Why Do we....

Definitions of Sangrand on the Web:

The first day of the month according to the indian calander. The reading of the relevant portion of the composition Barhmaha by Guru Nanak or Guru Arjun Dev relating to each month is read out.

www.sikhs.org/gloss4.htm

The reason why sangrand its done its because to celebrate first day of every month.

Also look at this post...read the whole translations of barhmaha :D

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=5721

forget that i got i question thats beening burning me inside 4 ages

why the in the blue hell is wrong with the dunnia the people of the world?

i mean why do people do the things they do ?

why are people always pulling each other back from achieving greatness?

why is that its always the people u r closed 2 end being the ones who stab u in the back,the same people u would give ur life 4 with no hessitation.

why is that its always the people u r closed 2 end being the ones who stab u in the back,the same people u would give ur life 4 with no hessitation.

Desi baba bro you alright....looks like you have something on your mind bro...

Let it out man...im listening to ya :)

OMG I HAD A REALISATION MOMENT..

everyone listen.. i have figured out the cause of all problems and we must all go pesh again.. OH WAIT WE CANT !!! .. Oh my god...

See I was awatching a movie and as the cops break into the house of a known crack addict she runs into the toilet and attempts to flush several bags of some sort of drug down the toilet.. and she succeeds and then starts shooting at the cops etc etc..

Then I came to think wow where did all those drugs go? Then it HIT ME.. the world is so messed up because we are all on crack. !!!

The amount of times drug busts have gone wrong and the amount of drugs flushed down toilets has to have an effect on the water, as we all know modern countires just filter out the water and repump it back into our homes.. !!!

Now the filters are made to take out loads of impurities etc but did the filter man think about crack smack dope ganja lsd and the many many drugs out there being flushed down toilets daily.

The water is full of drugs man.. and sikhi says no drugs and hence when they give amrit at amrit sanchar where do they get the water from. ????

Oh my god.. its CRACK WATER.... you must all go pesh ASAP..

But wait we cant.. coz the new amrit will be made of the same water.. !!!

Shock .. Horror.. ..

We r never satisfied as we do not know what we want in life.....

When we get something.... (money most of the time) we always want more because, the more we have the better we feel we are getting close to achieving our purpose in life....but how wrong we are.

Everyone loves money....So do I :) It is probably the biggest paap in this world, and everything revolves around it!!!

Also main reason as to why we are not satisified is not only that we dont know what we want, but also because we do not know how to satisfy one another.

When a child draws a picture or brings you something even though its incomplete, you are overly joyed by what you recieve and it always more then enough, even if its nothing.

But if a person was to do the same it wouldnt seem satisfactory, its because as we get older we start expecting something which is the only reason why we will do something. Theres always alittle whats in it for me even if the action seems selfless or proffessional. Its that little bit of whats in it for me, which makes a person unable to provide 100% in whatever they give, and that is why when someone recieves they always feel that there is not enough or something is lacking, even if at first they seem satisfied.. Its the law of karma man.. equal and opposite forces..

oh my goodness. geevus brice, Neo, we ARE on topic! we're discussing other "why is it..." questions! sheesh kebab! chillax already!

aight, so obviously people want more when they don't have enough. but how much is enough? when u're satisfied? so when are u satisfied? when u have more? more than what? more than enough?

it's just a real stupid cycle. we always want more than what we've got cuz we think we'll be better off than where we were in the first place.

but the more simple ur life is, the less u need or seem to want. iono if i'm makin any sense here, it was sorta like this epiphany i had on my 2 hour bus commute to uni. yea, it was tons of fun.

desi baba, why do people do the things they do? because they do. if anything, i've learnt in life that u can never control another person's actions. but there's a lot to be gained from ur reaction. so if another person stabs u in the back, then you know something about their character and u can deal with that information accordingly. does this help somewhat?