Purpose of Amrit

SAadmin

There are three layers of amrit.

First layer of amrit: Khanda Bhatta da Amrit: Amrit in its physical form...all 5 drops of amrit you drink to purify your body..5 drops in your eyes and 5 drops on your dasam dwara so that kamal can flourish at the right time.

Second Layer of Amrit: Naam Amrit...This is given by Panj Pyareiz...when they give you naam amrit..you have to make sure the panj pyareiz has bhagti jeevan....these days amrit has became a joke because panj pyareiz have no bhagti jeevan...thus, creation of malech khalsa's and all inside the panth. Amrit in puratan maryada was never given but gained with lot of seeva and lot of naam simran first. Then it was gained and blessed by guroo maharaj ji.

Sant baba isher singh ji always used to say this:

If one of panj pyareiz is bhramgyani...person who took amrit is greatly benefited because naam that bhramgyani in form of panj pyareiz give you has lot of kaamiya(Acculmation of Naam) in it.

If all panj pyareiz are bhramgyanis...person who took amrit dont even need to make an effort to reach stages of meditation....naam given by them.. has soo much power that will take the person across the ocean regardless...

Third Layer of Amrit: Bhramgyan Amrit/Gyan Amrit. This is the main purpose of amrit..to give you jivan mukhti. That is gained by doing prema bhagti and naam simran of naam(gurmantra-vahiguroo) given by panj pyareiz.

Amrit is a must from panj pyareiz (If you are sikh of guroo gobind singh ji) or your murshad for(kabir panthis, nanakpanthis, udhasipanth etc) whatever form you like to beleive in..Amrit is must..without intitation even nard muni (son of bhrama) didnt get mukhti and had to come back to this earth..did murshad dharan... we are just kirraie(worms)....

Nirgura ka hai naam bhora...gurbani says this...gurbani also says this:

"The mortal, who is without the Guru's Mantra, accursed and contaminated in his life" Panna- 1357

• 2 years later...

Make individuals about to take Amrit go through a cleansing process. This could result in a funny feeling of discomfort. Thought-forms will start running like a scan-disk - files are separated and partially viewed (mainly negative files) because the cleansing process is going to auto-eraze them and their disturbing influence.

Taking Amrit has a profound impact on the Astral body or Sukhsham Sharir. Before the Amrit ceremony, entities previously hosting on you as parasites begin to leave because they cannot stand the positive energy which is going to be given to you.

This results on a feeling of 'being in a twilight zone' similar to a trance state. It is actually a feeling of lightness after a huge burden is removed.

5 pyare, 5 banis, khanda, bata, 5 Ks is not a ritual. Neither are they symbols. They are tools used in a beautiful formula to ensure that you safely get to Sach Khand (the fifth plane - where Satnam is realized as a power equal to a billion suns). This description of Satnam is limited to the human consciousness and used in a figure of speech to express 'unlimited power' which one has never felt before.

Rolling of tears during the Amrit paan is a natural process. One should willingly let tears roll, men and women alike.

positive energy? This is new age language. Sukhsham does not react to 'positive energy'. It reacts because of gunas. What burden has been removed and how? What is the suksham sarir made of, what is happening inside it? This is confused. Use the language and concepts of Guru Maharaj, not new age information from websites. khanda amrit is about diksha, gurmantr and submission to the marg. It is not the end of the spiritual quest but the beginning of it. what does 'satnam is limited to the human consciousness' mean? What is the Guru's understanding of the components of and interactions within the 'human consciousness' and how do they relate to Self? Atam amrit is the experience of Self in sehaj samadhi, that which the path is aiming at.

I would advise you humbly to stop vomiting poison about other religious traditions and get to grips with the basics of the path you wish to tread. This is not even the first step - 'vin gun keetay bhagat na hoi'.

If its purely about what you experience, whats the need for Sikhi? Your talking away Sikhi naamjap!

