Sikhi Quiz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Trivia Questions... I am sure you must be aware...

1. Whose reincarnation do Buddists believe Guru Nank to be?

2. What is old the name of Sikh Homeland, Punjab, also the home of Mahayana Buddhism.

I can answer the first one but dont know the second answer to your question

1. Nanak Lama :D :D

Also im not a scientist so some quantum physics dude will probably prove me wrong, but the planets also do their parkarma of the sun in an anticlockwise motion, as the moon does to the earth, as an electron to the nucleous (i think ????).

it all depends which direction you're looking from... from the direction of the sun's north pole it looks like the planets orbit in an anticlockwise direction, from the sun's south pole it's clockwise. but since there's no up & down in space, u can't say it's either clockwise or anticlockwise.

a quantum physics dude :D

it all depends which direction you're looking from... from the direction of the sun's north pole it looks like the planets orbit in an anticlockwise direction, from the sun's south pole it's clockwise. but since there's no up & down in space, u can't say it's either clockwise or anticlockwise.

a quantum physics dude

F***ing scientists. :twisted: :twisted:

No offense... Has doing Parkama got any historical significance in Sikhi or just another Karam Kaand? I think its our own way of "showing off" our respect for the Guru...

its not showing off but keeping order, the nihangs would note down the page number on the granths as they walk around. Then as another Nihang singh would walk past, he would note the time and page number and probably chat to the other Nihang, that way you could tell if the pathi was skipping pages. becasue each page takes a certain amount of time, it would be a bit odd if he started Jap Ji on Panna 1 and 25 min laters hes reading Mundhavani (extreme example), In that case, kick his ass and shove another singh's sloater up his ass as you dont want urs to get dirty. That would be considered as showing off. :twisted: :twisted:

its not showing off but keeping order, the nihangs would note down the page number on the granths as they walk around. Then as another Nihang singh would walk past, he would note the time and page number and probably chat to the other Nihang, that way you could tell if the pathi was skipping pages. becasue each page takes a certain amount of time, it would be a bit odd if he started Jap Ji on Panna 1 and 25 min laters hes reading Mundhavani (extreme example), In that case, kick his ass and shove another singh's sloater up his ass as you dont want urs to get dirty. That would be considered as showing off.

So, you mean to say we do not even trust our paathis... who are doing paath on our behalf... ? I sometimes dont even reconcile with the concept of Akhand Paath... when we do not even understand what the paathi is wispering infront of the mike except for which page number he is reciting...

Would not it be better to do a sahej path no dependent on time constraint spanning may be over a year... I would be gr8 if could read and understand the meaning of one panna (page) per day... that would give us the real Anand of doing Akhand Path...

again, please take no offense... thanx

So, you mean to say we do not even trust our paathis

yes, thats exactly what i mean. lol

who are doing paath on our behalf

lazy sh*t, do your own paath.

I sometimes dont even reconcile with the concept of Akhand Paath... when we do not even understand what the paathi is wispering infront of the mike except for which page number he is reciting...

i dont blame u. most of them sound like that guy from police acedemy, (not jones, the other dude with a really really bad voice, some1 must knw the name, guv... do u knw)

Would not it be better to do a sahej path no dependent on time constraint spanning may be over a year... I would be gr8 if could read and understand the meaning of one panna (page) per day... that would give us the real Anand of doing Akhand Path...

Yep.

again, please take no offense... thanx

ok.

i dont blame u. most of them sound like that guy from police acedemy, (not jones, the other dude with a really really bad voice, some1 must knw the name, guv... do u knw)

u don't mean proctor do u?

... & what makes u think i would know??? :?

u don't mean proctor do u?

... & what makes u think i would know??? :?

not proctor, that other ugly dude, whos was a thug first then became a copper and was teamed up with the small guy with glasses.

i tihnk u would knw, cos u knw useless facts just like i do. except they are different useless facts.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thinkingone,

Gurmat Sanget is actual puratan maryada of singing kirtan which is in raags (between 32-36 total raags)

Kirtan- I think this phrased has been hijacked by modern day kertan ragis by using filmi tunes aling with gurbani.

In my view Keertan and Gurmat Sangeet is one and has same qualities. They have no difference.

• 3 months later...