• Guru Amar Das
    • Guru Ram Das
    • Guru Arjan
    • Guru Hargobind
    • Guru Har Rai
    • Guru Har Krishan
    • Guru Tegh Bahadur
    • Guru Gobind Singh

I want to know which guru is your favorite. Yes its bad manners to ask this .. im sorry. But i think there are some gurus that are popular than others.

Before everyone jumps on my back i should add more to my question. What i wanna know is which guru has influenced your thinking the most .. who has had the most impact on the person you are..

who do you admire the most and for what reasons, what do you love most about that guru?

which guru is closest to your heart and mind?

please answer honestly and concisely!

I'll go first.. this is really really hard to do, but im gonna have to choose between baba nanak, guru arjan and guru gobind singh.

i love baba nanak cause hes seems really patient and tolerant. You know he'd be good to have around if ppl are having a fight. he'd listen to both sides and then tell em what he thought honestly. and then everyone would just admire him for his awesome qualities.

guru arjan dev cause i read his writings and think wow, this is pure genius... im priviliged to be exposed to his thoughts and technique of expressing them

guru gobind singh cause hes one of the few super heros that have existed in history. you know hes close to perfect .. wise, strong, loved, noble.. heroic .. fearless .. fighting against evil not for personal gain but for defence of the weak.

so if im forced to choose, i'd probably go with guru gobind singh .. hes just so cool.

guys thats all well and good that they are from the same light. i agree with you. no problem there. but so am i from the same light, and so are you and everyone else out there. that doesnt mean we dont say so and so is our favorite artist, or hes a good listener .. that person is a wicked writer. we do all those things.

so why does it change here? take it another way, to us sikhs now we have the 10 gurus and then sri gru granth sahib .. plus the historic stuff. all of that combined is what tells what sikhi has been so far.

if you remove bits from that collection, you slowly remove what it is to be a sikh, and lets say if you do this removing so much that you come down to the 10 gurus, then you start removing the gurus one by one, if what you guys were saying were taken strongly, then it wouldnt matter that you were doing this, all you'd need is one guru, any guru and since they are indistinguishable, there would be no loss. obviously this isnt true, there were different personalities involved. different characterstics and focus, which combine to form a rich tapestry that we call sikhi. it doesnt lessen anything about our gurus to acknowlege that.

im curious whether you guys are replying from your own thoughts or what is expected to be said?

hey amrik singh .. thankyou for replying! Maybe if you know the gurus well enough then you cant tell them apart? I dont know.

im not at that stage. so i cant honestly say that stuff! to me they are still a bit different, u know? But i appreciate your reply veer

I think you have that backwards. The more you progress in your spirituality, the more ONeness you will experience within the Gurus. The differences are created by the mind for the nature of it is so......duality. Like one more than the other is the cause of seeing God/Goodness more in one than the other.

I dont find this thread sensible enough. I understand sexy_singh's intention of starting this thread though.

Other ideas: Favourite Gurudwara, Granthi, Sahibzada, Mughal Emperor, Punjab state/city, Raagi Sahibaan, Sikh Historical Females, Warriors, Langar item, Shabad, Nitnem Baani.......

I would prefer to put a full stop on this thread right now, instead of engaging into further discussion like this.

Best Regards.

Gur Parmesar Eko Jaan...doesn't this mean God and Guru are the same, bit different from the question he asked tho innit? OR.....not? Just er sayin..

Man, whenever my 'sweeto penj' and you kno who u are inspires me by sayin 'Guru Ji ang sang' it kinda covers all the Guru's you know? Whenever I think of Guru Ji, I think of all of em, no difference..

thanks kaur!

guys i get it. there is only one guru. das guru were isomorphic. they are the all the same! yes, i agree..

but which one is ur fav? be honest .. dont use this thread as a way to show how holy you are .. speak truthfully. that means i think its fine to say, all the gurus are the same to me, and so they're all equally my favorite IF you truly believe that. well not just believe, because you can force yourself to think that you believe something. make it, if you are being truthful.