You must understand that a Guru; explains the path (and a student should listen carefully to the language used), guides you on the path (tells you when your getting it wrong) and qualifies the nature of your experience (again through language).

Otherwise, you are in a new age world where vague terminology and a lack of clarity float around to describe cognition emotion and 'feelings' like 'positive energy' or 'astral travelling'.

Your catch all phrase 'its about experience' has been the justification for every attempted mutation that has ever happened to Sikh sidhant....go read. What it attempts to do is undermine the specific nuances of gurmat and replace it with a vague free for all.

You talk of knowing but with utter sincerity, there will be no knowing of any kind as long as you believe it is justifiable to take swipes at other religious traditions. As I have said, that is a very basic level failure.

Experience is subjective and all expression of experience vary. A true seeker leaves no stone unturned in an attempt to find company having similar experiences.

One does not have to agree with another's narrative description of inner experience, just like you have every right to disagree with me. But this does not stop one from seeking for company who share partially similar challenges.

Using terms in Gurmat does have its limitations as well. Because in gurmat kindergarten level experiences might now suffice documentation. But here I am in my infancy stages eager to explore the world. You as the more experienced parent can stop me from going towards that direction again and again.

But you were a child like me before. And you know it that parental advise is often sought as a last resort because I ( the crawling baby) want to learn by touch, taste, smell and hard-knocks.

I also know that GuruJi will always be there for me when I meet with failure.

tSingh, I remember N30 mentioning you as very experienced and knowledgable. So here I am, yeaning to sincerely understand - goonge ki mithiyai ( not providing literal meaning, anybody can do that) but expanding it in the form of real experience. Just like a dumb person cannot express the taste of the candy, so a devotee of God cannot express his experience in words." But please expand this to a practical level which will bring me success. Sincerely, I am asking. You may choose to answer it via email. But please do answer. I will appreciate it.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

if you listen to katha of bhatta sawaiyeh by sant hardev singh lulovale ( 100 files) baba mentions that khanda pahul is the amalgamation of jantar tantar and mantar to achieve a miracle

tantra - khanda vessel water sugar sri sahib etc

mantra - Gurbani jaap

jantra - the human act of making the amrit. sitting i bir asan eyes on the batta etc

Edited by PAL 07

• 6 months later...

As per the title of this thread "Purpose of Amrit", das would like to share some bachans of Dhan Dhan Guru Amar Das Maharaj, in Raag Maajh :

amrit naam man vasaa-ay, ha-umai mayraa sabh dukh gavaa-ay.

Enshrining the Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, in the mind,

all the pains of egotism, selfishness and conceit are eliminated.

In the very first begining, He tells us that: Nam Simran is a type of Amrit, which if enshrined in the mind, means to reach a stage by saas saas Simran, in which, the Simran goes rom rom within us, and the result is, that, our mind gets purified to an extent, thus we experiment a change in our behaviour. Our haume, me, mine, ego, greed, selfishness, desires, 5 vikars, are substituted by the followwing virtues: humility, patience, forbearance, forgiveness, detachment / vairag, and above all devotion for His Lotus Feet.

All our pains and sins are due to our misbehaviour as beasts, rather than as godly human beings. So here, Guru Jee is telling us that by drinking the Amrit of Nam Simran, we loose our chains with the perishable world, and tighten our relation, dhoree, with Wahiguru

This is the first step in ruhaniyat or parmarath.

Then He tells us :

amrit banee sadaa salaahay amrit amrit paavni-aa.
By continually praising the Ambrosial Bani of the Word, I obtain the Amrit, the Ambrosial Nectar.

Here He is telling us, that, by continuos praising the Ambrosial Bani of the Word, which means, continous, incessant parctice of Nam Simran, means, we have done the jugtee of Nam simran with such faith, love and devotion, that our mind is subdued, the deewar, the curtain between us and Wahiguru, has been torn off, and so, I obtain the Amrit, the Ambrosial Nectar.

