

An average religious person considers himeself Religious because he performs the duties/activities that are required of him to be a part of a religion. To him the simply the act of performin has given him the right to be religious.

A spiritual person enjoys the act as if not a duty but a statement of his love .

Altho in the case of a Relgious person, it is his destiny to become spiritual which is free of the robotic actions, but that is not the case with many, he is happy with the title of being called a religious.

No offense but this is a nonsense post (in the nicest possible way).

Both terms here are foreign to Sikhi. What is the equivalent to religion, what is the equivalent to spirituality?

I aim to follow Guru's maryada, socially behave in line with dharam, have a mentor, study adhyatamic jnaan and desire brahmgyan. I'm not sure that fits either category.

No offense but this is a nonsense post (in the nicest possible way).

Both terms here are foreign to Sikhi. What is the equivalent to religion, what is the equivalent to spirituality?

I aim to follow Guru's maryada, socially behave in line with dharam, have a mentor, study adhyatamic jnaan and desire brahmgyan. I'm not sure that fits either category.

sorry ji... roj ardas karda for bibek buddhi....haije guroo maharaj neh bibek buddhi bakshi nahi :cry: :cry:

But you are right......sikhi is a dharam to get brahmgyan rather western concept of so called "religion" & "spirituality" :D:D

this thread remind me of something i once read in one of Prof. Puran Singh ji's books...i think it was either Spirit Born People or SPirit of the SIkh...

anyway...he wrote that when someone asked him what his religion was...he responded by saying "i have no religion, i am a sikh"