sudden shocks

yo no wa ppl on the way home from a shaster vidiya lesson, we ended up hitting a jeep pretty much head on. now wa i wanna no is cn ne one explain wa happens b4 summit like that happens, like for me every thing slowed down, i remember the car crushing under the force, of impact but tthose seconds b4 it did felt like it lasted ages, but after the impact it was all over, i would be very great full if some one could explain that to us. if ya could plz.

ps no major injuries, my head cracked the windscreen but my joora took most impact, now i can really thank waheguru that i became a singh.

sodhi... it's a good thing u survived. i dunno u personally, but u make this place a lil more interesting with ur completely incomprehensible messages. i had to read what u wrote about 5 times before i understood what u had said. but that could also be due to the fact that i just got home from a really long day at uni.

newho... i have no answer to why things seem to slow down in moments of utter terror. i'll think about it and i'll let u know if i figure anything out.

take care u crazy kid...

There is no defnitive explanation from psychologists and neurologists yet on the cause of time perception slowing during a crash. Generally it is still believed dopamine (neurotransmitter) effects the function of the ganglia brain structure which slows time percpetion, particularly in response to a whole barrage of sensory information coupled with fight or flight response (shutting down other body systems through the CNS and ANS systems).

Similar effects have been found with those using psychotropic drugs such as LSD (again which affects dopamine levels); that initial flooding can seriously distort perception of time. However, this is not a definitive explanation.