Now, we may ask, If Nam Simran is a type of Amrit as said above, which Amrit is now referring to, Dhan Guru Amar Das, which is produced by Nam Simran?

Well, to this question, once again He himself gives us the answer in the following line:

amrit sabad, amrit har banee.
The Shabad is Amrit; the Lord's Bani is Amrit.

Here, He tells us that, the Shabad, the Sound current is the Amrit.

By His utter Grace, Guru Jee is telling us, how to produce or get the real Amrit.

First of all, He said, doing Nam Simran is a type of Amrit, but the real Amrit is the Shabad, and if Amrit is Shabad, is the celestial Bani resounding within us nonstop, means that, Nam Simran, purifies us that much, that we start to listen the Shabad Dhun. Listening to this Shabad Dun within us, is according to our Guru Sahibans, the drinking of the real Amrit within us.

By listening to this Shabad, or drinking the Amrit, our sins, or karmas are all wiped away. Sachay Patshah Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj, reffering to it, says in Japji Sahib: Suniye, paap dukh ka naas. Listen to it and all your pains and sins shall be destryed, means come to an end, thus no more cycle of births and deaths.

The same is said by Guru Amar Das below.

amrit banee si-o chit laa-ay amrit sabad vajaavani-aa.
Those who focus their consciousness on the Ambrosial Bani of the Word(Nam Simran), hear the vibrations of the Ambrosial Word of the Shabad.

Now, after this short veechar, we have seen how is this Amrit produced ,and where to look for it, but still one may ask: who can have this Amrit ?

For that our question, Guru Jee clears our horizons:

one can not get it by copying others, neither by any of our tricks, nor by force, but, only by His Daya meher, His Grace, by His Mauj.

tayray bhaanay vich amrit vasai toon bhaanai, amrit pee-aavni-aa.
In Your Sweet Will, the Amrit is found; by Your Will, You inspire us to drink in this Amrit.

This means, we may put any amount of errforts, but only those whom He wants to call back to Him, do this type of Gurbhakti, devotion according to the Bani, the rest will wander in the chaurasee, with their manmat.

Nevertheless for the mean time, we may read the Bani and follow it implicitly, remain in Sadh Sangat, do seva with mind, body and with our surtee, try to defeat the mind and throw away all our bad vices and replace them with godly virtues, thus make us fit in His eyes, that He may shower upon us His Daya Meher, and make us worthy to do the right devotion as per the Bani, and be such wadbhagees, that one day we may also drink His Amrit, by His will ( hukmay amrit pee-aavni-aa)..

Sat Sree Akal.

May God bless all.

Edited by harsharan000

The Amrit of which our Guru Sahibans , Gurmukhs and bhagats talk about, is the one which takes us out from the planes of mortality, to the realm of immortality.

As seen in the post above, Guru Sahiban is telling us, that, that Amrit is none other than the Shabad itself. This Amrit is not to be drunk like we prepare here with water and other elements.

Different dharams have their way of preparing it.

But the true Amrit, which makes us immortal, by removing all our impurities and bandhans of karmas, sanskaras, freedom from the 5 vikars, mind and maya, is, Wahiguru´s Name or Naam. The outer amrits are just rituals and symbols, while the inner one is the Truth itself.

The outer one is had through the mouth, gives us some taste, goes into the intestinal system and is flushed out, that is it at most.

Some people think that by bathing in sacred waters, their sins are washed away. That is also manmat.

We must bear in mind, that anything made out of the 5 perisahble and insentient elements of the creation, can not be anything than perishable as its origin.

Our human body is made out of the combination of all the 5 elemnts together, and if that very body perishes, which is not man made, but created by Nature and puffed with spirit which gives it life, how can we ever think, that the amrit made by us, will make us pure and permanent?

It maybe a ritual, a custom widely followed by the majority, but, let us see carefully the words of the Bani of our Guru Sahibans, and see and compare if the Amrit which they refer, is the same as we tend to think or take....

They say, the Amrit is Shabad.

