1947?

Gabbar

Exactly my thoughts veer ji,

Lot of people have forgotten about the massacare of 1 million sikhs in 1947. I dont see their rememberance in daily ardas.

Lets remember all the shaheeds from Guru Maharaj time until now...not just 1984...Also learn to apperciate Nihang contributions to the panth when it comes to shaheediya's. Lot of singhs play their trumphet oh nihangs didnt contribute in 1984 struggle. One shall ask where was your babar khalsa or kcf when nihangs were getting shaheediya prior to the british?

I don't think 1947 has been forgotten but the reasons behind the murders of sikhs and others in 47 are over. I don't think anybody doesn't recognise the shaheediya of singhs/singhnis pre -84. This includes the valiant shahidiya by the nihung dals. However the reason 84 shahidiya are so widely remembered is that:

1. they are living memory

2. the issues which started it still exist, i.e. sikhs are still 2nd class citizens in india.

Also regarding the KCF and Babbars neo, i think their shahidiya are very valid and its a bit rich to belittle the shaheeds by saying where were they during the british times. I also think it is a valid argument to say certain nihung dals neglected their duty during the times of mass terror in punjab.

I dont have any problem with recent shaheeds. I do have a problem with their chelas think they group is only one to have shaheediya and no one else.

* Open your eyes & Smell the coffeee*

Babbar Khalsa and KCF is only small dot in a Sikh history which they contributed to the panth in time of oppression out of thousands.

Request to their chelas. Lets not disrespect the dip of their blood by saying "oh we are the only ones who save the panth" and wake up and apperciate other singhs from different sampardhaya contribution to the panth.

Such ahankar doesnt say for long.

over and out !

Sorry but I think we are going slightly off the topic here....

So, going back to my original point.... The reasons behind the murders are over? I dont think so. The fact is that innocent people were killed in Amritsar in 1947, especially by general Dwyer. This was on Viasakhi too! And all they were doing is a peaceful protest. This is where women and children were present!

Howver, come Vaisakhi time, or around April or even August 15th, how times are these sacrifices are remembered? I would have thought at least the British government would remember this? But not a lot of people know... i dont think many sikhs know about this.

Another point, sihks in the world war, what a sacrifice, Especially with November 11th coming up, this should be remembered and made aware. Not just sikhs for that matter, but the millions who died fighting for truth and against evil. What a sacrifice!

Please do not forget these people and shaeeds who have died.

N30 Singh, I don’t understand how you expect to honour the puraatan Shaheed Singhs when you are here taking every chance possible to trash the sacrifices of the recent Shaheeds. We honour and remember the puraatan Shaheeds when we do our ardas, tell their stories to our children and most importantly try to reflect and live life in accordance to Sikhism because of the Shaheedi they gave for our present generation. We no longer have the need to honour the modern day Nihangs for the sacrifices of the Puraatan Singhs. What have they done in the recent past that we the Sikhs can be proud of? With the Nihangs forcibly taking over farms of the Punjabi farmer, betraying the Panth in 84, Nihang Chief Ajit Singh Poola who is responsible for many deaths and even raping of women, the Punjabi people no longer feel the need to honour the modern day Nihangs for the sacrifices of the Puraatan Singhs.

Sikhs don’t think of Nihangs as the true inheritors of the legacy of puraatan Singhs anymore just because they have lineage, but instead our people honour the recent Shaheeds such as Sant Jernail Singh Jee Bindrawalay, Gen. Shahbeg Singh, Bhai Fauja Singh as the true inheritors and torch bearers of the puraatans Shaheed Singh’s legacy. The reason is because they didn’t just wear a Bana, have a long beard and talk about this and that. They backed their words up by giving the ultimate sacrifice for the honour of the Khalsa Panth. They were chivalrous and brave like the puraatan Singhs. That’s what counts and deserves respect, not lineage.

Giving respect based on lineage is futile and quite frankly ridiculous. It’s almost us trying to revive the outdated and dead tradition of honouring every Bedi and Sodi out there because they might be related to the Gurus. If in a future Sikh conflict the Nihangs give sacrifices for the Panth, then they will deserve respect from the Panth, but currently I cannot and will not be politically correct by saying they deserve respect because of the sacrifices of our ancestors.

Exactly my thoughts veer ji,

Lot of people have forgotten about the massacare of 1 million sikhs in 1947. I dont see their rememberance in daily ardas.

The figure of 1 million is an estimate for the number of Punjabis (Muslim, Hindu and Sikh) killed during the partition riots. It is not a figure for the number of Sikhs killed. The death toll of Sikhs even does not come even close to 1 million.

Gabbar, you may like to read through this book if you havent already done so - http://www.bharatvani.org/books/mla/

Although keep in mind that the book is very much one sideded as it mentions almost nothing about the attacks on Muslims by the Sikhs and Hindus of Punjab.

Jiyo,

• 2 weeks later...

The figure of 1 million is an estimate for the number of Punjabis (Muslim, Hindu and Sikh) killed during the partition riots. It is not a figure for the number of Sikhs killed. The death toll of Sikhs even does not come even close to 1 million.

Gabbar, you may like to read through this book if you havent already done so - http://www.bharatvani.org/books/mla/

Although keep in mind that the book is very much one sideded as it mentions almost nothing about the attacks on Muslims by the Sikhs and Hindus of Punjab.

Jiyo,

jahan always has 2 jump on the muslims side of the story...

read our sikh history...

May the soldiers from all over the world who died bravely in this war rest in peace, They did a great seva for this world and it will not be forgotten.

Rab Rakha

they went around killing and murdering there fellow human beings. carpet bombing cities such as coventry and dresden. dopping nuclear bombs on towns in Japan wiping out mass civilian life. chardi kala sewa. just because people went to war does NOT mean they did sewa man.