Radhasoami

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!.

The Radhasoamis often talk about meditation. When they are iniated they are given a word to meditate on. According to them the word given to them by their Guru has a certain sound current. Does anyone know what the sound current is? Apparently, there is a reference to it on the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. I've never heard of it.

Gurfateh

apparently, they are actually given five words which are kept highly secret (however i've been told that a disgruntled ex-disciple actually published these words on the internet).

apparently, their 'guru' says that each word corresponds to a different spiritual plane.

a radhasoami who lives nearby me told me that she received initiation not from her 'guru' but from one of his followers - so many followers do not even get to see him, let alone actually talk to him etc.

quite a strange relationship really.

ps. aside from this, they are absolutely obsessed with the twisting, garbling and misinterpretation of Guru's Dhurki Bani. these efforts are solely conceived to justify their personality-cult led system.

Gurfateh

Fateh,

Sikhi is not suppose to have any sects, than where do radhaswamis fall? Our eleventh Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji will always be our Guru, than why do we need another one? Guru Gobind Singh Ji made Shabad Guru the next Guru after him, if he really wanted a Living/human Guru to be next I think he would have found one.

bhul chuk mauph

Fateh

Sat Sri Akal:

Radhasoamis were origionally not of the Punjab, or even turban wearing. It is when one former Sikh went to the Radhasoami Dera (in Agra, I believe) that it took on a "turbaned-Guru" look and came to the Punjab.

And by the way, Radhasoami is not one group. Within this title lie 36+ separate deras, each with separate Gurus and claims to being true Radhasoamis.

• 4 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!.

The Radhasoamis often talk about meditation. When they are iniated they are given a word to meditate on. According to them the word given to them by their Guru has a certain sound current. Does anyone know what the sound current is? Apparently, there is a reference to it on the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. I've never heard of it.

Highest name is Waheguru. The rada's gave 5 words which I forget.

I think the Shabd (sound current) will manifest within you when you are advanced enough. I was actually student of one of these guys and was initiated once. But I learned that the 'guru' or teacher as I thought of him had a shady past so I ditched. I actually learned this from a student of another rada 'guru'!!! Something involving a leadership dispute (there were many in radhaswami history) and cooked finances. As for their talk of needing a Guru, it's true that you need a Guru but they don't have to be people. Taking Amrit will make you the disciple of the highest Guru there is. It's like being initiated by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. I read that if you follow maryada for a few months before taking Amrit, it will not only give you a huge spiritual boost, but also Amrit Rasa (sweet flavour in the mouth when you recite bani or meditate on the Naam). If you want to check out more you should read Bhai Randheer Singh Ji's writings from the AKJ website. With Guru's grace, I'll be ready to take Amrit soon.

peace.