And as Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj tells us in Raag Prabhaatee:

oopar koop gagan panihaaree amrith peevanehaaraa
The Well is high up in the Tenth Gate; the Ambrosial Nectar flows, and I drink it .

He clearly points us where is that Amrit to be found. He says, the well from where it flows , is right up within us, in the Tenth Gate, and I drink it.

Now, to have this Amrit from that inner and upper well, we have to reach there, not otherwise.

What have we got to do, to reach there?

There are no outer vehicles or stairs to reach. There is only one stair, only one path without second, and that is His Simran, which elevates us to that Tenth gate to enter within, and then once inside, one gets that Amrit. And this Amrit is not to be had by the mouth, but by the mind and soul.

If had being a wadbhagee, it weakens the mind to the extent that, that very dusht mind is subdued totally, and the soul is empowered and regains its true essence and awareness, thus is freed and again with the aid of Nam / Shabad, reaches back to its Nijh Ghar Sach Khand.

And as this Amrit is Shabad, this means, it is had by having the Darshan of the Jot emanating from it, and is to be listened by the mind and soul, to the Dhun or the Sound Current, as main manifestations.

Shabad is Sound Current, and so, it has to be listened, ultimately by the Soul.

And this has to be done by each one of us. It is not like for example, like the hindus go to the river Ganges, and some family members or friends tell them to bring a couple of bottles filled with that water ......

No, no, no ..... it is not anything as such.

The river Ganges maybe one only for all people.

But the well from which True Amrit flows, Wahiguru gracefully and wisely has kept it within each one of us, for us to drink it to our full brim.

The veechar in this post is not done to hurt anyone´s feelings or emotions, but is done with the sole purpose, to bring awareness within us, and justice to the teachings of our Guru Sahibans. We people do things in our perspectives and limited knowledge, but Wahiguru does things in the best possible way, full of grace, full of mercy and full of uncondtional love. That is why, if things are done in His way, they work, otherwise we humans are shameless and corrupted crooks.

So please forgive me, if anybody is hurt.

We must bear in mind, we are not important.

It is only Wahiguru, and His Nam, which is important, and the Truth He shared with us, through the teachings of the Gurmukhs, Bhagat Jans, and Guru Sahibans in the Bani.

And this Truth, is nothing else, but Shabad and only Shabad, everything else is "koor".

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

Respected Veer Singh123456777,

first of all apologizes, if you are hurt by my post.

Secondly, whatever I state, is not of my own but from the pure paviter Bani of our Guru Sahibans. For me Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj was the manifested swaroop of Wahiguru Akal Purukh, and as such, He is beyond my mind and intellect.

You are totally free to disagree with me, but whether you believe it or not, I can never ever go against sikhee, which is my very life, the reason of my existence.

When we talk about Gurmat, why only mention one Guru, and not keep in mind also, the rest of our Guru Sahibans. The words of Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj, are as important, as well as of the rest of the Guru Sahibans.

If I state anything out of the Bani, please let me know.

If I wrote :

amrit sabad, amrit har banee.
The Shabad is Amrit; the Lord's Bani is Amrit.

It is because, these words, are of Guru Amar Das Maharaj, and He clearly states, the Shabad or Nam is the Amrit.

The thing is, we are talking of 2 different exsiting Amrits. You are mentioning the rite of amrit sanskar, and I am talking about the Amrit which our Guru Sahibans talk about and say it is Shabad itself, and this one is found within us, by the jugtee of Nam Abhyaas. This Shabad, is not written in any language, thus it can not be read. This Amrit Shabad is to be heard by the soul, for that one needs purity of mind.

The Bani also says, even if one is ignorant as a donkey, you do nothing else but you do Nam Simran, one comes to know of everything, including Him.

