Which country?

Black Goddess

Yo you lot.

Just wondering, if you could move...to a different country, where would it be and why?

Also, is there any people from canada here? whats it like living there? In terms of Sikhi..are there a lot of Sikhs there? Are there any camps and youth kirtans and programs there?

What do you like most about your country? :P

Yo you lot.

Just wondering, if you could move...to a different country, where would it be and why?

Also, is there any people from canada here? whats it like living there? In terms of Sikhi..are there a lot of Sikhs there? Are there any camps and youth kirtans and programs there?

What do you like most about your country? :P

I would want to move to New Zealand or Fiji..something about it... i get visions of me having a farm of sheeps...lol...on a serious note...i m a nature freak...so love these two countries...so much shanti there...not crowded....!

Canada is good...but when it comes to living standards...its too much....people are way to busy with their works, job and payin mortages rather just having good time with their fellow sikhs....yeah we just start having sikhi camps once a year but nothing compare to england but sikhs from england are 2 generation if not 3 ahead of us when it comes to parchar and stuff....there are youth kirtan programs...but its very sad that very youth kirtan programs ended up fighting ..either akj vs taksaal or akj vs tapoban...just recently in akj samagam .....tapobani singhs came in and put some books on their table....and thats it hell broke loose....and sikh youths who are new to sikhi were utterly disguisted that youths cant even held one program together.

But nevertherless, we got lot of positive things happening...like candle light vigil just recently occured... now this week sikh film festival and monthly kirtan programs, weekly gurbani santhia classes at malton, dixie, weekly gurmat class at dixie for 1.5 hr lecture in english to about 300 youths, weeekly rehras at universities, weekly gatka classes in malton & dixie...

When it comes to canada producing singhs and kaurs with raag vidiya...we are not there yet but soon by vahiguroo's kirpa..few singhs and kaurs will sing kirtan commerically in raags.

Thats only stuff happening in toronto itself... if anyone's from vancouver, calgary can enlighten the sangat whats happenin on their ends.

I live in the US now...I used to live in Canada and miss it badly...so would like to move there...or I would love to live in Italy or somewhere like that...it would be awesome...

From what I remember of Canada many many years ago...the youth was sorta into Sikhi, but now I hear its all Indian gangs and stuff..but home is home to me...and i miss the snow... :(

i live in canada.

and i love it here.

i dun wanna leave. but i'm prolly gonna have to travel for grad school or something in the near future. dunno where i'm gonna go. not really too worried bout it yet either. cuz wherever i go, if i wanna find Sikhs, i know i'll find them. or they'll find me.

Canadian sikhs... it's hard to generalize bout them. some of us are seriously into sikhi. some of us couldn't be further away from it. it depends on where u look and who u look to. but one things fo sho. u'll definitely be able to find someone u can relate to no matter where u are.

and i think the same holds true for most places.

take care!

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

When it comes to canada producing singhs and kaurs with raag vidiya...we are not there yet but soon by vahiguroo's kirpa..few singhs and kaurs will sing kirtan commerically in raags.

n3o Singh, I suggest you look for Rajveer Singh of Halifax, Canada (I believe he is presently in Toronto for a year or so). He has to be one of the only decent Sardar Tabla players out there and has performed classically with many Indian Classical Sangeet Artists through to Ghazal Artists as well as Kirtan with the likes of Ragi Gurmukh Singh, Kiranpal Singh Namdhari and others. His sister sings Kirtan in Raag, although she's not likely to be local to Canada.

Whilst there may be many self-styled classical musicians in the UK, frankly they fall way short of the mark when it comes to anything outside of Sikh Circles. Knowledge of shaastri sangeet is really amiss amongst the Sikhs.

I want to move to canada!!

God bless the maple leaf!!

Yeah god bless canada the virgins, the wahabis, nihanggs (oh jesssssssssssssssssssssssss), harry pu cutter (oh jesssssssssssssssssssssssss), fancy female kachera's designers :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've actually met Rajveer Singh and his sister, but haven't had the pleasure of hearing them play, they are a talented bunch though I'll tell ya that...

If any of you get a chance go to Canada....its great there..and i still miss the snow! :(

haha...Canadia...

sorry I had to, just not used to so many people saying good things about Northern US...errr....Canada..

• 2 weeks later...