**Bride shd be younger than the Groom...WHY???**

Nectar

Do u think its ok for the girl to be elder to the guy if yes then how many years??  

4 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

I think its just a cultural thing and i do beleive it has to do with the female biological clock, the fact that they biologically mature at an earlier age, and of course like its already been pointed out, the traditional role of the man being the one in the drivers seat. we may disagree, but those are the cultural reasons so far as i know.

Personalli i dont think theres anything wrong with the girl being abit older than the guy. as long as they can communicate well and they compliment each other in terms of their levels of maturity, theres no reason why a few years either way should be an issue.

That being said, it can become problematic when the age gap becomes such that one partner has already "been through that phase" and the other is going through it (might be in terms of the attitudes to social life, spending habits, how you deal with people, take ur pick). I have seen couples pulling rank and calling seniority on one another "you dont understand yet.. i do coz im older and have more experience". That kind of thing causes problems.

Ultimately both partners should be able to join together, become better people together and grow and develope together.

As long as that is possible, then it really doesnt matter.

i don't if it's necessarily age that dictates what experiences people go through at certain stages in their life, although it does work on a general level.

but the age difference thing works for both men and women.

my aunt is 13 years younger than my uncle. when i was talking to her about the age difference, she said that it worked for them because she had already been through a lot of what he had so they connected. but at the same time, she found that in certain situations she had to grow up faster to meet him. she's in her 30's and at times she has to act like she's in her 40's just to match his maturity level.

sounds sort of what some guys have to do if they're marrying an older woman, right...