That is why also first Patshahee, says in Jap Ji Sahib:

Suniai sidh pir sur nath

suniai dharat dhaval akas

suniai dip loa patal

suniai poh(i) na sakei kaal

Mortal becomes a perfect saint, a religious guide, a spiritual leader, and a great yogi, by heraing the Naam

Reality of the earth and the bull supporting it and of heaven becomes known by hearing the Naam

Knlwledge of the world, continents and nether regions is gained by the mortal by hearing the Naam

Death can not touch and come near the mortal by hearing the Naam.

So brother Singh Jee, we can see all wadiayee, all mahima is due to Naam or Shabad. And to obtain all that goodness from it, only we need to be touch with it, and that is by His Simran alone.

Sat Sree Akal.

Veer ji I do not know much. I would be blessed to be the dust of the saints feet but in my lowly opinion without the Amrit of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj first the Amrit of naam cannot come. A person has to become a sikh of the guru and the only way to become a Sikh of the guru is becoming amritdhari. I agree that to destroy your past sins and become one with Akaal purkh bhagti of the naam is a must but without becoming a sikh of the guru it does not matter.

ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਿ ਆਵੈ ਤਾ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥O my mind, coming to the Sanctuary of the Guru, you shall become immaculate and pure.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਥਕੇ ਮੈਲੁ ਨ ਸਕੀ ਧੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥The self-willed manmukhs have grown weary of chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, but their filth cannot be removed. ||1||Pause||

ਮਨਿ ਮੈਲੈ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾਇ ॥With a polluted mind, devotional service cannot be performed, and the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be obtained.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੈਲੇ ਮੈਲੇ ਮੁਏ ਜਾਸਨਿ ਪਤਿ ਗਵਾਇ ॥ The filthy, self-willed manmukhs die in filth, and they depart in disgrace.

A manmukh can do as much bhagti as they want but it is pointless until they become a gurmukh. How does one become a gurmukh? The only way to become a gurmukh is to take the Amrit our father Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj has given us. What was the need of Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji Kaleran Vale to take Amrit? He is one of the few people who probably did the most bhagti in the last century. Why did he still need to take Amrit? Because that is the gurus hukam even if it might be ritualistic. 99.999999999999999% of mahapurkhs and sants were all amritdhari. I'm not counting Christian sants or Hindu or Muslim sants etc.

Please forgive me of I have offended anybody with my post. I am a dog who is hoping to find my master in this world.

A manmukh can do as much bhagti as they want but it is pointless until they become a gurmukh. How does one become a gurmukh? The only way to become a gurmukh is to take the Amrit our father Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj has given us. What was the need of Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji Kaleran Vale to take Amrit? He is one of the few people who probably did the most bhagti in the last century. Why did he still need to take Amrit? Because that is the gurus hukam even if it might be ritualistic. 99.999999999999999% of mahapurkhs and sants were all amritdhari. I'm not counting Christian sants or Hindu or Muslim sants etc.

Please forgive me of I have offended anybody with my post. I am a dog who is hoping to find my master in this world.

Fair enough Singhji, you are entitled to your opinion.

You mentioned Sant Baba Nand Singh ji..... and I just wanted to give a little more information.

I have come across previously where Baba Isher Singh ji stressed the importance of simran/shabad/gurbani as the only true means of mukhti.

When he says the 'only true means', this is not indicating that he is not regarding sacred amrit as much, but he says something along the lines that to attain mukhti you have to die first and the amrit ceremony and devotion to rehat is when you offer your head and completely overcome any fear of death..

In short-.......

Partaking amrit is the step when you overcome fear of death and offer/sacrifice of mann, tanh.

Simran/gurbani/bhagti is to merge and attain mukhti from cycle of birth/death.... this is the kamayee, and has to be earned with self effort.

You mention manmukh and gurmukh in above post-

I think Singhji that the status of Gurmukh is not immediately earned after partaking in amrit, but I would call it the status of 'Gursikh'.

To be Gurmukh, you have to live by gurbani and partake in both bhagti/simran and amrit.. ..ie..Miri-Piri concept

I hope that makes a little more sense as that's what I currently understand !

