Hollywood movie of roles of sikhs in WWII

madcapper14

As some of you may know sikhs are often depicted in a negative way in bollywood movies - the comical drunken coward. What I am suggesting is that sikhs (particulalry ones with resources) start thinking about creating a hollywood production like saving private ryan to educate people about sikhs. What better way then displaying the significant contributions sikhs made to protect world freedom.

For example we could follow a sikh platoon during the WWII etc. There is a rich history to draw from.

What do you think?

very good idea - all it takes is one person with a good script to display it to a film company and they do all the funding - the idea is unique in its own way

any good writers out there???? 8)

welcome to the site by the way :D

we already gotta open offer here... for all the UK BLOKES

-------------------------------------------------

My name is Mike McCarthy MD of North East Productions, UK based filmmakers.

I have written a screenplay which involves a Sikh Policeman playing the hero/lead role

I was wondering if you, via your web site would consider posting this request as we are seeking investment or possible co-production from the Sikh business community or funding to make this film possible.

I believe we have a hit production on our hands. It is hoped the Sikh element within the picture will help bridge cultural gaps.

It is also conceivable the story could be adapted as a UK television serial.

Hope you can be of assistance in this matter.

Thanks for your time.

I will provide contact details as and when requested by interested parties.

Yours Sincerely.

Mike McCarthy

------------------------------------

Our company are independent film makers North East Productions Ltd

we have offices in Newcastle and London.

Newcastle office

Northgate House

St Mary`s Square

Newcastle

NE1 7PN

London office

Suite 501

International House

223, Regent St

London W1B 8QD

The genre of the film is to take a serving community Police officer, who by chance teams up with an ex secret service major from British Intelligence, recently retired.

The screenplay has been copyright protected.

My idea is to elevate the Sikh Policeman to hero by saving the day. He will be profiled as articulate, cunning and a master of Gatka. It is hoped that one of the UK television broadcasters will film a pilot using the plot line and make a series around the character, which could develop into a James Bond genre.

As I stated previously, I think the story is topical and unique in so far as the hero of the story centres on a Sikh lead role.

We see the project as a business investment opportunity for possible interested parties, we may consider a co-production with another film company, maybe Sikh.

I hope this is enough information for you to see the vision and project ahead.

I think this film/TV will enhance the Sikh character to a wider audience and build bridges within different races.

Should you need to speak my mobile no is ------------. office ----------------

Regards,

Mike McCarthy

North East Productions Ltd.

-------------------------------------------------------

OPEN LETTER TO THE SIKH COMMUNITY WORLD-WIDE

Sirs,

I am seeking world wide support for a movie project to be made in 2004. The story is created and written by myself, with full copywrite protection.

The movie will be shot on location in the North of England and a brief synopsis of the movie is as follows.

A serving SIKH Police Officer is seconded by chance to the British Intelligence services. The character will be given special forces training, but remains a Police Officer. The story will see our SIKH character develop, SIKHISM will figure prominently throughout the script to see and show the cultural values of our hero. Particular attention will emphasis his mastery of GATKA skills. In essence we will see our character develop into a James Bond figure to put it simply.

The movie will be action drama, suitable for family viewing.

I believe and hope we will turn peoples attitudes to "Turban Headed" religions with the movie.

A good public relations exercise pre-movie release will possibly start to change bigoted opinions, especially as the characters are portrayed and cast accordingly. The movie will show good versus evil in a different perspective for a change.

To date I have received excellent support from various officials in the Network of Sikh Organisations (uk) and various New York based playwriters.

To drive the project forward I need financial investment from business or individual sources. Participation or any help and guidance you can offer will be greatly appreciated. If I could ask you to spread the word among your communities about the project for it to progress.

I hope you can see the vision and value of public relations for SIKHISM this movie could bring. So confident of the characters success, I have written another movie to follow on.

If you share the vision, I have spent the last three years on this story, please feel free to contact me with your suggestions in confidence. Please genuine enquiries only.

Yours Sincerely,

Mike McCarthy

North East Productions Ltd

Suite 501

International House

223, Regent St

London

WIB 8QD

E mail: mikecmccarthy @aol.com

info@northeastproductions.co.uk

wow neo that sounds pretty good -

3 yrs on the story :shock:

and :D:D:D @master of gatka :P:P

has this part been filled or is it still available???

b4 u ask... i aint gonna try for it :oops::P

wow neo that sounds pretty good -

3 yrs on the story :shock:

and :D:D:D @master of gatka :P:P

has this part been filled or is it still available???

b4 u ask... i aint gonna try for it :oops::P

oh uk daaie bandarooo kuch ta karloou...bataie rehania uooo baaalie... aa gaya tuhada jathedhar jhoootiya luon laaie... heheheh :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• 4 weeks later...