Edited by Lucky

Dear Friends,

Let us not argue over which one is Amrit and which is not. Who are we to make such judgements. Leave it to the Gurus. I don't think we can compare Amrit in the context of gurbani and khande baate da Amrit.

Ang 1238

Shalok, Second Mehl:

salok mehlaa 2.

Those who are blessed with the glorious greatness of Your Name - their minds are imbued with Your Love.

jin vadi-aa-ee tayray naam kee tay ratay man maahi.

O Nanak, there is only One Ambrosial Nectar; there is no other nectar at all.

naanak amrit ayk hai doojaa amrit naahi.

O Nanak, the Ambrosial Nectar is obtained within the mind, by Guru`s Grace.

naanak amrit manai maahi paa-ee-ai gur parsaad.

They alone drink it in with love, who have such pre-ordained destiny.

tinHee peetaa rang si-o jinH ka-o likhi-aa aad.

Edited by Sat1176

Veer Jee,

at least I am not offended at all from your posts.

From your regular writings, I somehow perceive you are a good person at heart, you have no malice, the only thing is, you have a different opinion, and that is quite understandable, and natural also That is it. Now if I am allowed, I am going to quote from your last post.

Veer ji I do not know much. I would be blessed to be the dust of the saints feet but in my lowly opinion without the Amrit of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj first the Amrit of naam cannot come.

Other amrits can be available or not, may need the intervention of other people in this getting the outer amrit, but the fact is, the inner Amrit, is already there within us, irrespective of if one is a sinner, a sadhu, or a sant ..... it is kept by Wahiguru Himself within us. There is no particular time to get it, it is flowing within us, all the 24 hours non stop, it all depends as how much we are aware of it, and do the needful bhakti to sip it to our brim and become purer and purer, and moreover this inner Amrit is made by Wahiguru Himself, without any tools or any of the other the insentient and perishable elements of this mayavee creation, outer circumstances and conditions are irrelevant in getting this pure paviter Amrit.

A person has to become a sikh of the guru and the only way to become a Sikh of the guru is becoming amritdhari. I agree that to destroy your past sins and become one with Akaal purkh bhagti of the naam is a must but without becoming a sikh of the guru it does not matter.

Yes, it is true a person has to become a sikh of the Guru. But in reality who is a sikh, who is the Guru? Of course, not the body, which once again is made of the 5 perishable elements, and is converted to dust. And upon this your statement, the Bani very clearly tells who are the real sikh and Guru...

The Bani says: Shabad Guru, surat dhun chela. The True Guru is the Shabad, which is permanent and unchangeable, which is the Highest level of consciousness, who came at our level in the human form,as our Guru Sahibans; and the true disciple, sikh or chela is the surtee, the soul, who follows the True Guru within, because it is the soul which has to get muktee, from this mayavee perishable creation.

Sikhee is a path of surrender, of devotion, of unconditional love to Wahiguru at His Lotus Feet, not a range of labelling oneself with rituals, rites, dogmas, rules or regulations. Sikhee is a path of practice of the Truth, to be travelled by each one of us.

ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਿ ਆਵੈ ਤਾ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

O my mind, coming to the Sanctuary of the Guru, you shall become immaculate and pure.

Yes, that is true. But which is the sanctuary of the Guru? It is the Sadh Sangat, where one comes and receives the divine vibrations full of love and mercy. And the True sanctaury is also within us, it is the residence of the Truth, and it is everlasting as the Truth itself.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਥਕੇ ਮੈਲੁ ਨ ਸਕੀ ਧੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The self-willed manmukhs have grown weary of chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, but their filth cannot be removed. ||1||Pause||
ਮਨਿ ਮੈਲੈ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾਇ ॥With a polluted mind, devotional service cannot be performed, and the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be obtained.

That is also true, because they chant the Name of the Lord like parrots, without love, without devotion, and while doing so, their minds are wandering here and far, so how can they achieve anything of that chanting of His Name? Obvoiusly nothing.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੈਲੇ ਮੈਲੇ ਮੁਏ ਜਾਸਨਿ ਪਤਿ ਗਵਾਇ ॥

The filthy, self-willed manmukhs die in filth, and they depart in disgrace.

Again the Bani warns us about these people, it says that these so filthy(karmically heavy), self willed(egocentrics), die in filth. So what is that filth? It is maya and the perishable creation up to Braham, made from the perishable elements: water, air, fire, earth and ether .

A manmukh can do as much bhagti as they want but it is pointless until they become a gurmukh. How does one become a gurmukh?

Yes, this is is true also. Manmukhs do bhakti, not of Wahiguru Akal Purukh, but the bhakti within the parameteres chalked by our religions, our dharmas, they care more for the outer aspects, for the world and its opinion, rather than, trying to merge in Wahiguru, by doing true devotion. So naturally they can never succeed in ruhaniyat.

The Bani goes to the extent and says: dharam bhoome ka jisko abheeman, seh andhaa moorakh agyaan..

The only way to become a gurmukh is to take the Amrit our father Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj has given us. What was the need of Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji Kaleran Vale to take Amrit? He is one of the few people who probably did the most bhagti in the last century. Why did he still need to take Amrit? Because that is the gurus hukam even if it might be ritualistic. 99.999999999999999% of mahapurkhs and sants were all amritdhari. I'm not counting Christian sants or Hindu or Muslim sants etc.

If any Guru creates any rite or ritual, only they know best. They know how weak and shameless are we people, so maybe, Tenth Patshahee, thought of creating this rite, so as just to be a reminder for us, that we are sikhs of a Perfect Guru, we have to be alert at all times, that we have to do saas saas Naam Simran, that we have to avoid giving pain, speak the truth and do seva with : tan, man and dhan as much as possible, and above all, the seva done with our surtee, that is the bhajan bandagee of Naam Simran. Sikh is a disciple of a Guru, and to be a perfect disciple, means to follow the discipline of Gurmat, which aims not at the world or the people, but only Wahiguru, without even forgetting Him with even at the blink of an eye...

Everybody can do bhakti at anytime, the thing is, the dirt is within our mind, and this dirt is not gross, but subtle. Water can not drown it, fire can not burn it, air can not blow it away, earth can not hide it underneath, and ether can not swallow it, so what is it, tha tcan wipe it and make us immaculate, like He Himself? The Bani says: it is only Nam itself.

Dhan Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj in Raag Gauree tells us:

naam binaa jaytaa bi-uhaar. ji-o mirtak mithi-aa seegaar.
Without the Naam, all occupations are useless, like decorations on a dead body.

naam sang man pareet na laavai.
One whose mind does not embrace love for the Naam
kot karam karto narak jaavai.
shall go to hell, even though he may perform millions of ceremonial rituals.

har kaa naam jin man na aaraaDhaa.
One whose mind does not contemplate the Name of the Lord
chor kee ni-aa-ee jam pur baaDhaa.
is bound like a thief, in the City of Death.

har kaa naam so-ee jan lay-ay.
That humble being repeats the Name of the Lord,
kar kirpaa naanak jis day-ay.
O Nanak, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy

After talking about the supreme importance of Naam in this Raag, Guru jee tells us in the last 2 lines, that the bhakti of Naam can not be practiced just like that, only that wadbhagee jeev does Naam Simran, to whom Wahiguru Himself wants to take out from the mayavee creation, and call that particular soul, back to Him

So we can clearly see through the Bani, the first prerequisite to do His bhakti is, His Mauj, His bhaana, His will, otherwise nobody can even think of Him, and secondly, when He blesses us with His Grace, we do that bhakti which gives us muktee by reuniting us with Him, and that is only Naam Simran, that is His daat.

As said above, at least I am not offended with your post, and please do not call yourself a dog, our father wahiguru Akal Purukh is with us, just practice the Bani implictly, and you shall get the Lord God Wahiguru Himself. May God bless you.

Waheguru

Edited by harsharan000

ਸਾਚ ਬਿਨਾ ਸੂਚਾ ਕੋ ਨਾਹੀ ਨਾਨਕ ਅਕਥ ਕਹਾਣੀ

Saach Binaa Soochaa Ko Naahee Naanak Akathh Kehaanee

साच बिना सूचा को नाही नानक अकथ कहाणी

Without the True Name, no one can become pure; O Nanak, this is the Unspoken Speech.

ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਾਚੈ ਰਹੈ ਸਮਾਏ

Than Man Niramal Niramal Baanee Saachai Rehai Samaaeae

तनु मनु निरमलु निरमल बाणी साचै रहै समाए

His body and mind become immaculate, through the Immaculate Bani of the Word. He remains absorbed in Truth.

In these above lines of First Patshahee Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj, He clears some of our brahams or misconceptions of the spiritual reality :

Firstly,He says that, if we believe we are sinners, we are not pure, we are not worthy, then practice the devotion of Naam bhakti, as soon as possible, because without this bhakti no one can become pure.

Then in the second line He confirms us, that, by doing this type of bhakti, one´s body, and mind, both become immaculate, then one is attuned to the Anhad Bani or Shabad within, this is also drinking the inner Amrit, which one reaches by doing Naam Simran alone, this Amrit is made by Wahiguru Himself, rather we can say, this Amrit is Wahiguru Himself, who cleanses us, who purifies us, with His Shabad form, from all our sins and sanskaras, as well as all the vikaars, then naturally we become pure paviter, and again by this Amrit we merge in Him, but if seen with attention to this whole process of our purification and union with Him, it started with the simple jugtee of Naam Simran.

Truly Naam Simran is the panacea for everything.

Waheguru.

Edited by harsharan000

Wahiguru Akal Purukh is our True Father, so we are His children.

Maybe at a worldly level, if we are going to meet a big personality, like a king, a prime minister, or someone alike, we may need a protocol or ceremony with the aid or intervention of some others.

But, to meet our True Father Wahiguru Akal Purukh, we need nothing of that sort, we only need purity in mind, a sense of helplesness(self surrender or humility), and an intense longing to meet Him and have His Darshan, that is it all.

The rest is arranged by Him.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

parabh kaa simran sabh tay oochaa.
The remembrance of God is the highest and most exalted of all. SGGS. 263

sarab Dharam meh saraysat Dharam.
Of all religions, the best religion
har ko naam jap nirmal karam.
is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct.
sagal kir-aa meh ootam kiri-aa.
Of all religious rituals, the most sublime ritual
saaDhsang durmat mal hiri-aa.
is to erase the filth of the dirty mind in the Company of the Holy.
sagal udam meh udam bhalaa.
Of all efforts, the best effort
har kaa naam japahu jee-a sadaa.
is to chant the Name of the Lord in the heart, forever.
sagal baanee meh amrit baanee.
Of all speech, the most ambrosial speech
har ko jas sun rasan bakhaanee.
is to hear the Lord's Praise and chant it with the tongue.
sagal thaan tay oh ootam thaan.
Of all places, the most sublime place,
naanak jih ghat vasai har naam. ||8||3||

O Nanak, is that heart in which the Name of the Lord abides. SGGS p.266

• 4 years later...

Though I m too lowly to comment on anything in this regard as I m not blessed with either of the Amrit yet still all I would like to mention here something that I heard in a Katha... Pls consider

This is like 'water boring' or a handpump where they dig deep till they reach the water level below the earth.. then put water from above and as both the waters meet a spring of water bursts out of the earth, which doesn't stop after that. Amrit inside the body and Amrit ceremony can thus be related. Where both are equally important as if u don't dig deep enough you won't be able to solve the purpose and vice versa. 

2. If Amrit ceremony would have not been important why would Guru Gobind Singh Sahib have  taken it himself?? Who could be more pious??

Edited by Mooorakh
Typos